Uniform Clarity?

Started by robb, Sep 12, 2018, 08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robb

So Jim has a post up on Facebook that says "Uniform Clarity October 5th 2018" with what seems to be a re imagined cover of Uniform Distortion. Any speculation on what this might be? Seems like maybe it'll be an acoustic re-recording of Uniform Distortion (just my guess, but it makes sense in my head considering the solo acoustic tour starts a month later.)

Either way, it'll be interesting to see what's going on.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

parkervb

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/28058340/jim-james-uniform-clarity-standard-white-vinyl

"The idea for Uniform Clarity came from Uniform Distortion- an album of intentional chaos/dirt: literal and figurative distortion of lyrics and sound- meant to echo and hopefully shed some light on the twisted times and distortion of the truth in which we now live. Uniform Clarity is meant to illuminate the other side – raw and real, but very clear, much like in the early days of recording where all you could hear was the truth because there were no ways to manipulate recordings in the studio. Working with Shawn Everett, we created a document style recording of these songs- just vocals, guitar and the space itself- no special FX. A crystal clear illustration of the flawed beauty of what a song starts off as or sometimes remains- a thought. a seed. a light from the womb of the universe brought to life down here on earth." - Jim James

good for those who weren't into the production of the album. Pretty interesting idea if you ask me. May not buy it, will spend that dough on Carl's album but will check it out fo sho

robb - good point on the timing of the release and the solo tour
Don't you ever turn it off

robb

interesting that there's a couple extra tracks on there too. nice find!
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

CC

Over And Over

You Get To Rome

Cameron

rkwedge

It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

dookie shoot bandit

Awesome!! Great find  :thumbsup:

Can't wait to hear those other 2 tracks

RobRoy286

You Get to Rome is so much better acoustic.

Nikkogino

Cameron

Vinyl and CD up for preorder on his site.

Stevie

The solo acoustic tour makes complete sense now.   I'm assuming we will get a lot of stuff from the new album as opposed to a truly career spanning kind of situation...  I think i just need to take whatever remaining hopes and dreams that I have of seeing an acoustic Jim set completely filled with old forgotten, heart-wrenching Jacket songs and bury them for good. 

Come Closer

I wonder if he decided to do an acoustic tour after he already had this in the works, or if he was practicing stripped-down versions of the songs for the tour and came up with this.

wheelhousetunes

I don't like the buzzing effect on his vocals. I have to assume that was done on purpose.

walterfredo

I'm seeing one shipping method of almost $14 to ship a $22 vinyl. Wha? As much as I would prefer to support jim directly, that's just bullshit. I'll order from my local record store.

ChiefOKONO

That's pretty cool... nice scoop before the official announcement!

cshum372

Quote from: walterfredo on Sep 19, 2018, 12:43 PM
I'm seeing one shipping method of almost $14 to ship a $22 vinyl. Wha? As much as I would prefer to support jim directly, that's just bullshit. I'll order from my local record store.

I think that's always a decision Yim Yames would support anyways. :P

cshum372

Quote from: Osistheones on Sep 19, 2018, 07:41 AM
I wonder if he decided to do an acoustic tour after he already had this in the works, or if he was practicing stripped-down versions of the songs for the tour and came up with this.

I'm betting the idea came about after the tour announcement. I'm also assuming we are going to see PLENTY of old jams ;)

Jackets N Pones

Man I have always wanted to go to a JJ show like this. Will there be new tour dates?
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

sillyboob

Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.