YouTube that IS My Morning Jacket

Started by johnnYYac, Jan 25, 2013, 08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonndown27

Quote from: Mr. White on Aug 21, 2017, 10:16 PM
Thanks! I'm glad people are enjoying these soundboard recordings. I do hope others will discover their "Official Bootlegs" and purchase all of them too, like I did. The only thing I fear is that if I make these too available, people might forego getting the recordings on their own and just listen/watch the videos I've made. That's why I'm making them "Unlisted", especially when they are available for purchase. Plus, it makes them less likely to be noticed and taken down. Although, I don't think the band minds too much.

Also, I love these recordings so very much. I hardly ever listen to studio albums anymore. There's so much awesome live stuff available that I feel they need all my attention. Now, I can simply go to my Playlists to find my Soundboard Videos and hit play on the Roku/YouTube connection, and I'll have hours of endless top quality MMJ to listen to.
Quote from: Mr. White on Aug 21, 2017, 10:51 PM
Lonndown27, this re-do of the Red Rocks 2012 show wasn't as difficult as all I had to do for the other ones where I used Audience/Fan Videos. I already had this show on a DVD I made from the original AXSTV broadcast (can't do that kind of stuff now since they have embedded some sort of signal in almost everything on TV these days that disables the record function on my DVD Recorder). I made DVD's of the whole 3 hours and 25 minutes in several record quality modes. This one is the best quality where I had to split the whole thing up into 4 parts (they were already uploaded to my Full Shows Playlist on YouTube). The sound was from the TV broadcast, of course, and it had a bad mix and had too much of the audience in it. I had to put the 4 parts together into 1 long show, but I had to add all the songs individually (used the Official Bootleg from Livedownloads/Nugs). I did have to do a little bit of editing. When they went to the encore break, AXSTV decided to play a clip of Holdin' On To Black Metal while an announcer hyped the rest of the tour. While doing that, they missed part of Jim talking. On another section, the audio left off something that the TV broadcast had (I think it was Jim talking about Jason Noble who had died that day back in Louisville). I had to use the lower volume of the TV broadcast for that part and for the intro while they are filming the audience before the show starts. Unfortunately, the widescreen thing didn't happen with my recording, so there are the black bars going down the left and right sides. At least the sound ROCKS now!
am

even if it wasn't difficult i still absolutely am grateful to you for your creation of these! Yes we need Jacket fans buying from the band and supporting them, but most real fans will NEED to buy them, whether they can hear them or not already, most care about sound quality. At least I do and I KNOW YOU DO TOO Mr. White or you wouldn't have done all this amazing work to restore it. Thank you for this though and I love when you explain the nuts and bolts behind these projects. I've got a Roku stick as well! I didn't know I could watch Unlisted videos on my Roku that's really badass!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

Quote from: Mr. White on Aug 22, 2017, 09:07 PM
Lonndown27, I'm pretty sure you can watch them from my Playlist on your Roku. I walked my brother through it on the phone one time, and he was able to find them. I'm logged in to  my account, so all my videos show up for me (even the ones that are "Restricted" by YouTube Worldwide ... I guess it's because I uploaded them in the first place and can still view them). What you have to do is go to YouTube, find/search for Darkstarflashes (which I'm sure you are familiar with), look for my Playlists, and then you can select which one to view/watch. The best one is the "My Soundboard Audio Videos" Playlist. I've recently updated it with the new Red Rocks 2012 show. Also, there are several I haven't shared here or on the Facebook Fan Club page yet. There are also a couple of Half Shows there too. Here's the link to my YouTube Channel again.

This is the link to the page with all the Playlists. I plan on making more soon.

https://www.youtube.com/user/darkstarflashes/playlists

dood you are incredible Mr. White!!!!!!! i was blasting a show on my Roku last night!!! FUCKIN A!!!!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

Lonndown27

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FktoX4iqZBw

a way coooool interview where the boyz seem like they're having fun!  :beer: :grin: :cool: they're hilarious in this, from Bennicasm Spain, 2008

LBSUNFLWR

Stevie

Quote from: Mr. White on Oct 24, 2017, 10:31 AM
Going to post this Jim and John Prine song from this year's Newport Folk Festival show where they performed "All The Best". This is in honor of my father who is about to die. He's a real big John Prine fan and even spotted him in a restaurant in Muhlenberg County, Kentucky (where I was born and raised) and stood up to shake his hand as he and a friend were about to leave the little restaurant in Central City, called The Royal Palms. He introduced me to him too. I was probably 10 to 12 years old back in the late 1970's. This video is an original Tanya Kang video she so expertly filmed, and I've dubbed the official NPR audio over it. The sound is a bit low but worth cranking up...so CRANK IT! Thanks Tanya Kang! Thanks Jim! Thanks John Prine. Thanks Newport! Thanks NPR! Thanks dad! I showed this to my dad a few weeks ago, and he really gets it. He knows Jim cares and is one with the music. We all are. Music heals. Let it do it's job.

Hey, Mr. White.  I know we've met before numerous times but I can never place faces until they are right in front of me.  I'm sorry to hear about your dad.  That was a great story, and that is one of my all time favorite Jim collabs.  I think they played it together on Letterman and that has always been one of my go-to's. 

I originally came on here to post this video of Jim and Carl in Amsterdam but I especially think you'll like it.  It's one of the most beautiful, sincere performances that I have ever seen from Jim.  Some of the songs, like Sec Walkin, that maybe aren't their most liked songs with the full band, take on some truly amazing and beautiful forms in this very intimate setting.  Just Jim with an acoustic and Carl with his steel (along with some very strange Jim banter).  I hope you enjoy this, Mr. White, and I wish you strength and comfort. 

Lonndown27

Quote from: Mr. White on Dec 24, 2017, 08:29 PM
"Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas"

I cannot believe the work you've put into archiving and saving these stunning Jacket performances. The fact that you have them all chronologically archived and ordered makes it so easy for ANY Jacket fan to cycle through and explode their mind, whether that's at home in front of a big TV and a few joints and beers, or at work stocking wines and beers (as I do) and have to quickly select something before your boss figures out what you're doing (most LOVE what I listen to and have no problem with it. Also, when I close the store on my closing nights, since I'm fully in charge, you better goddamn believe i'm putting MMJ all day and all of the night peoples, indoctrinating the wicked and righteous to become wickedly righteous)

meltingaway

awesome post/link, wish i went to that bonaroooooo!!

Lonndown27

Quote from: Mr. White on Apr 04, 2018, 12:36 AM
My Morning Jacket
"War Begun" into "I Will Sing You Songs" - Live on 12/29/2012 - Port Chester, New York
http://nugs.net/browse/music/8831/My-Morning-Jacket-mp3-flac-download-12-29-2012-The-Capitol-Theatre-Port-Chester-NY
Video footage from WLKY 32 in Louisville and Herald Leader News in Lexington along with photos of the Kentucky Teachers Rally in Frankfort, Kentucky on Monday, April 2, 2018 - I was there with my wife on the 3rd step from the top level right in front of the doors to the Kentucky State Capitol Building. (Some of the video footage is mine. About half of the photos are mine as well.)

Hell yes!! Thank you for standing LITERALLY with the teachers and for this amazing video. I love this version of I Will Sing U Songs.  Absolutely love the vibrato pedal on Carl's guitar

rkwedge

Quote from: Mr. White on Apr 04, 2018, 12:36 AM
My Morning Jacket
"War Begun" into "I Will Sing You Songs" - Live on 12/29/2012 - Port Chester, New York
http://nugs.net/browse/music/8831/My-Morning-Jacket-mp3-flac-download-12-29-2012-The-Capitol-Theatre-Port-Chester-NY
Video footage from WLKY 32 in Louisville and Herald Leader News in Lexington along with photos of the Kentucky Teachers Rally in Frankfort, Kentucky on Monday, April 2, 2018 - I was there with my wife on the 3rd step from the top level right in front of the doors to the Kentucky State Capitol Building. (Some of the video footage is mine. About half of the photos are mine as well.)

Nice Mr. White, from what I've heard the state legislators snuck this in on a sewage bill last second. That's about as low as it gets with me. People of Kentucky find out who voted for this and vote them out next election. Our teachers should be held in high regard not in the same sentence as "Sewage" I salute everybody who showed up to this rally!  :thumbsup:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Michaelfeld

Trailer for the documentary One Big Holiday released with Circuital:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQNm9hGzUdA

parkervb

Great performance!!!

looks like Tom has a new bass (?)

rkwedge

^^^^^ That's really good! Thanks for posting.^^^^^^
New bass and growing his hair out, Rebel  :grin:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

parkervb

lazylightning posted some pretty solid videos from Forest Hills incl Steam and PWW

parkervb