NBA Playoffs 2018

Started by Jackets N Pones, May 08, 2018, 11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackets N Pones

Rockets over Dubs in 7
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

iLikeBeer

I wouldn't complain about that one bit!!!  :thumbsup:

Oh, and I really wish someone would take Charles Barkley's advice regarding what he would do to Draymond Green!!! 

rkwedge

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on May 08, 2018, 11:26 PM
Rockets over Dubs in 7
Wish I could agree but Chris Paul tends to disappear in big moments. Dubs in 6
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

parkervb

worst nightmare for the Dubs. They can't guard PGs and Capela is playing his best basketball right now. Still think they win in 7 though.

Very excited for this matchup and very excited Houston is in central time zone b/c this guy can't handle 10:30 tip offs anymore.
Don't you ever turn it off

ericm

Quote from: rkwedge on May 09, 2018, 02:48 PM
Rockets over Dubs in 7

Same here.

I need to see Paul and Harden show up for a whole big time series before I can pick them to win anything.
"Where's Jim going?"

iLikeBeer

Quote from: ericm on May 09, 2018, 04:35 PM
Quote from: rkwedge on May 09, 2018, 02:48 PM
Rockets over Dubs in 7

Same here.

I need to see Paul and Harden show up for a whole big time series before I can pick them to win anything.

He was pretty clutch last night.  Houston was down 3 after 3 when he went off for 20 in the 4th quarter.  Granted, that's probably the first time that's happened, but he did carry them to the win to finally get his 1st conference finals appearance.  BTW, he also became the first player in playoff history to go for 40+ points, 10+ assists and ZERO turnovers.  Not a bad stat line...

As a Cavs fan, I can't imagine what Toronto fans are feeling after LeBronto ripped their hearts out again.  I remember how much I disliked (I'm being kind) MJ and he just beat us with the Ehlo shot.  LeBron has crushed Raptors fans spirits for 3 straight years?!?!

Regardless of who the Cavs face in the East Finals, I think they get it done in 6 or less.  And then in the Finals?  I'm not so confident against either Houston or Golden State...

Come Closer

I think Boston has a great shot at beating the Cavs. The Warriors most likely roll to another title.

parkervb

this series is going to be tougher for LeBron than I think people are acknowledging and he won't have Kyrie this year to beat up on IT. Love has to continue the play he found in last 2 games of Raps series.

Murph

I never have been a Lebron guy, but it sure has been fun watching him carry this team.  I still see this series going 7.  Warriors in 5.

How crazy is this picture?!  Lebron and a young Jayson Tatum.  Now going head to head in the ECF

APR

Cavs - Warriors round 4 a few weeks away. 

rkwedge

Boston hammers Cleveland in game 1. Reguardless how this series goes, Brad Stevens is one of the best coaches in basketball. The Celtics are going to be a powerhouse for years to come.

parkervb

Quote from: rkwedge on May 13, 2018, 08:39 PM
Boston hammers Cleveland in game 1. Reguardless how this series goes, Brad Stevens is one of the best coaches in basketball. The Celtics are going to be a powerhouse for years to come.

no doubt about it. He's so good he's resetting players expectations for how teams should be run and coached. One reason the IT/Crowder to Cavs part of the Kyrie deal didn't work is that those guys were not impressed with Ty Lue and how the team was run.

How lucky did they get that the Sixers fell in love with Fultz?? They got arguably the best player in the draft and picked up a 1st round pick in addition.

Game 2 of ECF, it will be interesting to see how the Cavs respond to the way the Celtics defended Lebron. It's these types of adjustments that are so crucial in a series that had me saying Celtics in 7. I just don't think Lue is up to the task vs Stevens.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: parkervb on May 14, 2018, 09:44 AM
Game 2 of ECF, it will be interesting to see how the Cavs respond to the way the Celtics defended Lebron. It's these types of adjustments that are so crucial in a series that had me saying Celtics in 7. I just don't think Lue is up to the task vs Stevens.

I'm not throwing in the towel on the series after one game by any means, but you bring up a great point.  IMO, Lue is not that great of a coach, he has just benefitted from being able to coach the greatest player to play the game since MJ.  Same could be said about Eric Spoelstra when LeBron was at Miami.  Lue seems to be slow to make the right adjustments in games and in series.  He got completely outcoached with halftime adjustments in the Indiana series.  Lue was just fortunate that LeBron is so much in Dwane Casey's and the rest of the Raptors' heads to make his questionable coaching a nonfactor.   It will be interesting to see how he fares against arguably the best coach in the NBA at the moment.

Personally, I don't think Boston can hold LeBron in check 2 games in a row.  I also thought the refs let a lot of things go that could have been called so it will be interesting to see how they call things in game 2.  All the Cavs were looking for was a split in Boston when this series began and they can still get it done on Tuesday...

Come Closer

Let's slow down before we crown the guy. Pop is still the best currently doing it.

parkervb

Quote from: Osistheones on May 14, 2018, 06:31 PM
Let's slow down before we crown the guy. Pop is still the best currently doing it.

Pop is a first ballot HoFer. But, if we're talking best coach right now, I think it's Brad Stevens and not really close. He has take 2 totally different rosters to the ECF and as of now they are the favorite to win the East w/out their 2 best players vs one of the top 2 basketball players of all time. I'm not going to tell someone they are wrong at all if they say Pop is best doing it because he's earned that but if I had one game to win right now, I'd take Stevens.

Come Closer

I just think the jury is still out to a large degree. Getting to the ECF isn't exactly a monumental task and imo Stevens should be getting a little less credit and Ainge should be getting a whole lot more. The bench is thin, but Brad is still working with a lot of talent and a well-balanced crew out there. They've done very well with their 1st picks the last 4 yrs. They're also playing against an aging superstar who has a mediocre supporting cast and as you guys pointed out a non-existent coach.

parkervb

Quote from: Osistheones on May 15, 2018, 12:58 PM
I just think the jury is still out to a large degree. Getting to the ECF isn't exactly a monumental task and imo Stevens should be getting a little less credit and Ainge should be getting a whole lot more. The bench is thin, but Brad is still working with a lot of talent and a well-balanced crew out there. They've done very well with their 1st picks the last 4 yrs. They're also playing against an aging superstar who has a mediocre supporting cast and as you guys pointed out a non-existent coach.

all valid points, I would quibble with "aging" superstar unless you are talking about Kevin Love. LBJ just played all 82 games and had one of his 3-5 best regular seasons.

another point on Stevens, it's not a large sample but the C's are 4-2 vs the Warriors over the last 3 seasons. I would guess that's the best H2H record in that span.

APR

I like the Warriors and am now more convinced they're going to repeat, but I'm getting sick of Draymond.  I think he should have been ejected in the first quarter of game one just from shoving Harden and then a few of his other antics (recanting to fouls he obviously committed and yelling and over-reacting to fouls agains him that were actually called anyway). 

Regarding the Celtics, Ainge is great, but Stevens is winning without the top players Ainge brought in for them.  That is impressive as is Brown and Tatum.  The Celtics and Sixers should rule the East for a  long time.

Murph

Quote from: APR on May 15, 2018, 01:29 PM

Regarding the Celtics, Ainge is great, but Stevens is winning without the top players Ainge brought in for them.  That is impressive as is Brown and Tatum.  The Celtics and Sixers should rule the East for a  long time.

...meanwhile Phil Jackson was falling asleep through Donovan Mitchell's workout and we ended up taking a 19 year old French kid who looked lost for 82 games. 

rkwedge

Wow Celtics exposing the Cavs. Cavs can't play team defense. 2-0 heading to the Land