Main Menu

OBH4!

Started by millerjustin, Jul 18, 2017, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BWA

Day is Coming for sure, maybe You Wanna Freak Out,  as well as a short NIB (Black Sabbath) tease.

e-stone

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Jun 16, 2018, 06:47 PM
Quote from: slappymoe on Jun 15, 2018, 10:17 AM
Quote from: dr_trousers on Jun 14, 2018, 01:22 PM
I say this as someone who has been to all four OBHs and loves the band, but you clearly never saw Phish 1.0. Those shows were magical night after night. If you are talking about 3.0, sure. But Phish in the 90s was incredible.
and obviously never saw The Who in their late 60's-early 70's prime.  but then again, few of us did.

Trust me when i talk about bands three times my age....ive heard almost every bootleg.  Seen all the footage. I love all of these bands. By the time i was 16, I'd seen the Stones AND The Who actually ...

And, None of them come close to the musical nirvana and perfection (without being "perfect" or fake or contrived or stale) of My Morning Jacket live.

The Who from 1967 to 1976 are one of the best live bands ever. The sounds they made with only three instruments STILL boggles the mind ...

Phish though? It's a case of if you like their music or not. Just like the Dead. Chances are if you love their music, you'll think they're the greatest live bands ever. But if you hate their music then they're shitty.

When it comes to MMJ, all i hear, even from their biggest detractors, is THAT'S the best live band on earth.

my one wish for live MMJ would be to take it to the next level with exploring longer, headier jams with random songs other than the few that we've come to expect. PWW, Steam and Dondante are amongst my favorites, but i've always yearned for Gideon to just go on and on and on.

jimsflyingv

It took me some time to download the shows and after a first listen in my car and on my way to work I am blown away.........MMJ songs even if I have already dozens versions of them the band always finds a way to make them sound new and exciting over and over again !!!

Jenfarr

Anyone need DL codes?  I have an extra set.

Murph

Quote from: Jenfarr on Jun 27, 2018, 11:14 AM

Yes Please!!

Woody

Probably too late but I would love some codes if any are out there. Thanks!

Jenfarr

Quote from: Murph on Jun 27, 2018, 03:08 PM

Yes Please!!

Post or send me your e-mail address.

Jenfarr

Quote from: Woody on Jun 27, 2018, 03:32 PM

Probably too late but I would love some codes if any are out there. Thanks!

If I don't hear from Murph, they are yours.

Lonndown27

Quote from: jimsflyingv on Jun 26, 2018, 11:44 AM
It took me some time to download the shows and after a first listen in my car and on my way to work I am blown away.........MMJ songs even if I have already dozens versions of them the band always finds a way to make them sound new and exciting over and over again !!!

Glad you're tuned in and flying high now!!!

Quote from: e-stone on Jun 19, 2018, 11:10 AM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Jun 16, 2018, 06:47 PM
Quote from: slappymoe on Jun 15, 2018, 10:17 AM
Quote from: dr_trousers on Jun 14, 2018, 01:22 PM
I say this as someone who has been to all four OBHs and loves the band, but you clearly never saw Phish 1.0. Those shows were magical night after night. If you are talking about 3.0, sure. But Phish in the 90s was incredible.
and obviously never saw The Who in their late 60's-early 70's prime.  but then again, few of us did.

Trust me when i talk about bands three times my age....ive heard almost every bootleg.  Seen all the footage. I love all of these bands. By the time i was 16, I'd seen the Stones AND The Who actually ...

And, None of them come close to the musical nirvana and perfection (without being "perfect" or fake or contrived or stale) of My Morning Jacket live.

The Who from 1967 to 1976 are one of the best live bands ever. The sounds they made with only three instruments STILL boggles the mind ...

Phish though? It's a case of if you like their music or not. Just like the Dead. Chances are if you love their music, you'll think they're the greatest live bands ever. But if you hate their music then they're shitty.

When it comes to MMJ, all i hear, even from their biggest detractors, is THAT'S the best live band on earth.

my one wish for live MMJ would be to take it to the next level with exploring longer, headier jams with random songs other than the few that we've come to expect. PWW, Steam and Dondante are amongst my favorites, but i've always yearned for Gideon to just go on and on and on.

AGREE WITH THIS 100000PPPPPPP4UUDNDNDIDJENSISEK3I39I4I4% THEY DEFINITELY COULD DO THIS SO WELL...

one night a 20 minute OFF THE RECORD with a long dubby mid section hahaha and a screeching Jim solo to boot

PHONE until the beginning of the jam then bridge into a D dominant jam and then bam STEAM begins and then right after the ALL THE PROOF YOU NEED and the jam, they break immediately into the YOU ALWAYS WORRIED from Dondante. THIS could work as a Piece strung together by jams that bridge them together called TRIFECTAFUCK

Gideon CAN and SHOULD go on for 10 at least . There could be a long Wont get Fooled Again type buildup with Bo's keys andthe sequencers until it explodes.

Lay Low could breed into Losin Yo Head for a brief juncture of nottyness or anything else in the key ofG.

Easy Morning Rebel into Lovin cup is something that if it were my way we'd see once a night. THAT Bonnaroo 2006 mashup was the greatest thing ever.

I've got so many ideas peoples
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

dexter