Jim - Live Webcast - San Francisco - 9/12/2018

Started by Mr. White, Sep 10, 2018, 11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

https://www.jambase.com/article/jim-james-announces-san-francisco-live-webcast

My Morning Jacket frontman Jim James will perform a concert in San Francisco this Wednesday, September 12. The performance will be webcast live for free on YouTube.

James' issued his latest solo album Uniform Distortion earlier this year. My Morning Jacket is currently taking 2019 off from touring. James' concert in San Francisco on Wednesday is set to begin at 5 p.m. PT, tune in below:

(I think the JamBase article above meant to say ... taking 2018 off from touring.)

DON'T MISS: Jim James Live from San Francisco on September 12th.
Don't miss this special performance - Set a reminder NOW!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

APR

Thanks for this news!  I will be tuning in.  Lucky people in CA have tons of chances to see JJ.

WickedMessenger

Not many details in the article about the event he is broadcasting.  5 pm on a Wednesday? I will tune in though.

walterfredo

how does one acquire tickets to this thing?

Cameron

RastaRunner5

parkervb

my guess considering the timing of the new release is that it will be solo.
Don't you ever turn it off

MOWJO8185

Is someone planning on capturing this? Thanks in advance!

MOWJO8185

Also, pretty sure Facebook said he's performing "with friends", but that could mean something other than full band as well. I'm just really hoping to get a solid recording of this album live full band.

EDIT: Nvm... definitely said going live with "his friends at Youtube". Misread.

RastaRunner5

Guess they meant 5 PM ET??

Seems to be streaming right now

Cameron

walterfredo

weird, I'm not seeing anything, and it says starts at 5 pm pdt.

jttouch2

There was a part 1 and a part 2, both about 10 minutes long. Maybe they're previews and we'll see the full thing later on at 5 PDT?

Jbpats

Quote from: jttouch2 on Sep 12, 2018, 07:14 PM
There was a part 1 and a part 2, both about 10 minutes long. Maybe they're previews and we'll see the full thing later on at 5 PDT?

So 4 songs total so far 2 of which were over and over repeated?
Kind of weak so far, but did dig here in spirit just fine.

MMJCOBRA

The second over and over was pretty good.  The structure on this is weird

MMJCOBRA

APR

That was pretty cool.  I was hoping it would have been longer.  What a great idea to come out with Uniform Clarity.  What a rare thing for an artists to do!

I agree with what he said about hugely popular artists not speaking out and telling their fans to vote.  Trent Reznor said the same thing in an interview months ago.  People like Trent, Jim, Pearl Jam, Bruce, etc often speak their minds, but what if Taylor Swift or Katy Perry rallied their fans and asked all of them to vote?

rkwedge

Nice little free show. Jim seems real positive and enthusiastic.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

d_wil

Thought the webcast tonight was awesome. The songs are different beautiful beasts when played solo. The tour this fall makes much more sense now and I am PUMPED.

Mr. White

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011