The Waterfall Unreleased Tracks

Started by CountSA, Aug 27, 2018, 10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountSA

Tucker Martine posted a list of notes/songs from the Waterfall sessions, I thought it was pretty cool to see the names of the unreleased songs.

I think 'Wasted' is Jim's cover of the Brandi Carlile song.

johnnYYac

Nice find. So we know Wasted and Magic Bullet. That leaves three tracks here, plus they released I Can't Wait and Hillside Song on the deluxe CD and LP. Also, the image is missing Believe. All of which means nothing, but still a cool find!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

dookie shoot bandit

Very cool find
The absence of Believe is a lil weird, unless one of those 3 tracks is that song and they changed it up

Lucius

Wasn't Believe a re-imagining of an old song they'd shelved or did I just dream this information?
it wouldn't be a party without you

robb

Quote from: johnnYYac on Aug 27, 2018, 10:57 PM
Nice find. So we know Wasted and Magic Bullet. That leaves three tracks here, plus they released I Can't Wait and Hillside Song on the deluxe CD and LP. Also, the image is missing Believe. All of which means nothing, but still a cool find!

what's wasted? i must be forgetting something.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

jttouch2

Quote from: Lucius on Aug 28, 2018, 06:44 AM
Wasn't Believe a re-imagining of an old song they'd shelved or did I just dream this information?

I remember an interview saying Believe was the last one they tracked, so it might just have not been done/listed at the time.

CountSA

Quote from: robb on Aug 28, 2018, 08:08 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Aug 27, 2018, 10:57 PM

what's wasted? i must be forgetting something.

It was a Jim song on the Brandi Carlile cover album:

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: jttouch2 on Aug 28, 2018, 08:47 AM

I remember an interview saying Believe was the last one they tracked, so it might just have not been done/listed at the time.

This one also samples the amazing Tanzmusik by Kraftwerk which I'm still trying to figure out how to set up as my ringtone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCg7hPeUdvE
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

cshum372

I remember reading that Believe was the last song recorded for Waterfall- and was written as a response to the album not having a lot of " energetic singles" I'm pretty sure I read that in an interview with Jim from 2015.

Brother Beck

I am still patiently waiting with bated breath for these unreleased Waterfall tracks..... 

Nikkogino

Quote from: Brother Beck on Nov 03, 2018, 04:32 PM
I am still patiently waiting with bated breath for these unreleased Waterfall tracks..... 
or anything MMJ related, including another live album.  But I hear we are getting Uniform Muddiness which are the demos from UD.  Then Uniform Remixiness then Uniform Sexiness. 

MMJTX

Quote from: Nikkogino on Nov 03, 2018, 10:29 PM
or anything MMJ related, including another live album.  But I hear we are getting Uniform Muddiness which are the demos from UD.  Then Uniform Remixiness then Uniform Sexiness.

i lol'd at this
Anytime

Lonndown27

Quote from: Nikkogino on Nov 03, 2018, 10:29 PM

AHAHHAHHAAHHA YESSS!!!! This is gold!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018