1st Bank Center New Years Eve 12/31/2017

Started by dcfire, Dec 31, 2017, 07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonndown27

Quote from: Stevie on Apr 21, 2018, 03:17 AM
What's funny about all of this talk is that I was at all three Port Chester shows and i remember feeling let down with the setlists.  Yep.

Why? Because i had previously been at what i consider the best Jacket shows i have witnessed (Red Rocks 2012) and my expectations were through the roof.  It took quite a while for me to accept that it will hardly ever be like that. 

That said, even though the NYE run wasnt full of deep cuts they still blew me away. 

I feel bad for those who didnt enjoy it, i get it. 

it blew my fucking mind!!!!! they still played 2 hours and 45+ on NYE ....they played longer than the Cap shows combined, they played THANK U FALETTINMEBEMICELFAGIN FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!! that literally blew my goddamn mind!!! I know i've put that song in more than a few of my dream setlists and the fact that they busted it out was just...wow....i didnt even know where I was and then combining it with Rhythm Nation??? I LOVE WHEN THIS BAND DOES THAT. They keep the same riff going and the same beat and everything but just throw in the lyrics and vibe and maybe a chord change or two and then go back in a circle to the original song.....I just couldn't believe what they were doing in front of my own two eyes and ears. Yes, I haven't seen the band as many times as a lot of you, so I can see why these shows were more precious to me than they were to some of you who've seen 20 Masterplans already and 15 At Dawns, well those were my third, fourth and fifth shows and I hadn't heard a lot of the Masterplans, At Dawns, Xmas Curtains, The Darks and so when they played those I went as crazy as possible! Maybe it's just my perspective and we all get wrapped up in our own feelings , but fuck....when they launch back into Thank U after Rhythm Nation...it's PURE triumph....

That was why when I heard the chugging hihats directly after i was disturbed heavily...I was ready and willing for the band to take us on a journey or another hour...
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

RobRoy286

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Apr 22, 2018, 05:26 PM
Quote from: Stevie on Apr 21, 2018, 03:17 AM
What's funny about all of this talk is that I was at all three Port Chester shows and i remember feeling let down with the setlists.  Yep.

Why? Because i had previously been at what i consider the best Jacket shows i have witnessed (Red Rocks 2012) and my expectations were through the roof.  It took quite a while for me to accept that it will hardly ever be like that. 

That said, even though the NYE run wasnt full of deep cuts they still blew me away. 

I feel bad for those who didnt enjoy it, i get it. 

it blew my fucking mind!!!!! they still played 2 hours and 45+ on NYE ....they played longer than the Cap shows combined, they played THANK U FALETTINMEBEMICELFAGIN FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!! that literally blew my goddamn mind!!! I know i've put that song in more than a few of my dream setlists and the fact that they busted it out was just...wow....i didnt even know where I was and then combining it with Rhythm Nation??? I LOVE WHEN THIS BAND DOES THAT. They keep the same riff going and the same beat and everything but just throw in the lyrics and vibe and maybe a chord change or two and then go back in a circle to the original song.....I just couldn't believe what they were doing in front of my own two eyes and ears. Yes, I haven't seen the band as many times as a lot of you, so I can see why these shows were more precious to me than they were to some of you who've seen 20 Masterplans already and 15 At Dawns, well those were my third, fourth and fifth shows and I hadn't heard a lot of the Masterplans, At Dawns, Xmas Curtains, The Darks and so when they played those I went as crazy as possible! Maybe it's just my perspective and we all get wrapped up in our own feelings , but fuck....when they launch back into Thank U after Rhythm Nation...it's PURE triumph....

That was why when I heard the chugging hihats directly after i was disturbed heavily...I was ready and willing for the band to take us on a journey or another hour...
Thank You was extra cool because they played it over the house speakers before every show. They also played Easy so I was hopin for that.

JDUB

Can anyone recommend the best recordings of the New Years Eve run from Archive.org? There are so many versions posted. Wondering what everyone thinks the best ones are.