'Z' Experience @ NYE Shows - Roll Call

Started by n8kline, Nov 18, 2017, 03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 09, 2018, 11:48 AM
Quote from: rkwedge on Jan 09, 2018, 11:46 AM
Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 09, 2018, 11:38 AM
I've seen the Landland posters for the VIP folks, but what was the other piece of merch?
Walter, There was a Blue/Orange Scarf with the event on it, a small thermos, and if you wanted to take it with you a plastic champagne glass from the toast in the lounge Sunday night.

cool, thank you!

did they give these away every night? or just on NYE?

If anyone has extras of the scarf or thermos I would be interested in purchasing.

If you bought single day VIP's you got one for each night along with the poster for that night. If you bought the 3-day VIP you got one scarf and all three posters. The 3-day was a few bucks cheaper than buying 3 single nights.

I didn't get or even see the thermos and had no idea about it.

Edit to say I did the 3-day and they gave all the merch to me on night 1, except for the Champagne glass.
"Where's Jim going?"

walterfredo

rkwedge

I did the hotel package myself, maybe that's what you had to do to get the thermos.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

ericm

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 09, 2018, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the info!

You got it.  :thumbsup:

I want to add I thought CID handled the whole VIP deal pretty well. There were lines for everything but there was really no way around that. Really glad they had a coat check and had all the merch available night 1. It made for things being a lot easier the last two nights especially night three when there must've been another 100 people or so doing VIP.

It was cool they kept the lounge open during the show as it was easy to get drinks,water, food etc with not much trouble. I believe they closed the bar an hour before the end of the show but everything else was still available,including them keeping the soft drink/water bottle fridge stocked all three nights.
"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

Quote from: rkwedge on Jan 09, 2018, 12:02 PM
I did the hotel package myself, maybe that's what you had to do to get the thermos.

Ahh ok, you're probably right.
"Where's Jim going?"

rkwedge

Quote from: ericm on Jan 09, 2018, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the info!

I want to add I thought CID handled the whole VIP deal pretty well. There were lines for everything but there was really no way around that. Really glad they had a coat check and had all the merch available night 1. It made for things being a lot easier the last two nights especially night three when there must've been another 100 people or so doing VIP.

It was cool they kept the lounge open during the show as it was easy to get drinks,water, food etc with not much trouble. I believe they closed the bar an hour before the end of the show but everything else was still available,including them keeping the soft drink/water bottle fridge stocked all three nights.
I agree Eric, things went pretty smooth and getting to the merch booth every night before anyone one else was awesome, no poster anxiety :grin: My only minor complaint was doing the hotel package you got shuttled to and from Broomfield, about a 45 minute trip. The shuttle leaving to Broomfield did not leave the hotel until 5:30 pm, same time the lounge opened. I just used the public bus system to get out to Broomfield earlier and used the shuttle back, worked out well for me.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

ericm

Quote from: rkwedge on Jan 09, 2018, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the info!

I agree Eric, things went pretty smooth and getting to the merch booth every night before anyone one else was awesome, no poster anxiety :grin: My only minor complaint was doing the hotel package you got shuttled to and from Broomfield, about a 45 minute trip. The shuttle leaving to Broomfield did not leave the hotel until 5:30 pm, same time the lounge opened. I just used the public bus system to get out to Broomfield earlier and used the shuttle back, worked out well for me.

OH yeah, no question about that. Getting access to the merch booth before doors was a huge perc for me. Got my poster anxiety free and was able to check it along with my coat and not having  to deal with a tube all night was a sweet bonus.

When we were lining up outside on night 1 the couple behind us had done the hotel package as well. They did the same as you as far as getting to the venue and weren't real thrilled either with the shuttle departing for the venue so late. I could be mistaken but I thought they said they got all their VIP merch at the hotel, so that seemed like a pretty good deal to me. One less line to deal with in the lounge.   :grin:
"Where's Jim going?"

Emb1528

I didn't know about the thermos either. Anyone have a picture?
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

midwesterner

Quote from: ericm on Jan 09, 2018, 02:46 PM
Quote from: rkwedge on Jan 09, 2018, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the info!

OH yeah, no question about that. Getting access to the merch booth before doors was a huge perc for me. Got my poster anxiety free and was able to check it along with my coat and not having  to deal with a tube all night was a sweet bonus.

I agree as a poster fanatic being able to enter early and get the posters each night made the value of VIP worth it.

undergroundales

Anyone here interested in one of the NYE MMJ scarves that were given out for Z Experience on 12/31? I have an extra that is unopened.

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: undergroundales on Feb 16, 2018, 12:15 AM
Anyone here interested in one of the NYE MMJ scarves that were given out for Z Experience on 12/31? I have an extra that is unopened.

Definitely!!  PM sent.

walterfredo

If anyone else has an extra I'd love to buy it from you!

JDUB

I haven't seen anyone mention the photo opportunity on the original stage set of the My Morning Jacket 'Z' tour and a poster/photo gallery featuring prints from the band's twenty-year career. How was that?

ericm

Quote from: JDUB on Feb 17, 2018, 12:34 PM
I haven't seen anyone mention the photo opportunity on the original stage set of the My Morning Jacket 'Z' tour and a poster/photo gallery featuring prints from the band's twenty-year career. How was that?

I thought the poster/photo gallery was pretty cool. There were some good prints up for auction, and even though none of them really tripped my trigger, it was good to stroll around the gallery and check them out.

The stage wasn't really my thing but still pretty cool for those who were into it. You were allowed to take your own pictures on it but if you wanted one taken by the on site photog, those pics became property of CID to do as they wanted. Every VIP purchasers got a link to where we could purchase any of those pics taken.

I have links to all three nights pics and here's a link to the 12/29 pics if anyone wants to check them out.

https://cid.smugmug.com/2017/My-Morning-Jacket-NYE/MMJ-1229/i-23c5qjF
"Where's Jim going?"

searchinbig

Quote from: ericm on Feb 17, 2018, 01:33 PM

I thought the poster/photo gallery was pretty cool. There were some good prints up for auction, and even though none of them really tripped my trigger, it was good to stroll around the gallery and check them out.

The stage wasn't really my thing but still pretty cool for those who were into it. You were allowed to take your own pictures on it but if you wanted one taken by the on site photog, those pics became property of CID to do as they wanted. Every VIP purchasers got a link to where we could purchase any of those pics taken.

I have links to all three nights pics and here's a link to the 12/29 pics if anyone wants to check them out.

Eric,

Really great pics. Thanks for sharing them.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

ericm

Quote from: searchinbig on Feb 17, 2018, 04:00 PM
Quote from: ericm on Feb 17, 2018, 01:33 PM

Eric,

Really great pics. Thanks for sharing them.

No problem. I should've posted the links a while ago but it never crossed my mind til I read JDUB's post today.

Here's the other two nights:

12/30/17

https://cid.smugmug.com/2017/My-Morning-Jacket-NYE/MMJ-1230/

12/31/17

https://cid.smugmug.com/2017/My-Morning-Jacket-NYE/MMJ-1231/
"Where's Jim going?"