3/3/2018 OBH4 Night II

Started by Lonndown27, Mar 11, 2018, 03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonndown27

https://archive.org/details/mmj2018-03-03.flac

THANK YOU what an amazing gift of a recording. 
That COBRA is a fuckin stunner... speechless.

3 hours 20 minutes the final night and 3 hours and 2 minutes  this second night according to my itunes
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

greatest band moment live was that Cobra, oh my god what a showdown of blood, trust and loyalty going down on that stage. Jesus christ I cried (only if inside) listening to the final 13 minutes of that Cobra, the unheard sections.
Where is the justice, Jim?
THAT WAS THE FUCKING JUSTICE, JIM...

oh my gawd

setting Cobra straight was glorious...the Bo keys passages were so outta this world my fucking hell i love Bo Koster.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

millerjustin

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Mar 13, 2018, 02:38 PM
greatest band moment live was that Cobra, oh my god what a showdown of blood, trust and loyalty going down on that stage. Jesus christ I cried (only if inside) listening to the final 13 minutes of that Cobra, the unheard sections.

oh my gawd

setting Cobra straight was glorious...the Bo keys passages were so outta this world my fucking hell i love Bo Koster.

hey - can you provide this dummy with the best way to load archive tracks into iTunes?
What's in here won't disappear

sillyboob

Quote from: millerjustin on Mar 13, 2018, 05:07 PM

oh my gawd

hey - can you provide this dummy with the best way to load archive tracks into iTunes?

You should be able to download the songs from Archive.  On the right side of the page, there are download options.  Download the mp3 files to your hard drive, file them where you typically keep your music files, then go into iTunes from the File menu and you should be able to add them to your iTunes.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

robb

oh my gawd

somewhere in the weird part of cobra i saw tom mouth to jim, "what the fuck are you doing?" one of my favorite little moments of the whole weekend.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

jttouch2

Quote from: robb on Mar 14, 2018, 12:15 PM

oh my gawd

somewhere in the weird part of cobra i saw tom mouth to jim, "what the fuck are you doing?" one of my favorite little moments of the whole weekend.

"The weird part of Cobra" could be anywhere in the last 15 minutes of the song

robb

Quote from: jttouch2 on Mar 14, 2018, 12:43 PM
Quote from: robb on Mar 14, 2018, 12:15 PM

oh my gawd

"The weird part of Cobra" could be anywhere in the last 15 minutes of the song

yep.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

MMJTX

I just loved hearing people ask "Is this the same song?" over and over and over again. damn that was fun
Anytime

Lonndown27

Quote from: MMJTX on Mar 14, 2018, 03:38 PM
I just loved hearing people ask "Is this the same song?" over and over and over again. damn that was fun

Hahaha wow....so many people who frankly didnt deserve to hear that dropped like that.  For us who know every section thats pretty frustrating to hear there were some fairweather fans there.

ericm

Haha. You've got more tolerance for that than I do.   :beer:  Talkers at shows bug me and one's doing it over and over and over again wouldn't be fun for me.  At all. :wink:
"Where's Jim going?"

MMJTX

Quote from: ericm on Mar 14, 2018, 05:36 PM

Haha. You've got more tolerance for that than I do.   :beer:  Talkers at shows bug me and one's doing it over and over and over again wouldn't be fun for me.  At all. :wink:

Oh i get annoyed by them too but frankly at that moment nothing could wipe the smile from my face at that moment. that was by far the best weekend of my life.
Anytime

ericm

Quote from: MMJTX on Mar 14, 2018, 07:19 PM
Quote from: ericm on Mar 14, 2018, 05:36 PM

Oh i get annoyed by them too but frankly at that moment nothing could wipe the smile from my face at that moment. that was by far the best weekend of my life.

I hear ya but if anything could spoil that moment, that would be one of the things that could.  Glad for you it didn't.  :thumbsup:  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

Stevie

Ive thankfully reached a point in my life where when people talk during quiet moments at jacket shows, it's hitting me around a 3 or 4 in terms of frustration and the urge to say something to them.  It used to be up around 8, sometimes bubbling over even higher. 

Still, though.. Why?  Why TF are you even here?  What is with your need to constantly express yourself vocally? 

So anyway, completely over it now ;)

ditty

The thing to keep in mind is, the taper was at the sound booth, basically at the back edge of the major majority of the crowd.  Also, stage right of the booth and within 25 feet of a bar.  Most people "within the meat of the crowd" were attentive.  Saying this, I'm glad we chose to be in the first 8 rows each night and that we get official recordings.
100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

DaydreamNation

The mix is AWESOME...SO MUCH BO!
11/11/23  11/10/23  11/9/23  11/7/23  10/29/22  11/2/21  7/7/17  6/22/17  10/27/16  5/13/16  5/12/16

Stevie

I guess i understand why they dont play Into the Woods anymore.  That was rough.  In fact, and i'm not trying to be a downer just what I am observing, for all the reports about how great Jim's voice was, there were several instances where he just wasn't hitting it at all and it kind of made me cringe.  Rolling back is another example.  In 2012 he absolutely destroyed that song, this last one was not very good. 

If I were there it wouldn't have mattered to me much, getting that kind of setlist.  But it is a little worrisome moving forward.  However, he does seem to be selecting the songs that fit his current voice these days and it all kind of makes sense why we dont get certain songs anymore.