New Live Album & OBH4 Downloads - when are they coming?!?

Started by sillyboob, Mar 19, 2018, 02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOWJO8185

If the live album is truly "in the can" then I think we could get it pretty soon. But if any of these projects (live album or Waterfall II) require the guys to put some level of work into it still, then I think them coming out in 2018 could end up being a pipe dream. Seems they are all going to have other priorities in 2018.

jttouch2

Assuming the release comes on a Friday like most proper releases, I'd expect us to get the downloads tomorrow. I'll be hoping we get that email in the morning and can download everything in time for the road trip to Louisville for Jim's symphony show this weekend!  :thumbsup:

sillyboob

Quote from: jttouch2 on Apr 05, 2018, 11:12 AM
Assuming the release comes on a Friday like most proper releases, I'd expect us to get the downloads tomorrow. I'll be hoping we get that email in the morning and can download everything in time for the road trip to Louisville for Jim's symphony show this weekend!  :thumbsup:

Let's hope!  Here's to tomorrow!!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Lonndown27

the more i watch / listen to RR2016, the more i get the feeling it's gonna be a two or three disc live album / LP of the Beacon 2015 shows and then a live DVD of RR2016. I really believe that.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

jttouch2

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Apr 07, 2018, 04:48 PM
the more i watch / listen to RR2016, the more i get the feeling it's gonna be a two or three disc live album / LP of the Beacon 2015 shows and then a live DVD of RR2016. I really believe that.

As much as I want to agree with you, i kinda feel like they won't do a red rocks DVD because there is already pretty good footage of those shows out there. Maybe a Beacon DVD, or weren't the Iriquois 2016 shows filmed as well?

ericm

I like the way you're thinking Lonn, but I have to disagree. The more I think about it the more I think it's all Beacon.

Not only because the shows were great and they were on top of their game but the whole "no recording allowed" thing has me convinced it was because they wanted to release something official from that run.

We'll see though and I certainly won't be disappointed if your prediction plays out.  :thumbsup:  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

Lonndown27

Quote from: jttouch2 on Apr 07, 2018, 06:00 PM

As much as I want to agree with you, i kinda feel like they won't do a red rocks DVD because there is already pretty good footage of those shows out there. Maybe a Beacon DVD, or weren't the Iriquois 2016 shows filmed as well?
Quote from: ericm on Apr 07, 2018, 06:46 PM

I like the way you're thinking Lonn, but I have to disagree. The more I think about it the more I think it's all Beacon.

Not only because the shows were great and they were on top of their game but the whole "no recording allowed" thing has me convinced it was because they wanted to release something official from that run.

We'll see though and I certainly won't be disappointed if your prediction plays out.  :thumbsup:  :beer:

Seriously either way we are going to love it but there was a magic to the RR2016 shows and we know from the Red rocks in-house screen that they were filming the shows with a pro crew, same one that did RR2012 if I'm not mistaken by the shots you can see of it on some YouTube footage.

Beacon footage would be UNREAL i just haven't seen anything concrete about filming has anyone else seen something about it being filmed too?? we all know this was recorded , but could it have been filmed?? i don't see any film crews or cameras, but i was only mildly looking. amaybe Jim was letting loose on some of dat State of the Art...tech nol o gy  :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: <3 <3 maybe they filmed it with tiny, awesome cameras that captured from some ridiculous angles at the Beacon.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

jttouch2

Last year, the OBH3 download release was coupled with the announcement of the summer tour. Is it possible that the OBH4 downloads get released in combination with an announcement of jim's solo album/tour or maybe the live album???

Lonndown27

Quote from: jttouch2 on Apr 11, 2018, 10:44 AM
Last year, the OBH3 download release was coupled with the announcement of the summer tour. Is it possible that the OBH4 downloads get released in combination with an announcement of jim's solo album/tour or maybe the live album???

You're getting me very excited!!!

jttouch2

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhdqBclnvxc/?taken-by=removador

He's posted this same cloud thing twice in the last like 12 hours...maybe that solo announcement is coming soon (tomorrow) along with the downloads? maybe im just desperately reaching at straws because I really want these downloads? who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

jttouch2

Quote from: jttouch2 on Apr 12, 2018, 08:17 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhdqBclnvxc/?taken-by=removador

He's posted this same cloud thing twice in the last like 12 hours...maybe that solo announcement is coming soon (tomorrow) along with the downloads? maybe im just desperately reaching at straws because I really want these downloads? who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

he's posted it 2 more times since then, so I feel like we can say with relative certainty that we'll get a Jim solo announcement tomorrow, which would hopefully coincide with the release of OBH downloads similarly to last year. Last year's OBH downloads were dropped on March 13th, so these being released April 13th would be pretty consistent with past precedent.