12/30/17 1st Bank Center - Broomfield, CO

Started by parkervb, Jan 02, 2018, 09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOWJO8185

Sounds great, thanks for upping! One question- there's a good 15 second part of Steam Engine right at the "Take your money and your drugs" part that descends into white noise. I'm assuming that is an issue with the taping itself and not something that could be fixed post-taping? With when it happened,  I was wondering if the taper was by one of the confetti machines and it went off or something - happened right at the climax of the song.

rkwedge

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Jan 02, 2018, 04:11 PM
Sounds great, thanks for upping! One question- there's a good 15 second part of Steam Engine right at the "Take your money and your drugs" part that descends into white noise. I'm assuming that is an issue with the taping itself and not something that could be fixed post-taping? With when it happened,  I was wondering if the taper was by one of the confetti machines and it went off or something - happened right at the climax of the song.
Well your close, when the confetti canons went off the sound literally cut out, there was no sound for that couple seconds. There were 4 cannons and the two on Carl's side seemed to semi fail, and yes that is the white noise you heard, the confetti being blowing out, they only shot half as high as the other two. I think there had to be some sort of power surge or something that cut the PA off briefly. Sucked but it happened.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

MOWJO8185

Quote from: rkwedge on Jan 02, 2018, 04:20 PM
Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Jan 02, 2018, 04:11 PM
Well your close, when the confetti canons went off the sound literally cut out, there was no sound for that couple seconds. There were 4 cannons and the two on Carl's side seemed to semi fail, and yes that is the white noise you heard, the confetti being blowing out, they only shot half as high as the other two. I think there had to be some sort of power surge or something that cut the PA off briefly. Sucked but it happened.

Got it. Was wondering if I should be on the lookout for another tape/source, but sounds like a show issue that will be present on any tapes that surface.

louisvilledanahys

TYTYTYTYTYTYTY!

Can't wait to listen tomorrow morning.

Mr. White

Full Show just posted to YouTube by Pat Myers!!!

Go Get It!!!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Lonndown27

Quote from: Mr. White on Jan 05, 2018, 02:05 PM

Full Show just posted to YouTube by Pat Myers!!!

Go Get It!!!

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

OHHHHH MYYYYYY GAWD
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

guys and gals....that version of THE DARK is so face meltingly intense and energetic..oh my good god...that whole thing just blew my mind in person....being able to scream along with Jim on the "nobody ever screams anymore" part just....my girlfriend was just laughing at me in wonder at how into it I was.

THE DARK is, and always will be, one of those Jacket standards right next to Mahgeetah in my mind, as big of a hit.

IT'S ABOUT TWILIGHT NOW is right in that category, too (very very very fucking sad they didnt bust it out for NYE).
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

jttouch2

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Jan 16, 2018, 08:07 PM
guys and gals....that version of THE DARK is so face meltingly intense and energetic..oh my good god...that whole thing just blew my mind in person....being able to scream along with Jim on the "nobody ever screams anymore" part just....my girlfriend was just laughing at me in wonder at how into it I was.

THE DARK is, and always will be, one of those Jacket standards right next to Mahgeetah in my mind, as big of a hit.

IT'S ABOUT TWILIGHT NOW is right in that category, too (very very very fucking sad they didnt bust it out for NYE).

The intro to The Dark is just so damn badass!!!!!!! Wish it would get more opening love, would sound epic with the cymbal roll coming out of whatever intro track they use that night

Mr. White

Quote from: jttouch2 on Jan 16, 2018, 08:10 PM

The intro to The Dark is just so damn badass!!!!!!! Wish it would get more opening love, would sound epic with the cymbal roll coming out of whatever intro track they use that night

They opened the Forecastle 2012 show with "The Dark".
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Lonndown27

Quote from: Mr. White on Jan 16, 2018, 09:17 PM
Quote from: jttouch2 on Jan 16, 2018, 08:10 PM

They opened the Forecastle 2012 show with "The Dark".

one of my favorite The Dark's ever, that version rips everyone's face off! i just think the version from 12/30 is literally The Dark at its most stomping, its most insane hell-driven rock and roll...it's just so perfect and epic.

rincon2

In the 80's Rhino Records released a series of albums called Nuggets. they were mostly one hit garage band wonders. The Dark, and It's About Twilight, have ALWAYS sounded like 60's garage  rock to me. I know they are both nuggets!

Lonndown27

Quote from: rincon2 on Jan 18, 2018, 12:24 AM

In the 80's Rhino Records released a series of albums called Nuggets. they were mostly one hit garage band wonders. The Dark, and It's About Twilight, have ALWAYS sounded like 60's garage  rock to me. I know they are both nuggets!

Damn Rincon that was fucking perfect that's EXACTLY how to describe those two along with Evelyn , haha dont worry I know what Nuggets is. The 10th album I ever bought was the deluxe edition 2 disc version of the soundtrack to EASY RIDER...introduced me to some of those deeper, more obscure artists with such fantastic songs, such trippy production. I love how those songs sound live wih MMJ, the Dark, Evelyn, Heartbreakin Man, They Ran, Twilight, The Bear, I Think Im Goin To Hell etc...oh sooo sweet

Lonndown27

excuse me while i SLIP INSIDE THIS HOUSE   :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

apparently nobody got that 13th floor elevators joke  :cheesy:

sillyboob

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Jan 20, 2018, 02:58 PM

I caught the reference, but I know it by the cover by Primal Scream.  Had a very Screamadelic experience at one of their shows back in the 1990s.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Lonndown27

Quote from: sillyboob on Feb 08, 2018, 02:01 PM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Jan 20, 2018, 02:58 PM

I caught the reference, but I know it by the cover by Primal Scream.  Had a very Screamadelic experience at one of their shows back in the 1990s.

Hahahhaah Mr Gillespie would be fuckin proud!!!! I dig em i especially love Spacemen 3 and always wanted My Morning Jacket to.cover something by them just dont know what

Lonndown27

Btw does anyone think all nights including Night II will be released on the livedownloads site or will it be in pieces on a live album or not at all? Either way we do have some of the best Jacket audience tapes ever of all these shows and a soundboard of the NYE night

jttouch2

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Feb 14, 2018, 12:51 PM
Btw does anyone think all nights including Night II will be released on the livedownloads site or will it be in pieces on a live album or not at all? Either way we do have some of the best Jacket audience tapes ever of all these shows and a soundboard of the NYE night

I feel like if we were getting soundboards we would've gotten them by now. I'm also afraid the power outage in steam would effectively render night 2 useless in perfectionist Jim's eyes :( hopefully parts of that show make the live album though!! specifically those versions of Slow Slow Tune, DONDANTE, Masterplan, PHONE, and Carried Away (maybe prefer the Nashville 17 version though). Would love to have the First Time as well, but thats not established enough and would probably require the faulty Steam with it :(
*edit* I forgot theres a slip up in Slow Slow Tune. shame too carl's guitar solo is otherworldly in that version

millerjustin

Quote from: jttouch2 on Feb 14, 2018, 02:16 PM

I feel like if we were getting soundboards we would've gotten them by now. I'm also afraid the power outage in steam would effectively render night 2 useless in perfectionist Jim's eyes :( hopefully parts of that show make the live album though!! specifically those versions of Slow Slow Tune, DONDANTE, Masterplan, PHONE, and Carried Away (maybe prefer the Nashville 17 version though). Would love to have the First Time as well, but thats not established enough and would probably require the faulty Steam with it :(
*edit* I forgot theres a slip up in Slow Slow Tune. shame too carl's guitar solo is otherworldly in that version

doubt we'll ever see an official release, but agree we have some solid audience tapes and the Sirius stream from NYE.  They've let a few technical gliches go in the past (Hell from OBH2 was a hot mess with Jim's pick up and the stacks shitting the bed) - and the 2 min intro to PC1 Steam was due to Carl's board completely melting down and getting switched out before his first solo - however, in these instances, the tech was already planned and paid for to allow upload to nugs

What's in here won't disappear

Lonndown27

Quote from: millerjustin on Feb 14, 2018, 02:27 PM
Quote from: jttouch2 on Feb 14, 2018, 02:16 PM

doubt we'll ever see an official release, but agree we have some solid audience tapes and the Sirius stream from NYE.  They've let a few technical gliches go in the past (Hell from OBH2 was a hot mess with Jim's pick up and the stacks shitting the bed) - and the 2 min intro to PC1 Steam was due to Carl's board completely melting down and getting switched out before his first solo - however, in these instances, the tech was already planned and paid for to allow upload to nugs

theres a slipup in Slow SLow Tune?? where at? yeah man I agree with you that was the greatest Slow Slow Tune beyond recognition. Was it just me or were those some of the best versions of songs the band has ever played??

That was definitely the best Carried Away EVER. Just barely beat the Cappy2012 version.

That was the greatest Picture of You, next to RR2016's.

was that the greatest Dondante? it was at least close

not the greatest Steam but still emotional and powerful and epic

that WAS the greatest Wordless Chorus for sure, not even a question. So energized.

Best Victory Dance and Compounds ever too

that was either the best Phone Went West or it was in the top 3 or at least top 5

an 8 minute Masterplan??? with THAT SOLO???? come on..it has to beat out Austin City Limits 2016 for greatest Masterplan for sure, it does for me and i cant believe i got to see that.

easily the greatest Xmas Curtain and on its 100th time played.

best Aluminum Park next to Waterfront 2008 and Capitol Theatre 2012.

easily the greatest and most interesting version of I'm Amazed ever, what a jam!!!

my favorite and the best version of The Dark.

one of the best It Beats 4 U's also.

And most of these songs were the first time I'd seen them live!!! first Masterplan, first Easy Morning Rebel, first Dark, first Cobra, first Carried Away, first so on and so forth.... and what a way to do it....