Main Menu

Phish

Started by capt. scotty, Dec 24, 2010, 12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBSUNFLWR

The ascend amphitheater in Nashville is a perfect venue. I saw phish there for two nights two years ago but I doubt I'll be able to make it there this year in the middle of the work week.
If anyone is on the fence about Nashville I'd say GO!!

sillyboob

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on May 15, 2018, 07:10 PM
The ascend amphitheater in Nashville is a perfect venue. I saw phish there for two nights two years ago but I doubt I'll be able to make it there this year in the middle of the work week.
If anyone is on the fence about Nashville I'd say GO!!

Gotta agree about the Ascend Amphitheater.  Saw MMJ there in 2017, it's a great venue!!  And Nashville was a heck of a city to visit.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: sillyboob on May 15, 2018, 07:31 PM
Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on May 15, 2018, 07:10 PM
The ascend amphitheater in Nashville is a perfect venue. I saw phish there for two nights two years ago but I doubt I’ll be able to make it there this year in the middle of the work week.
If anyone is on the fence about Nashville I’d say GO!!

Gotta agree about the Ascend Amphitheater.  Saw MMJ there in 2017, it's a great venue!!  And Nashville was a heck of a city to visit.
That was a fun MMJ show!!

It's a perfect medium size venue that gets bands that play at much bigger venues. Plus you can see great even from the back of the lawn.

walterfredo

ericm

Quote from: walterfredo on Aug 16, 2018, 05:41 PM
brutal.

http://phish.com/news/curveball-forced-to-cancel/

Wow, that really sucks big time.

I'm not really a big Phan but my daughter has gone to a couple of these as well as Fest 8 in Indio. She loved every one of the ones she went to as I'm sure all their fans did, and I know any music fan can put themselves in Phans shoes as far as how bummed they must be about this.

I know I'd be incredibly bummed and here's hoping those who were going can just put this setback behind them and get to as many more shows as they can this summer.   :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

walterfredo

major downer. have several friends who traveled out from CA for this, some of which are already set up on site. Mother nature strikes again.

Festival 8 was magic. I have been to four other phish festivals all on east coast/new england areas, and while I get it that that is where they're from and huge chunk of their fan base is located, weather has played a role in many phish festivals (this being first to be completely cancelled), I think they need to consider bringing the festivals back to Indio/Coachella where festival 8 was, have in late fall again, weather was perfect.

LBSUNFLWR

Horrible. My friend left Louisville this morning and was an hour out from the place when he got the news. I'm sure tons of people were well on their way there. Sad for the fans.

parkervb

any forum peeps going to Hampton this weekend?
Don't you ever turn it off

walterfredo

Quote from: parkervb on Oct 15, 2018, 02:42 PM

They killed it in Hampton! Hope you had fun.

parkervb

Quote from: walterfredo on Oct 21, 2018, 11:58 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Oct 15, 2018, 02:42 PM

They killed it in Hampton! Hope you had fun.

TREMENDOUS TIMES WERE HAD!

walterfredo

Their new light rig is insane. Watch this video in this link.

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/timelapse-kuroda-phish-forum-2018/

jttouch2

Just got off their free live stream from Nashville, pretty cool of them to do 2 free streams this year. I still haven't seen them in person but I watched both and loved them

sillyboob

Quote from: walterfredo on Oct 24, 2018, 11:50 PM
Their new light rig is insane. Watch this video in this link.

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/timelapse-kuroda-phish-forum-2018/

That rig is nuts!  I can only imagine the experience of seeing it in person, uh, enhanced.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

iLikeBeer

Damn.  Their light shows have always been phenomenal, but that is freaking nuts!!!

walterfredo

heading to vegas tomorrow  :drum:

parkervb

Quote from: walterfredo on Oct 30, 2018, 12:32 PM

yea man! you hear any rumblings on the album for tomorrow night?

walterfredo

Quote from: parkervb on Oct 30, 2018, 01:11 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Oct 30, 2018, 12:32 PM

yea man! you hear any rumblings on the album for tomorrow night?

haven't heard a thing. Pretty incredible that they manage to keep it a secret so well.

parkervb

gonna need a report on what went down Fredo!!

MMJTX

come on Fredo!! dying to hear about this
Anytime