"Live at Preservation Hall: Louisiana Fairytale"

Started by Vitz, Mar 08, 2013, 01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitz

I asked Danny Clinch on Instagram about the movie's release.  He said "its comin real soon I swear!"

Proof: http://i.imgur.com/C0XnJ6n.jpg

timandre22185

Great news, Vitz.  I was in New Orleans last weekend and was able to check out a show at Preservation Hall, and I was just looking online yesterday to see if there was any intention to release the DVD to the masses...  That place is truly magical!

dookie shoot bandit

Anyone know any news on this release?
Danny Clinch said real soon... 5 years ago  :grin: :grin:

Or do you even know an online outlet to watch?

ericm

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Jan 20, 2018, 02:44 PM
Anyone know any news on this release?
Danny Clinch said real soon... 5 years ago  :grin: :grin:

Or do you even know an online outlet to watch?

No idea but try here:

http://www.dannyclinch.com/contact/

I'd love to see it again myself. It was fantastic.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I was lucky enough to catch a screening of it along with a Q&A with Danny and some members of PHJB as part of the Asbury Park Music and Film Festival a couple of years ago.

Pretty cool to see it and them again in The Paramount Theater in AP, the same place they held the Sandy Benefit in Jan of 2013.  :cool:
"Where's Jim going?"

Lonndown27

(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

ericm

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Jan 21, 2018, 06:24 PM
does this feature MMJ playing with them???

It's about the history of the place/band  set around MMJ's performance there and yes there are some great colabs and really cool behind the scenes type of stuff. :thumbsup:  :cool:

Really great to see some familiar faces in the very small group of lucky fans to be there.  (Man, how  I wish I was one of em) :smiley:  :beer:

A must see for any Jacket fan. 

Lonn, you'd love this and I can't wait to see your post when you do get to watch it.
"Where's Jim going?"

dookie shoot bandit

Thanks Eric!!! I sent him an email. We shall see. I asked about the Shannon Hoon Documentary as well.

Lonndown here is the trailer to check out, so you can anxiously await this release too  :cheesy:

https://vimeo.com/26120584

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VjZokbCqlcI

dookie shoot bandit

He replied back that the project is on hold  :cry:

But the Blind Melon documentary is back on track and still working on it.

ericm

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Jan 22, 2018, 11:13 AM

Well that sucks!

A release would've been great but I'll keep an eye out for any screenings of it similar to what he did in Asbury Park. Danny has a gallery in AP and I've been meaning to check it out for a while now. Definitely gonna make a point of going soon and I'll see if I can get some more info.

I wonder if PHJB has it too and does screenings of it?
"Where's Jim going?"

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: ericm on Jan 22, 2018, 11:54 AM

Well that sucks!

A release would've been great but I'll keep an eye out for any screenings of it similar to what he did in Asbury Park. Danny has a gallery in AP and I've been meaning to check it out for a while now. Definitely gonna make a point of going soon and I'll see if I can get some more info.

Thanks man.
I live in Toms River, so it's close. I was bummed I couldn't make it to that viewing in Asbury a couple years ago, but I  will definitely check out his gallery.

ericm

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Jan 22, 2018, 01:14 PM
Quote from: ericm on Jan 22, 2018, 11:54 AM

Well that sucks!

Thanks man.
I live in Toms River, so it's close. I was bummed I couldn't make it to that viewing in Asbury a couple years ago, but I  will definitely check out his gallery.

Damn Dookie, I didn't know you lived in TR.  :thumbsup: I'm from down on LBI so not all that far from you.

His gallery looks really cool and if I don't get up there before April, I'm definitely gonna check it out during the AP Music and Film Fest in April.

Keep an eye out for that because while it hasn't been going on for long, they do a great job with it. Exhibits and things all over AP, in town and in the clubs along the boardwalk and at The Paramount. I'm not sure who'll be there this year or what they'll be showing but it's pretty diverse and some interesting stuff, with some great guests too. They had Danny, PHJB, Don Cheadle, and some Dylan and Jerry stuff in years past.

I think my ticket to the Paramount was $20 and there was another Louisiana pic and Q&A along with Danny's when I went. Well worth the money but sadly not enough people there. Hopefully the word gets out and it continues to grow.

"Where's Jim going?"

Lonndown27

Quote from: ericm on Jan 21, 2018, 06:47 PM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Jan 21, 2018, 06:24 PM
does this feature MMJ playing with them???

It's about the history of the place/band  set around MMJ's performance there and yes there are some great colabs and really cool behind the scenes type of stuff. :thumbsup:  :cool:

Really great to see some familiar faces in the very small group of lucky fans to be there.  (Man, how  I wish I was one of em) :smiley:  :beer:

A must see for any Jacket fan. 

Lonn, you'd love this and I can't wait to see your post when you do get to watch it.

LETS DO THIS DANNY !!!! RELEASE THIS!!!

i remember during my Ryan Adams obsessions, he filmed this September documentary thats come out in pieces, but it's him filming Ryan Adams from late 2004 to late 2006 during Ryan Adams most drugged out times and during his best shows ever with his best band ever and while he wrote and recorded his best songs and albums ever. I emailed him years ago, asking if it was close to coming out and he said he wasn't sure if it ever would and it was nearly completed back then...

i wonder how many goddamn projects this guy has!!! hahhaah

amazing dood Danny Clinch
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

mdgsolo

Selfish bump.  Why can't this project see the light of day- especially with the drought of MMJ we are currently enduring??

Cameron

Jackets N Pones

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire