Roll Call - Carl @ Headliners - Louisville - 10/4/2018

Started by Mr. White, Jul 31, 2018, 10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

Roll Call for Carl Broemel at Headliners Music Hall in Louisville, Kentucky on 10/4/2018

1. Mr. White
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

LBSUNFLWR

Roll Call for Carl Broemel at Headliners Music Hall in Louisville, Kentucky on 10/4/2018

1. Mr. White
2. LBSUNFLWR +1

slappymoe

1. Mr. White
2. LBSUNFLWR +1
3. slappymoe + 3

Mr. White

OK all you Louisville and surrounding area folks, you better make it out to this special show at Headliners!

Thursday night is upon us!

Carl Will Be Rocking It Out Tonight!

Be there or be a slacker!

No excuses!

Mr. White

Carl Broemel
"Sleepy Lagoon"
Headliners Music Hall
Louisville, Kentucky
Thursday, October 4, 2018

Mr. White

Carl Broemel
"Carried Away"
Headliners Music Hall
Louisville, Kentucky

Mr. White

Carl Broemel
"Wished Out"
Headliners Music Hall
Louisville, Kentucky

LBSUNFLWR

Thank you for the videos!! It was a really awesome show.

APR

Yes Thank you Mr. White!  8.5  minute Wished Out is sick..... that song is amazing, and I'm so glad he stretches it out.  I would be psyched to see an 18 minute version one day.   Lucky you for catching a few of these shows.

rkwedge

Yes Thanks indeed Mr. White, great videos, both Louisville and Nashville. How was the attendance at these shows? Hope better than the previous ones, Carl deserves the Love. Wished Out is an awesome album.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

LBSUNFLWR

Few hundred at Louisville. He made a comment like Louisville never lets him down or something like that. 😀

Mr. White

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Oct 08, 2018, 10:29 PM
Thank you for the videos!! It was a really awesome show.
Quote from: APR on Oct 08, 2018, 11:12 PM
Yes Thank you Mr. White!  8.5  minute Wished Out is sick..... that song is amazing, and I'm so glad he stretches it out.  I would be psyched to see an 18 minute version one day.   Lucky you for catching a few of these shows.
Quote from: rkwedge on Oct 09, 2018, 01:03 PM
Yes Thanks indeed Mr. White, great videos, both Louisville and Nashville. How was the attendance at these shows? Hope better than the previous ones, Carl deserves the Love. Wished Out is an awesome album.

No problem with the videos! I'm taking less per show but am trying to use better technique to make them more enjoyable.

The crowd at the Headliners show was probably a few hundred. It was not packed like I had hoped, and the balcony was closed too. The crowd was energetic and full of hometown family and friends. I was on the front row for the entire time, so I don't know exactly who all showed up and may have left before I left the rail. I hung out for a bit and talked to Carl and to a few other people I knew there. Before the show got going, and again after it was over while hanging out, I did see Patrick Hallahan, Patrick's brother Aaron Hallahan (I know him slightly and spoke with him), Patrick's Mother, Jim's Aunt (I know her a little more and talk with her at lots of local shows - she is a big music fan and supports lots of local acts like I do) and talked with her a bit too (she stood right behind me for most of the show), and Dave Givan (Jim's friend and solo band drummer) - I said hello to him too. After the show, I spoke with Daniel Martin Moore and Mark Charles Heidinger for a second. Craig Pfunder from VHS or Beta was there too. Mark Charles Heidinger and Craig Pfunder were part of the Tom Petty Celebration last November in the house band with Patrick and again this year at Bonnaroo for that Tom Petty Tribute. Craig and Patrick are also part of Jake Shear's touring band right now too. I talked with Brandon Jones for a long time after the show. He's "A Man" from the Okonokos DVD (the guy with the lama who gets killed by the bear at the end) and the electrified guy in the UNSTAGED video. He also directed and produced the Holdin' On To Black Metal video and other promotional videos for Forecastle and MMJ. Brandon did a "Daily Doodle" of me getting the "Finger Touch" from Jim that my brother captured on his phone camera at the 2016 Ryman Auditorium show. Lots and lots of MMJ Family and Friends and local musicians were present to show Carl love and support. I hung out on the rail and earlier in line with Kyle Hollingsworth (kholl44 on the Forum), Dale H. (rincon2 on the Forum), Erica M. (whiskeyknits on the Forum), Alex D. and his wife Ricki (Alex is AlwxanderD10 on the Forum, and Sandy S. (she has a Forum account but doesn't get on here, and I don't remember what it is).

Edit: Also there were, Corey R. (cride3332 on the Forum) and his wife Amber - said hello to them, Stephany L. - said hello to her and her husband Rob C., and Katie L. H. (can't remember if she's on the Forum but probably used to be).

Mr. White

Carl Broemel
Full Show
Headliners Music Hall
Louisville, Kentucky

Setlist:
"Starting From Scratch"
"Dark Matter"
"Snowflake"
"Sleepy Lagoon"
"Landing Gear"
"Rain Check"
"Second Fiddle"
"Carried Away"
"I Only Have Eyes For You" (Cover)
"Out of Reach"
"Wished Out"

Encore 1:
"Pyramid Song" (Radiohead Cover)
"Golden Age" (Beck Cover)
"4th of July" into "Pink Moon" (Nick Drake Cover) into "4th of July"

Encore 2:
"Like A Hurricane" (Neil Young Cover)

My Videos: Darkstarflashes YouTube Channel
"Snowflake" (ending jam only)
"Sleepy Lagoon"
"Carried Away"
"Wished Out"

61hewelett Video: (used with permission)
"Like A Hurricane" (Neil Young Cover)

jamminfun Videos: (used with permission)
Remainder of Videos

slappymoe

awesome, thanks Mr White!

since i had the next day off work, i was free to drink without hesitation.  and i did.  :beer:  these vids help clarify some of my fuzzier recollections. :shocked: