Main Menu

I love

Started by dogwoody, Oct 21, 2017, 12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogwoody

LBSUNFLWR

Ditto.

Kinda crazy but this band changed my life for the better. When Carl's album All Birds Say came out I read a comment someone made online saying it was like part Ryan Adams' Jacksonville City Nights and part MMJ. Since I loved both those things I replied to that by saying those six letters got me very excited about this album: JCN and MMJ. Because of that comment I got a PM from a stranger in Louisville, KY that I almost just ignored at first, but decided there was no harm in replying.  That stranger and I fell in love over the following few months and I moved to Louisville, KY to live with him. Next week will be 6 years since I made that move!!

Emb1528

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Oct 21, 2017, 12:11 PM
Ditto.

Kinda crazy but this band changed my life for the better. When Carl's album All Birds Say came out I read a comment someone made online saying it was like part Ryan Adams' Jacksonville City Nights and part MMJ. Since I loved both those things I replied to that by saying those six letters got me very excited about this album: JCN and MMJ. Because of that comment I got a PM from a stranger in Louisville, KY that I almost just ignored at first, but decided there was no harm in replying.  That stranger and I fell in love over the following few months and I moved to Louisville, KY to live with him. Next week will be 6 years since I made that move!!

That is awesome
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

sillyboob

Ditto.

Wow - that is very cool!!!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

APR

Ditto.

Very nice.  Thanks for sharing that story.

rkwedge

Ditto.

Beautiful Story! I think your stranger is a lucky man. Tom Blankenship once told my son "That's what this band is all about bringing love, togetherness and healing to people"
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

LBSUNFLWR

johnnYYac

Forum Love Connection! Happy for you two. Curious who the mysterious stranger is...  :rolleyes:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 24, 2017, 02:01 PM
Forum Love Connection! Happy for you two. Curious who the mysterious stranger is...  :rolleyes:

Ha! This was not the place where I met him. It was a discussion of Carl's album elsewhere online, but our common love for MMJ is what initially brought us together.

johnnYYac

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Oct 24, 2017, 02:33 PM

Ha! This was not the place where I met him. It was a discussion of Carl's album elsewhere online, but our common love for MMJ is what initially brought us together.
Oops! Forgive me for jumping to conclusions. Still happy for you. Its a nice story.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 25, 2017, 09:06 PM
Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Oct 24, 2017, 02:33 PM

Oops! Forgive me for jumping to conclusions. Still happy for you. Its a nice story.

Thank you! :)

Lonndown27

what an awesome story LBSUNFLWR hahah so cool !!! also cool to see you guys are stone-cold Carl fans too!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

LBSUNFLWR

Stone cold! 😊😊

NCmapper

Wow this is amazing.  So glad I came across.  My wife of 17 yrs used to make fun of me for listening to Jacket near constantly for months on end.  Took her to a show in 2015 and the NYE run we celebrated our 8th show together.  It has changed our lives as well and Jacket fans are the absolute best.  We meet so many great people each time. 

All the best

sillyboob

Quote from: NCmapper on May 02, 2018, 08:28 AM
Wow this is amazing.  So glad I came across.  My wife of 17 yrs used to make fun of me for listening to Jacket near constantly for months on end.  Took her to a show in 2015 and the NYE run we celebrated our 8th show together.  It has changed our lives as well and Jacket fans are the absolute best.  We meet so many great people each time. 

All the best

My wife used to laugh at me as well for playing MMJ constantly once my obsession started.  We've now seen them at Red Rocks, in Nashville, and at 3 One Big Holidays.  We've had the best times with the folks we meet on these trips.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.