Occupy ICE Louisville Rally & Protest - 7/7/18 - "Here In Spirit" & "No Secret"

Started by Mr. White, Jul 08, 2018, 02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

This is my video of the people who showed up in support of Immigrant Rights, Keeping Families Together, and Abolishing ICE at Camp Compassion camped outside the ICE Headquarters in Downtown Louisville. I used Jim's songs, "Here In Spirit" & "No Secret". There was a large number of Religious Leaders who came as a group and put themselves on the front lines to help keep the peace. My video starts off with them coming in singing in a line from around the corner on Broadway. It moves on to when the Religious leaders and the Camp Compassion organizers led the protesters to the front lines up to the barrier that the Louisville Metro Police Department had set up. They put two large orange dump trucks at the ends of the roads on either end and metal railing in place to keep the small group of counter protesters apart. The counter protesters known as The 3 Percenters had threatened to show up with lots of guns, thus prompting the large police presence. However, and in fairness to them, they changed their mind the night before the Rally and notified the Police and Media that they were encouraging their members to not bring their guns. They also kicked out a man and woman who were KKK members. They had identifying patches and were flying a confederate flag. They were trying to join them to raise hell at the Rally (there's some good local news video of the Cops taking them out). I guess the original organizers for the counter rally were trying to not be overtly racist, and I respect that. In the end, there were a few guns legally carried by a small number of people on both sides. Also, as you will see in the video, there were way less than 100 of them (probably more like 50 at the most). The people on our side numbered in the hundreds and Media reports the number to be just less than 1,000. The Louisville Police did a real good job keeping the peace. There were zero arrests. There was lots of city and community support from like minded people including the group I belong to and Jim belongs to, The Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC). There were people from Black Lives Matter, Veterans For Peace, what looked to be Anti-Fascists (mostly wearing all black), and many more I didn't know the names of, plus, just people who shared similar concerns and wanted to show up today to give voice for Human Rights and concern with what's going on in our country. I was very glad it turned out peacefully. Hope you all don't mind me using Jim's songs to be the soundtrack. I'll post the original videos with crowd sound later in a reply if anyone wants to check them out.

Occupy ICE Louisville Rally & Protest Footage - 7/7/2018
Featuring "Here In Spirit" & "No Secrets" by Jim James

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Lonndown27

THIS WAS EPIC MR. WHITE!!!!! FUCK THIS SHADOW GOVERNMENT AND ALL OF THESE CORPORATE OWNED POLITICIANS DESTROYING OUR SOCIETY, OUR SCHOOLS, IUR FUTURES, TURNING THE HEALTH CARE SYSTEM AND THE COLLEGES INTO ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE.

WE NEED AN MMJ PEACE SHOW: an 8 hour show for World Psychedelic Peace
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018