Started by jttouch2, Jul 30, 2018, 12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

deep pull! the Poughkeepsie Journal!!
Don't you ever turn it off

APR

Quote from: parkervb on Sep 12, 2018, 02:13 PM

I am suddenly Poughkeepsie Journal fan.  Thanks for pulling those quotes. 

The troops will be rallied sooner or later.  Everyone should relax as it will happen when it happens.

Hoptimus Prime

Quote from: parkervb on Sep 12, 2018, 02:13 PM

Yeah, I had to C/P that one.  Turns out you get more Carl news feeds when he's going on tour for a solo album!  Already have tickets for Carl and JJ in Cali, but anxiously awaiting another Jacket tour.
5/24/2003, and every damn time possible since!

CC

rkwedge

Quote from: CC Baxter on Sep 18, 2018, 01:26 PM
Carl breaks down new album, Wished Out, Track by Track: Stream

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/09/carl-broemel-wished-out-stream/
Excellent. This album is really awesome, can't wait to spin the vinyl Friday.
Thanks for posting.  :thumbsup:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

dookie shoot bandit

Gave it 2 full listens so far and must say I enjoy it.
Not including the first three songs that were previously released, I am really diggin Second Fiddle

Jbpats

Really enjoying this album.
Did anyone else get a 'they loved eachother' vibe from the tune Second Fiddle?

Highlights for me are easily
Second Fiddle
Out of Reach
Wished Out

Really dig this album more than Uniform distortion if we are going to compare recent Solo releases.

rkwedge

I have a couple download codes for  Carl's new album for the first two people who pm me. 

Update: They are spoken for!

oistheone

Bulldog

Yes that is a good read and I like the reassuring quote

"because you can really help each other through something. Like , 'Oh shit, we're messing up this song,' and we all figure it out. Or spread the work as far as doing interviews and promo stuff. (Solo work) is a cool challenge, but I have the benefit of knowing that this isn't the only thing I do. I'm going to go back and play with the band."

rkwedge

Quote from: Bulldog on Sep 28, 2018, 10:29 PM
Yes that is a good read and I like the reassuring quote

"because you can really help each other through something. Like , 'Oh shit, we're messing up this song,' and we all figure it out. Or spread the work as far as doing interviews and promo stuff. (Solo work) is a cool challenge, but I have the benefit of knowing that this isn't the only thing I do. I'm going to go back and play with the band."
Also "There's been a couple times where we kind of jumped the gun in talking about stuff" as in the second Waterfall album and the Live album. I appreciate the not starting rumors. They'll all join forces again when the time is right and I for one think they'll be refreshed and even more awesome.

antonio

I really like this album, and liked his last as well. I am extremely in the zone for really liking the music Carl makes. Really wish I could make a solo show this tour.

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

jttouch2

Damn, Carl interviews with Nels Cline AND Tim Showalter this week. two killers right there.

sillyboob

Was lucky enough to see Carl live last night in LA.  Saw a couple other OBHers there.  While pulling up to the venue I almost ran Jim over as he was crossing the street (wearing all black, but he had his white tennis shoes on).  It was cool to see Jim there supporting Carl.

Steelism opened and were a lot of fun.  They did a great cover of the Batman theme.  Carl joined them for a couple songs at the end then they bugged off for a couple minutes before coming back for Carl's set.

Carl's set was just pure joy.  The way that man can play guitar is just amazing to witness.  The songs were a lot of fun, very rocking.  We got Carried Away into I Only Have Eyes For You, a solo Carl version of Radiohead's Pyramid Song, and a show ending 4th of July with Nick Drake's Pink Moon in the middle.

My wife got a picture with Carl after the show, I talked briefly with Jim while in line at the restroom (Jim was a perfect gentleman - he realized he was cutting the line (it was a confusing line) and stepped back and allowed the lady waiting in line to go).  Grabbed setlists for both Carl & Steelism as well.

It was just a shame there was hardly anyone there.  It was great seeing him in such a small venue, but the attendance was criminally small.

Seeing Jim next Friday - can't wait!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

APR

Quote from: sillyboob on Oct 24, 2018, 04:17 PM
Was lucky enough to see Carl live last night in LA.  Saw a couple other OBHers there.  While pulling up to the venue I almost ran Jim over as he was crossing the street (wearing all black, but he had his white tennis shoes on).  It was cool to see Jim there supporting Carl.

Steelism opened and were a lot of fun.  They did a great cover of the Batman theme.  Carl joined them for a couple songs at the end then they bugged off for a couple minutes before coming back for Carl's set.

Carl's set was just pure joy.  The way that man can play guitar is just amazing to witness.  The songs were a lot of fun, very rocking.  We got Carried Away into I Only Have Eyes For You, a solo Carl version of Radiohead's Pyramid Song, and a show ending 4th of July with Nick Drake's Pink Moon in the middle.

My wife got a picture with Carl after the show, I talked briefly with Jim while in line at the restroom (Jim was a perfect gentleman - he realized he was cutting the line (it was a confusing line) and stepped back and allowed the lady waiting in line to go).  Grabbed setlists for both Carl & Steelism as well.

It was just a shame there was hardly anyone there.  It was great seeing him in such a small venue, but the attendance was criminally small.

Nice report.  Too bad the crowds are small everywhere.  At least the shows are all great.  Cool about talking to Jim, but please be careful driving anywhere near or around him.... that goes for everyone!

sillyboob

Quote from: APR on Oct 24, 2018, 04:30 PM
Quote from: sillyboob on Oct 24, 2018, 04:17 PM

Nice report.  Too bad the crowds are small everywhere.  At least the shows are all great.  Cool about talking to Jim, but please be careful driving anywhere near or around him.... that goes for everyone!

In my defense, Jim was jay-walking. 

GO4IT

The "Jaywalking Defense" for running over Jim is just not saleable on this forum :grin:
Just sayin'

sillyboob

Quote from: GO4IT on Oct 24, 2018, 05:49 PM
The "Jaywalking Defense" for running over Jim is just not saleable on this forum :grin:
Just sayin'

Good thing I missed him!