Main Menu

OBH4!

Started by millerjustin, Jul 18, 2017, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOWJO8185

Quote from: TOOGANS on May 17, 2018, 11:51 AM
Quote from: MOWJO8185 on May 16, 2018, 10:39 PM
DId the band actually play Aluminum Park and Look at you out of album order, or is the bootleg track list out of order?

This is however a meta data error on my part and I have contacted Nugs to make them aware.  You will have to renumber from "Look at You" onward or re-download once the issue is resolved.  My  apologies and thanks for the alert!

Oh, no problem at all! It's an easy enough fix, I just wasn't sure if the band did a minor swap in setlist order there for some reason at the actual show, or just a data issue. Thanks for the feedback, and thanks so much for the great sound here!

millerjustin

Quote from: tmz on May 16, 2018, 11:15 AM
Quote from: Mr. White on May 16, 2018, 08:57 AM
I've only listened to Night 2 so far. I've noticed the recording/playback level is quite a bit lower than other Livedownloads MMJ shows. In my car, I usually play them (loudly) at around volume level 25. I need to crank it up to 35 or more to come close to the same loudness level. No big deal. I just sometimes make compilation CDs of various songs I love to travel with, and this creates an uneven volume issue for me. No big deal though.

So glad to have more MMJ Live Stuff to enjoy!!!

One of the first things I do is add replaygain tags to the flac files.  That way my players can use the album gain to adjust the overall playback to a consistent level.  I end up listening to a lot of tracks on random and it's horrible to have to reach for the volume all the time.

There's a few things I've laughed out loud while listening.  The various "take it away Carlos" of course.  And in "I Think I'm Going To Hell" about 4:45 Jim sings "...to take me to hell" and then interjects "whatever that is."

he did that at OBH2 as well....as his pick up and the whole left stack were on the fritz....
What's in here won't disappear

millerjustin

Quote from: sillyboob on May 17, 2018, 10:48 AM
Someone posted on the Facebook page, but the drum screwup after Heartbreaking Man has been edited out.  No false start on The Bear a song too soon.

I was just telling someone that as they corrected Patrick out of the Bear drumline into They Ran I screamed "NO F#CKING WAY!!!"  everyone around me was perplexed - I really didn't believe it til the 4th song or so as I was desperately trying to find a quieter spot and fist bumped a dude and we said to each other "they're doing it"
What's in here won't disappear

dontgetupset

If anybody has codes that would be great. Thanks

RobRoy286

Quote from: millerjustin on May 17, 2018, 01:52 PM
Someone posted on the Facebook page, but the drum screwup after Heartbreaking Man has been edited out.  No false start on The Bear a song too soon.

I was just telling someone that as they corrected Patrick out of the Bear drumline into They Ran I screamed "NO F#CKING WAY!!!"  everyone around me was perplexed - I really didn't believe it til the 4th song or so as I was desperately trying to find a quieter spot and fist bumped a dude and we said to each other "they're doing it"
It blows my mind that anyone who shelled out the money for this DIDNT know what was happening!

sillyboob

Quote from: RobRoy286 on May 17, 2018, 05:25 PM
Quote from: millerjustin on May 17, 2018, 01:52 PM

It blows my mind that anyone who shelled out the money for this DIDNT know what was happening!

I own all of their albums, but I typically listen to their live albums.  It took me a couple of songs to realize what was going on.  You could tell a lot of the crowd was perplexed early on the first night.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

teej

Made it to Night 3 on my listen and it reminded of a thought I had while there, albeit in a different state of mind. I feel like Touch Me Pt. 1 does not always get its due credit, mostly because Pt. 2 is such an absolute monster of a song, but damn...Pt. 1 is awesome too.

RobRoy286

Quote from: teej on May 17, 2018, 08:12 PM
Made it to Night 3 on my listen and it reminded of a thought I had while there, albeit in a different state of mind. I feel like Touch Me Pt. 1 does not always get its due credit, mostly because Pt. 2 is such an absolute monster of a song, but damn...Pt. 1 is awesome too.
I prefer Part 1 greatly over Part 2.

jttouch2

Quote from: RobRoy286 on May 17, 2018, 09:27 PM
Quote from: teej on May 17, 2018, 08:12 PM
I prefer Part 1 greatly over Part 2.
Seconded

teej

Maybe it's just me who has not been giving it the credit it deserves lol

Lonndown27

Quote from: TOOGANS on May 17, 2018, 11:54 AM
Quote from: tmz on May 17, 2018, 11:25 AM
Quote from: TOOGANS on May 17, 2018, 11:11 AM
Quote from: tmz on May 16, 2018, 08:38 PM
Has anyone else noticed that Cobra seems to cut off prematurely?  A few seconds after the outro music begins, it goes silent for the last 30-40 seconds of the track.  I've checked my downloads again to be sure it wasn't something fixed already.  Both the flac and flac-hd have this.  It seems like that's not the intended fade out.

(I hope that doesn't come out badly, because these recordings are really fantastic and it's only a few seconds of fade out music we're talking about here.  It just stood out after a second, more careful listen.)

I'm sorry to hear this.  I'm 99.9% sure that this is not on my end as I just went back to my exports and see no issue such as what you described.  The only thing that I can't figure is that you might have a corrupted file from an incomplete download or something.  I would check with Nugs on this.  I usually hear from them first if there is a problem with the content that I have uploaded. 
Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks TOOGANS!  I'll check again, and ask nugs if it's still the same.  With luck they spot an error in copying the files you sent them and it'll be easy to fix.  I did download the tracks again (I bought both flac and flac-hd -- due to a combination of  a) urge to listen before the initial issue with the nugs codes was worked out, b) curiosity about whether I could hear a difference on any of my normal equipment, and c) plan to gift the second copy to a friend).

The quality of these recording is truly phenomenal!  Your work here is very, very much appreciated!  It's pretty hard to underestimate how much joy these recordings will bring over the years to come.  So thank you sooooo much!  <3
Thanks for the kind words and enjoy!  It was quite a journey and undertaking at the same time.

We salute you Toogans! This is the creme de la Xmas of all Jacket shows . Thank you thank you thank you !!!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

RobRoy286

I'm so happy. Listened to night 1 in its entirety again last night and WOW. Jim really wrote some incredible songs back then. And having keys on TTF takes it to the next level. I never realized how beautiful I Needed It Most is. Teared up to it.

walterfredo

I would take some extra codes if anyone has a set floating around. I think someone sent me some in error, because the were already redeemed.

gardenparty

I love Nashville to Kentucky sooooo much!

Nigh one is butter

All hail TOOGANS :beer: :headphones:

hoojack

Quote from: gardenparty on May 18, 2018, 11:41 AM

Nigh one is butter

I bought all three nights as I'd assume most here people did. Even if I never get around to listening to nights 2 and 3 it was well worth it.  I've listened to TTF portion twice since I bought it last night and holy shit. All of the songs sound amazing. It may be several more weeks before I get to the other albums.

Lonndown27

Quote from: MamaKel on May 18, 2018, 12:38 PM
Sweet Jesus. Got really choked up during Butch Cassidy. The Tennessee Fire will be playing on the escalator to heaven. I cannot believe the sound quality on these. I cannot believe what an accomplishment for the band. I feel really privileged to have this music. I can't express enough gratitude. Really lucky. This is epic.

What's beautiful is how awesomely they played Tenn Fire, they did the same on the other albums too on those 3 nights. My gawd....this band.....

(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

PJAMVedder

Quote from: hoojack on May 18, 2018, 11:59 AM
Quote from: gardenparty on May 18, 2018, 11:41 AM

Nigh one is butter

I bought all three nights as I'd assume most here people did. Even if I never get around to listening to nights 2 and 3 it was well worth it.  I've listened to TTF portion twice since I bought it last night and holy shit. All of the songs sound amazing. It may be several more weeks before I get to the other albums.

Where can we buy OBH4 recordings?

hoojack

[/quote]

Where can we buy OBH4 recordings?
[/quote]

http://nugs.net/browse/artists/419/My-Morning-Jacket-mp3-flac-downloads

I had the same problem at first. The link from the archive section isnt as easy to find as it should be.

slappymoe

Quote from: MamaKel on May 18, 2018, 12:38 PM
Sweet Jesus. Got really choked up during Butch Cassidy. The Tennessee Fire will be playing on the escalator to heaven. I cannot believe the sound quality on these. I cannot believe what an accomplishment for the band. I feel really privileged to have this music. I can't express enough gratitude. Really lucky. This is epic.
the one-two punch of by my car and butch cassidy....and a full moon, and the beautiful tropical evening....got me teary-eyed, standing there in awe. 

there's just something about that haunting "defeat just hanging around" that kills me. 

rkwedge

Quote from: MamaKel on May 18, 2018, 03:18 PM
When Jeem sings, " 'cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around", he drew out the syllables on "around" and it sounded so circular...like you could really hear the reverberations and echoes in the air. That's part of why it is one of my favorite songs to hear recorded live...it really takes the shape of whatever space it is occupying...and it sounds weird, but the way he sang "yer buddy" was really heart wrenching. And so many new Carl licks...or at least the mixing was good enough to hear them...heard some cool stuff from him on The Dark. Pat's drums were super clear on that one, too. I am only a few hours in, and this shit is just an exploration in sonic wizardry at every turn.
Sonic Wizardry is a good description. Carl has put some new licks in on a lot of these songs and it sounds so amazing. You may be only a few hours in but these will be with you a lifetime. It's hard to imagine thru their first 7 albums that we will ever get anything better than this. When watching this live I kept thinking that they really put some time in rehearsing this stuff for it to sound soooooo gooooood. I've been getting emotional every time I listen to any of it and hope that never fades. :beer:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes