See Greta Van Fleet’s Druggy Desert Trip in ‘When the Curtain Falls’ Video

Started by ChiefOKONO, Aug 15, 2018, 06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WickedMessenger

They sound great, but I can't get a through a whole song without being convinced I am listening to some recently discovered vault of Led Zeppelin tapes. 

APR

Quote from: WickedMessenger on Sep 09, 2018, 07:34 PM
They sound great, but I can't get a through a whole song without being convinced I am listening to some recently discovered vault of Led Zeppelin tapes. 

Then you'll definitely feel that way when you hear the single they just released.  I think it sounds even more like Zep than most of their old stuff.  It's a great song, and I'm definitely looking forward to the album.  These guys are very talented.

Shug

I like what I hear, too.  They are coming to Phoenix, but unfortunately at one of the worst venues in town and the tix are $35 - $65 and they are playing two nights in hall that fits 2500.  That seems too high a ticket price in too big of a hall for a band just starting out.  Too much hype or their team thinks they are more established than they really are?  I would like to check 'em out live but not under those circumstances.

Has anybody seen them live?
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

APR

Quote from: Shug on Sep 10, 2018, 02:41 PM
I like what I hear, too.  They are coming to Phoenix, but unfortunately at one of the worst venues in town and the tix are $35 - $65 and they are playing two nights in hall that fits 2500.  That seems too high a ticket price in too big of a hall for a band just starting out.  Too much hype or their team thinks they are more established than they really are?  I would like to check 'em out live but not under those circumstances.

Has anybody seen them live?

Twice earlier in the summer.  See them!  If you like classic rock, you will enjoy (though not as much as you like Marcus probably)  These guys are doing their own thing even though the music and vocals sound so much like Zep.  They won't be playing smaller venues anytime soon.  In DC they sold out a 1,000 capacity venue so fast that they added a second show at a 5,000+ venue and sold that out almost immediately. 

They don't have many songs, but they played about 1.5 hours thanks to a cover and extended jams/solos here and there.