Soundboard Audio Videos

Started by Mr. White, Jul 22, 2018, 10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

I thought I'd start a thread devoted to Soundboard Audio Videos, so they would be a little easier to find.

Here's my Playlist on YouTube. I've recently updated the Playlist to where all the videos are in chronological order. There are 78 videos at present that include individual live songs, half concerts, and full concerts. Plus, there are a few studio/album songs that I've made videos for using space and nature video footage obtained from YouTube. I'll also post individual songs from time to time. Feel free to add Soundboard Videos from others found on YouTube. I know dilsnufus and a few others have some really good ones out there too.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwf8ZJnffOFrtg_efiDKAqXpQmiCynogr

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Mr. White

Jim
"Sycamore Trees"
Cover Song from the Movie Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
David Lynch Concert
Los Angeles
April 1, 2015

sillyboob

Quote from: Mr. White on Jul 22, 2018, 10:17 AM
I thought I'd start a thread devoted to Soundboard Audio Videos, so they would be a little easier to find.

Here's my Playlist on YouTube. I've recently updated the Playlist to where all the videos are in chronological order. There are 78 videos at present that include individual live songs, half concerts, and full concerts. Plus, there are a few studio/album songs that I've made videos for using space and nature video footage obtained from YouTube. I'll also post individual songs from time to time. Feel free to add Soundboard Videos from others found on YouTube. I know dilsnufus and a few others have some really good ones out there too.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwf8ZJnffOFrtg_efiDKAqXpQmiCynogr

What a collection of songs!! Thanks for sharing!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Woody

rkwedge

Great place to send people who are not into MMJ yet or have not discovered them. Thanks for all your hard work over the years Mr. White.  :thumbsup: :beer:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

ChiefOKONO

Thanks so much for posting the youtube channel and also that clip from the Lynch concert.  I missed that he did that one!

Lonndown27

so sick!!! Jimbo does Lynch!! this is unreal!!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Mr. White

"O Is The One That Is Real" - Port Chester - 12/29/2012

searchinbig

Thanks Mr. White. These are pretty sweet.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

ChiefOKONO

Awesome clip... Love O is the ONE ~

Mr. White

The Dark
Port Chester, New York
Night 2 - December 28, 2012
(Original Video by Leith Bayazid - He gave me permission to use his videos.)

Mr. White

My Morning Jacket
"Heartbreakin' Man" into "X-Mas Curtain"
Port Chester, New York
December 27, 2012 - Night 1

Mr. White

"What The World Needs Now Is Love"

LB

Thanks for doing this, Mr. White. Feel free to use more of my videos for the soundboard renditions. I think the OBH4 audio quality came out quite nice
no you never gotta fight with me

Mr. White

Thanks for all the kind and encouraging words!

I've updated the above links, so they all work again. I'll update other threads that I've shared videos in at a later date.

Mr. White

RobRoy286

I love this band so much but their lack of live soundboards is...ugh.

Mr. White

My Morning Jacket
Lay Low
Port Chester, New York
Night 3 - 12/29/2012
(Original Video by Leith Bayazid)

Mr. White

Jim & John Prine
Newport Folk Festival
"All The Best"
7/30/2017

I had previously posted this video, but since making it 3 years ago, I learned how to boost the sound. This video and this song and these two men mean a lot to me, and they mean much, much more to me right now.

Long story: My father had been a huge fan of John Prine since the early 1970s. His song "Paradise" is about his visits to Muhlenberg County, Kentucky, where his family is from and where I am from. It is where Paradise, Kentucky was (the subject of the song). The TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority) Paradise Fossil Fuel Plant was built on the spot where this town used to be located. They made all the residents leave, so they could build this still operational (but not for much longer - not economically viable) coal burning electricity power plant. This fossil fuel plant employed hundreds and hundreds of folks from my county and surrounding counties and still does to a lesser degree. One of my high school classmates was a chemist there in the late 1990s and even took me into the place late one night where we wore hard hats and went down into the very bowels of the plant. It was very trippy! My Grandfather and my Dad were both coal miners. My Grandfather even retired as a UMWA (United Mine Workers of America) miner and worked for the Peabody Coal Company at their Gibraltar Coal Mine for years. My Dad worked for the coal mines in Muhlenberg County until getting laid off in the early 1980s and had to relocate in Southern Illinois to continue being a coal miner until he had to stop working after heart disease and mental illness stopped him in 1987 while I was in the Navy.

1970s - While eating at a restaurant in Central City, Kentucky (8 miles from where we lived in Greenville) my Dad noticed John Prine was there eating with a friend. I was probably around 10 to 12 years old at the time (late 1970s). When John and his friend got up to leave, my Dad stood up and stopped him to say hello and shake his hand after saying he was a big fan. He asked me to stand up and introduced me to John, and I shook his hand too.

My father remained a big fan of John Prine for the duration of his life. Money troubles and physical and mental decline in my Mom and Dad resulted in them having to move into our house in 2005. They lived with us until my Dad died in October of 2017. While dying in the hospital near here in Elizabethtown, Kentucky, I would play John Prine music from my laptop computer through some portable speakers most of the time for him. I especially did this on the day it was obvious he was going to die. He had told me weeks before that "All The Best" was his favorite John Prine song, and I had recently made this video using the NPR audio dubbed over a fan and friend's video she shot at the show. I shared it with him over and over on his last day alive.

Now, my mother is in a dire situation in a mental hospital in Madisonville, Kentucky about 120 miles away from where we live in Hodgenville, Kentucky (Birthplace of Abraham Lincoln). My mother had a mental breakdown back in 2005 that lead up to them moving in with us. She had another mental breakdown last year in April and had to be hospitalized in Louisville for 9 days. She returned home, but when she regained her strength and most of her mental abilities, she got angry at us for imagined wrongs she perceived we had done to her, and due to her Dementia, that was diagnosed in the hospital in Louisville, lead to her moving out to an assisted living facility in Elizabethtown (her decision that we were very against). Before this happened, I had purchased tickets for me, my brother and my Mom (front row) to see John Prine in Central City, Kentucky for a super special "An Evening In Paradise" show that he set up for the loyal fans and his friends still in Muhlenberg County. This was part of the Christmas present in 2018 to my brother and my Mom. The show was in the summer of 2019. Since my Mom was mad at me, my brother, and my wife, she refused to go with us. It was supposed to be a tribute to my Dad, since I had also purchased tickets for me and him to see John Prine at the Palace Theatre in Louisville in 2018, but he had died by the time of the show, so my brother went in his place.

My Mom moved back to Muhlenberg to a cheaper assisted living facility the day before Thanksgiving last year (closer to where her sister lives). We have since made up as a family and are caring and loving towards each other, but things have gotten worse for her. She is separated from us right now and is confused and wants me to come visit. This Corona Virus is complicating things (which all of you know) which is prohibiting me from attending to her needs. They are still allowing visitors but only for 30 minutes per day. The drive would be around 4 hours round trip, and they act like they don't really want visitors right now and may stop it all together soon. Also, I don't want to unknowingly carry germs in with me. Who knows what will happen.

I am still working and will go in from Monday to Wednesday of next week, but after that we will probably be closed (we will be doing continuing education from home and will probably still get paid ... for a while ... we will see). Anyway, John Prine's wife Fiona posted an Instagram video a couple of days ago where she told us she has tested positive for the Corona Virus and is isolating herself in their house. She is very worried for John's fragile health (I would bet he's not staying at their house, but who knows). My brother and I have tickets to see John live at the Palace Theatre in Louisville on his second of a two night run at the end of May. It will probably be postponed or canceled. I've been thinking about him, my brother, my Dad, and my Mother a lot these past couple of days, so I decided I'd re-visit this video I made back in 2017 and boost the sound. I hope this story and this song touch your hearts in this trying time for the World.

Bulldog

Awesome share Mt White, I appreciated it immensely right now

Wishing u All the VERY best sir !!!