New Carl Album

Started by jttouch2, Jul 30, 2018, 12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarkwork

"Starting From Scratch" the title of the first single...Interesting choice of a title
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

parkervb

love those 90 seconds.
Don't you ever turn it off

rkwedge

Quote from: parkervb on Jul 30, 2018, 10:09 AM
love those 90 seconds.
Me too. Can't wait for this album to drop. Carl's so much fun to listen to. :headphones:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

CC

Come Closer

Quote from: Clarkwork on Jul 30, 2018, 09:21 AM
"Starting From Scratch" the title of the first single...Interesting choice of a title

And a song called "Second Fiddle"

CC

"the idea for "starting from scratch" came from a solo trip i took in southern california. on a really cloudy day, i drove up into the mountains above malibu. i was thinking I'd still go ahead and take a hike even if i couldn't see anything. to my surprise, i actually drove up into, and then through the clouds. it felt like i was inside the sky. the clouds were draping and scraping around the mountains. i was all alone up there, the first person on the trails. spider webs still remained from the night before, and lizards darted around. that spot felt so precious and almost sacred that i didn't want to come down. but when i finally did, my brain seemed to have completely rebooted itself."

RobRoy286

parkervb

Quote from: CC Baxter on Jul 30, 2018, 12:22 PM

"the idea for "starting from scratch" came from a solo trip i took in southern california. on a really cloudy day, i drove up into the mountains above malibu. i was thinking I'd still go ahead and take a hike even if i couldn't see anything. to my surprise, i actually drove up into, and then through the clouds. it felt like i was inside the sky. the clouds were draping and scraping around the mountains. i was all alone up there, the first person on the trails. spider webs still remained from the night before, and lizards darted around. that spot felt so precious and almost sacred that i didn't want to come down. but when i finally did, my brain seemed to have completely rebooted itself."

you mean he's not passive-aggressively airing out the ending of the band? ;)

dookie shoot bandit

Can't wait!!!

Really like this first single  :thumbsup:

ChiefOKONO

Thanks for posting the new song.  I thought it was pretty good.. hoping that I like the album more than his last.  I enjoyed his first solo album more.

Lonndown27

Quote from: parkervb on Jul 30, 2018, 02:07 PM
Quote from: CC Baxter on Jul 30, 2018, 12:22 PM

you mean he's not passive-aggressively airing out the ending of the band? ;)

Hahaha
I've heard rumblings of Jim and Patrick at odds . Just rumors from Facebook but I posted something about it on here and it was removed.  It was bizsrre. I doubt the rumors but it makes me on edge with all the solo stuff. 2019?? Maybe 2020 by the time it's all said and done
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

Also...got tickets to Carl's show in SLC 10/29. This is crazy. Both Jim and Carl in my town within the same week? Daaaaaamn
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

parkervb

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 01, 2018, 03:50 PM
Also...got tickets to Carl's show in SLC 10/29. This is crazy. Both Jim and Carl in my town within the same week? Daaaaaamn

seems like they are just thisclose in several cities. I think they play the same weekend in Chicago but I could be wrong

Lonndown27

Quote from: parkervb on Aug 01, 2018, 04:07 PM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 01, 2018, 03:50 PM

seems like they are just thisclose in several cities. I think they play the same weekend in Chicago but I could be wrong

It's gonna be EPIC.  Let's hope they cross paths . Let's hope Jim workshops some of the new Jacket material in these solo shows.

CC

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

dookie shoot bandit

2 for 2

Can't wait to hear this album!!

MMJTX

https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/carl-broemel-wished-out

Has anyone checked out Carl's Pledge Music campaign for the new album, it's hilarious

You can get a signed crappy pontoon boat for a cool $150k
Can buy into a ping pong tournament with him
Can buy a concert in your living room!
And a skype session guitar lesson
Anytime

oistheone

Words cannot describe my jealousy towards whoever snagged that guitar!