Started by Mr. White, Jun 14, 2018, 06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

https://sometomguy.bandcamp.com/releases

Letterbox Edition
by sometomguy

Digital Album
Streaming + Download
Includes high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more. Paying supporters also get unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app.

7'' Vinyl Edition (Includes Digital Download)
released May 7, 1997

From Louisville, La Grange, Crestwood & Buckner, Kentucky... Letterbox Edition was Daniel Keith Workman (bass guitar), Matthew Joseph Rosencrans (guitar), Thomas Gilbert Blankenship (guitar & words), Andrew Mark McLeroy (piano) and Christopher Vincent Fowler (drum kit).

This is the first (and only) record by the Letterbox Edition rock band. It was recorded & mixed at DSL Studio in Louisville, KY March 18 & 21, 1997. Produced by Mike Baker, who also provided an 11 hour supply of coffee & patience. The vinyl counterpart of this initial digital recording was pressed at Nashville Record Productions during early April 1997. After its pressing it was sent to a two bedroom apartment in Old Louisville where the packaging was handmade by its members. All photographs taken and words written by Tom. Sounds performed and composed by Letterbox Edition. The font featured on your vinyl is a product of K Composite Media. Additional sounds on this phonographic recording are provided by the dying tubes of a thirty year old Sears & Roebuck guitar amp, bought for fifteen dollars at a yard sale in J-Town.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

robb

Quote from: Mr. White on Jun 14, 2018, 06:05 PM
https://sometomguy.bandcamp.com/releases

Letterbox Edition
by sometomguy

Digital Album
Streaming + Download
Includes high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more. Paying supporters also get unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app.

7'' Vinyl Edition (Includes Digital Download)
released May 7, 1997

From Louisville, La Grange, Crestwood & Buckner, Kentucky... Letterbox Edition was Daniel Keith Workman (bass guitar), Matthew Joseph Rosencrans (guitar), Thomas Gilbert Blankenship (guitar & words), Andrew Mark McLeroy (piano) and Christopher Vincent Fowler (drum kit).

This is the first (and only) record by the Letterbox Edition rock band. It was recorded & mixed at DSL Studio in Louisville, KY March 18 & 21, 1997. Produced by Mike Baker, who also provided an 11 hour supply of coffee & patience. The vinyl counterpart of this initial digital recording was pressed at Nashville Record Productions during early April 1997. After its pressing it was sent to a two bedroom apartment in Old Louisville where the packaging was handmade by its members. All photographs taken and words written by Tom. Sounds performed and composed by Letterbox Edition. The font featured on your vinyl is a product of K Composite Media. Additional sounds on this phonographic recording are provided by the dying tubes of a thirty year old Sears & Roebuck guitar amp, bought for fifteen dollars at a yard sale in J-Town.

even though i had one of these prior to tom putting the ones he found up for sale, i decided to order another copy to throw some scratch his way--really glad i did, too. when he shipped it he tossed in a few picks and a hand drawn doodle. i thought that was a pretty cool touch.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

Mr. White

Quote from robb
"even though i had one of these prior to tom putting the ones he found up for sale, i decided to order another copy to throw some scratch his way--really glad i did, too. when he shipped it he tossed in a few picks and a hand drawn doodle. i thought that was a pretty cool touch."

That's cool! I never had one until now. I ordered mine yesterday and sent more than the suggested price, so Tom could feel it was worth the time and effort. Later in the evening, I sent him a message on Instagram thanking him for the hand-drawn doodle/cartoon get well postcard he sent me back in December after my terrible car wreck. It meant so very much to me, and I wanted to let him know. This morning, he had replied to my message and mentioned he had received my order for this 7'' and was trying to get it shipped out today (he did because I got an e-mail stating my order was on it's way). Maybe he'll send me a pick and another doodle too. I can only hope. Also, Tom just re-joined Twitter last month and has 119 followers at present. You all should start following him again. He's got 8,405 followers on Instagram too.

Tom's Twitter Account
https://twitter.com/sometomguy

Tom's Instagram Account
https://www.instagram.com/sometomguy/

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

millerjustin

What's in here won't disappear

searchinbig

Got mine today!! So cool, Tom even included a hand drawn doodle.

If you read this Tom, THANKS!

I don't do any social media so I'm sayin' Thank you here!!  :beer:
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."