Ray LaMontagne - Part Of The Light

Started by JDUB, May 18, 2018, 09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDUB

I just purchased the new Ray LaMontagne album Part Of The Light. Bo and Carl have performance credits on every song. I wonder if they are touring with Ray again this summer.

rkwedge

Quote from: JDUB on May 18, 2018, 09:14 AM
I just purchased the new Ray LaMontagne album Part Of The Light. Bo and Carl have performance credits on every song. I wonder if they are touring with Ray again this summer.
Not Bo for sure, he's doing the rest of the year with Roger Waters in Europe and other countries.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Murph

I thought someone had mentioned on here that they were going to be touring with Strand of Oaks?  Similar to what they did with Ray on that tour. 

sillyboob

Quote from: Murph on May 18, 2018, 03:34 PM
I thought someone had mentioned on here that they were going to be touring with Strand of Oaks?  Similar to what they did with Ray on that tour. 

That would be great!!  I'd love to see Strand Of Oaks at OBH someday.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Clarkwork

Pretty sure the SOA stuff is not happening.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Come Closer

JDUB

I like it. It sounded similar to Orobouros, maybe a little more upbeat.

mdgsolo

Just saw Ray's show last night.  Neko Case stole the show even with mostly new songs.  Her new album is a monster!  Carl's shredding the guitar elevated the RM set tho fo sho

sillyboob

Quote from: mdgsolo on May 31, 2018, 06:58 PM
Just saw Ray's show last night.  Neko Case stole the show even with mostly new songs.  Her new album is a monster!  Carl's shredding the guitar elevated the RM set tho fo sho

Is Carl the only one from MMJ joining Ray's tour this time?
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Jbpats

Listened to this album today driving to the Catskills, it's borderline perfect in my opinion.
Trouble is one of my favorite albums of all time, and I haven't liked much Ray has done since. This recent release pulled me right back in. A real treat.

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: Jbpats on Jun 01, 2018, 05:26 PM
Listened to this album today driving to the Catskills, it's borderline perfect in my opinion.
Trouble is one of my favorite albums of all time, and I haven't liked much Ray has done since. This recent release pulled me right back in. A real treat.

Nice! I have to play it this weekend. Trouble is an all time favorite of mine too. I love God Willin and the Creek Don't Rise a lot too. Ray has one of the all time best voices!

rkwedge

It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: rkwedge on Jun 05, 2018, 04:42 PM
Ray on Jimmy Kimmel last night with Carl  :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uugs2kHzCWQ

It was great. Just watched it on my DVR.  Carl shined, as per usual. 🙂

Clarkwork

The song Goodbye Blue Sky is incredible from this album and pretty sure that is all Carl on the guitar work?
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Jbpats

Anyone catch this tour? Contemplating hitting the Boston gig this weekend, just not sure it's worth $100 to me.
Would love to hear some reviews.

oistheone

All I know is I just watched a video where Carl is absolutely shredding, and Ray lets him completely off the leash. As a man in dire need of Carl content, I would probably pay $100 for that alone.

subinai

Quote from: Jbpats on Jun 20, 2018, 11:18 AM
Anyone catch this tour? Contemplating hitting the Boston gig this weekend, just not sure it's worth $100 to me.
Would love to hear some reviews.

I went to the show mostly to see Neko Case. I am a casual Ray fan and enjoyed the 3/4 of the set I saw. I left early. It was more rock oriented than I had expected. Carl sounded awesome. I found tix on StubHub the day of the show and paid well below face value.

Jbpats

Quote from: oistheone on Jun 20, 2018, 11:34 AM
All I know is I just watched a video where Carl is absolutely shredding, and Ray lets him completely off the leash. As a man in dire need of Carl content, I would probably pay $100 for that alone.

Mind posting the link? The consideration is mostly for my Carl fix, figure the pedal steel he would be playing based on Rays recent release would be pretty awesome.

oistheone

Can't post the link here for some reason -- check the MMJ fan page on Facebook!

bschulze1726

i saw ray in chicago and they sounded great.  I thought Carl really shined more the last 7 songs or so.  I'd recommend it.