Carl solo this fall

Started by APR, Jul 25, 2018, 09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

APR

In for D.C.  It will be nice to finally see Carl solo!

Murph

Quote from: millerjustin on Jul 31, 2018, 03:12 PM
Quote from: Murph on Jul 30, 2018, 02:08 PM
Levon Studios in late September sounds mighty fine...  might finally make it up there.

will be there!  it's a magical place

Got standing room tickets today.  See you there!

oistheone

In for Chicago! Now, if only I can get my hands on JJ tickets the night prior without dropping $300, that'd be just great.

Also adding in my excitement for those going to Levon's. The MMJ show there still stands as one of the best nights of my life, even almost ten years later. That place is just magical. Go early and soak it all in!!

Murph

Quote from: oistheone on Aug 03, 2018, 11:37 AM
In for Chicago! Now, if only I can get my hands on JJ tickets the night prior without dropping $300, that'd be just great.

Also adding in my excitement for those going to Levon's. The MMJ show there still stands as one of the best nights of my life, even almost ten years later. That place is just magical. Go early and soak it all in!!

One of the biggest regrets in my music going career is that I didn't make it to that show.  Up there with never seeing Prince.

millerjustin

Quote from: Murph on Aug 03, 2018, 10:26 AM
Quote from: millerjustin on Jul 31, 2018, 03:12 PM
Quote from: Murph on Jul 30, 2018, 02:08 PM
Levon Studios in late September sounds mighty fine...  might finally make it up there.

will be there!  it's a magical place

Got standing room tickets today.  See you there!

excellent - we got seats right in front of the band - super tiny place so we will def get to hang!
What's in here won't disappear

robb

Quote from: oistheone on Aug 03, 2018, 11:37 AM

i will keep my ear to the ground for you.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

robb

Quote from: johnnYYac on Aug 02, 2018, 03:20 PM
Looks like Omaha for me! Carl's Chicago show is the day after Jim's Chicago show at The Vic, to which I'm bringing the whole family. I don't think I could get them to do back-to-back solo shows, so I'll risk missing a surprise Jim appearance and go to Omaha the week before. Easy getting a ticket, too. I saw Chicago's presale sold out.

jim's in cleveland the night carl plays chicago so no risk involved at all!

RobRoy286

longshanks

I'm in for NYC on 9/23! Just happen to be in the city for business so that was a nice surprise.

johnnYYac

Quote from: robb on Aug 03, 2018, 03:56 PM
Looks like Omaha for me! Carl's Chicago show is the day after Jim's Chicago show at The Vic, to which I'm bringing the whole family. I don't think I could get them to do back-to-back solo shows, so I'll risk missing a surprise Jim appearance and go to Omaha the week before. Easy getting a ticket, too. I saw Chicago's presale sold out.

I knew Carl was elsewhere the night of Jim's show, but the reciprocal being true makes me feel better, in terms of FOMO. Omaha is just about as close as Chicago, a lot less stressful, and likely to be a lighter crowd. Anyone else heading to Carl in Omaha?
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: johnnYYac on Aug 10, 2018, 02:45 PM

I knew Carl was elsewhere the night of Jim's show, but the reciprocal being true makes me feel better, in terms of FOMO. Omaha is just about as close as Chicago, a lot less stressful, and likely to be a lighter crowd. Anyone else heading to Carl in Omaha?

They're swapping cities on back to back nights.  On the 9th Jim's in Chicago and Carl's in Cleveland and then on the 10th, Jim's in Cleveland and Carl's in Chicago?! 

I'm debating on traveling up to Ann Arbor to see Carl at the Ark!  I love that venue!  My wife and I are talking about doing a Michigan brewery tour in our camper this fall  and this would be great to include a Carl show as a part of it!!!   :beer:

robb

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Aug 13, 2018, 12:33 PM

They're swapping cities on back to back nights.  On the 9th Jim's in Chicago and Carl's in Cleveland and then on the 10th, Jim's in Cleveland and Carl's in Chicago?! 

I'm debating on traveling up to Ann Arbor to see Carl at the Ark!  I love that venue!  My wife and I are talking about doing a Michigan brewery tour in our camper this fall  and this would be great to include a Carl show as a part of it!!!   :beer:

do it!

RobRoy286

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Aug 13, 2018, 12:33 PM

Last year at the Ark, while Carl was going nuts at the end of Snowflake, my buddy couldn't contain himself in this quiet atmosphere and yelled "fuck yeah Carl!!" Carl started cracking up (while still shredding, mind you) and encouraged everyone to turn it up. When my buddy talked to him again at the Cincinnati show,  Carl told him that the Ark was his favorite show of the tour. So glad that he's coming back!

APR

Wished out is a great song.  I'm predicting an extended jam like 4th of July and Carried Away.  I hope there is a good crowd in DC.  Less than two weeks away!

Emb1528

Will be in Cleveland for work during tour. To Carl and Jim in Cleveland or fly back home for a couple of days and Carl and Jim in Chicago??
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

rkwedge

It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Jbpats

Quote from: rkwedge on Sep 19, 2018, 12:51 PM
www.goseelivemusic.co/index.php/2018/09/19/my-morning-jackets-carl-broemel-live-premieres-new-music-from-wished-out/

Carl at Grimey's last night.

Watched this live last night, really digging the new stuff, so far much more than Jim's latest.

jttouch2

Atlanta show tonight was great. Definitely a more rock & roll show than previous Carl tours, Steelism sounded great behind him and he busted out "Enough" from All Birds Say which I definitely was not expecting. Gonna be a fantastic tour!!

Murph

Quote from: jttouch2 on Sep 20, 2018, 02:36 AM
Atlanta show tonight was great. Definitely a more rock & roll show than previous Carl tours, Steelism sounded great behind him and he busted out "Enough" from All Birds Say which I definitely was not expecting. Gonna be a fantastic tour!!

Are they doing Carried Away?  Does he play the entire new album? 

jttouch2

Quote from: Murph on Sep 20, 2018, 08:37 AM
Quote from: jttouch2 on Sep 20, 2018, 02:36 AM

Are they doing Carried Away?  Does he play the entire new album?
They did do Carried Away, and I think 7 of 8 new tunes were played but it's hard to know for sure bc I obviously didn't know any of those previously haha