Summer Tour 2019 (3 shows total)

Started by dontgetupset, Dec 03, 2018, 10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dontgetupset

Quote from: opsopcopolis on Dec 03, 2018, 12:27 PM
Quote from: dontgetupset on Dec 03, 2018, 10:27 AM
Big difference between "these are the only planned live performances of 2019" and (what they did not write (thankfully)): "we are planning on these being the only live performances of 2019."

As someone who cannot attend any of these 3 shows here's hoping that there will be more planned performances in coming days/weeks.

The whole thing is definitely odd: Can anyone think of any parallel? Pear Jam did Seattle Montana and Boston last year but between those 5/6 shows they could fit 300,000 people plus (and Seattle is their turf).

PJ also did a full South American and European tour earlier in the year. Not quite the same

GOOD POINT! Makes it that much weirder and rarer.

parkervb

when can i start the "I guess I won't be seeing MMJ in 2019" whine thread?? ;)
Don't you ever turn it off

Hoptimus Prime

From the FAQ attached to the promotional material for the show:

"Per Red Rocks' new ticket policy, tickets purchased in Rows 1-4 are non-transferable, meaning they must be used by the original purchaser. All members of the original purchaser's ticketed party must arrive together at the venue gates for entry into the venue, and again at the designated section with these tickets. We cannot authorize any alternate pickups for an tickets in these rows. We cannot make any exceptions. More info on Flash Seats are attached below.

https://www.redrocksonline.com/flashseats"
5/24/2003, and every damn time possible since!

walterfredo

fingers crossed for no openers at red rocks. Bring me "an evening with..." please.

jttouch2

Would an "evening with" show be particularly different than one with an opener?? the Fall 2016 "evening with" shows were obviously stellar but really didn't do anything different in terms of setlist length. I'm way down for either, just curious as to why people care about the "evening with" tag so much.

Jbpats

Quote from: jttouch2 on Dec 03, 2018, 02:44 PM
Would an "evening with" show be particularly different than one with an opener?? the Fall 2016 "evening with" shows were obviously stellar but really didn't do anything different in terms of setlist length. I'm way down for either, just curious as to why people care about the "evening with" tag so much.

This ^^^
Confusing to me also, although the one time this didnt work out was Forest Hills. Gary Clark Jr opened and it was a super short MMJ show due to the 10 PM curfew.

Last Red Rocks run Fruit Bats and Barr Brothers opened, neither took away from 2 epic MMJ shows. Barr Brothers were actually pretty good

piton87

Wife and I down for the Forest Hills VIP Suite. Looking forward to meeting the boys. Does that sell out pretty quick.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

slappymoe

guess this kills my dream of a 20th anniversary hometown blowout.

bring on OBH5.

walterfredo

I do feel that openers tend to take away from their time, and generally speaking I'm not interested in seeing anyone open for them.

Also just noticing this for Red Rocks, not sure how I feel about this tiered pricing.

Ticket Price:
$95.00 Reserved Rows 1-7

$65.00 Reserved Rows 29-60

$55.00 Gen Admn

opsopcopolis

Quote from: walterfredo on Dec 03, 2018, 03:20 PM
I do feel that openers tend to take away from their time, and generally speaking I'm not interested in seeing anyone open for them.

Also just noticing this for Red Rocks, not sure how I feel about this tiered pricing.

Ticket Price:
$95.00 Reserved Rows 1-7

$55.00 Gen Admn

Where you seeing that pricing?

Edit: nevermind

midwesterner

For those asking if you don't buy VIP don't plan on sitting anywhere close unless you get there really early. 2016 was a kind of a nightmare. Lots of non Roll Call members getting in super early.

e-stone

Quote from: walterfredo on Dec 03, 2018, 03:20 PM

Ticket Price:
$95.00 Reserved Rows 1-7

$55.00 Gen Admn

Nice.  Could be wrong, but to me that reads as there will be Reserved Seating in 1-7 available without going VIP route.

jimothyjames

I think you're right. I imagine those will go real quick, especially with some being held for VIP. I'll be taking my chances though, don't want to get stuck up in the rafters for this one

walterfredo

curious how many tix will be available during presale vs. general onsale.

jimothyjames

That will be interesting as they are not exactly being very exclusive with the presale.. For all its warts, I'm missing Roll Call right about now

mynameiscurt

I'm in because, well..... MMJ at Red Rocks!

That being said....is there any precedent for this short "run" after so much time off?  Any reason to believe the band will be at all in fighting shape?  I suppose we just take what we can get?

This would make a lot more sense if it were part of a larger festy run. 

CopperTom

Quote from: jimothyjames on Dec 03, 2018, 03:43 PM
That will be interesting as they are not exactly being very exclusive with the presale by posting the code on their instagram page.. For all its warts, I'm missing Roll Call right about now

FFS. :rolleyes:

CopperTom

Maybe a stupid question - which website is selling the tickets?  MMJ.com?  Or is it a redirect to TM or LN?

parkervb

Quote from: CopperTom on Dec 03, 2018, 04:17 PM
Maybe a stupid question - which website is selling the tickets?  MMJ.com?  Or is it a redirect to TM or LN?

appears it may be alternative option called Tickets Today:

ABOUT US:
We're Ticketstoday, industry leaders in direct-to-fan ecommerce with more than 15 years under our belts in creating sales and marketing solutions for brands, artists, labels, festivals and merchandisers.

I checked out their Twitter and their last customer service post is May 2017, which doesn't inspire a lot of confidence tbh
Don't you ever turn it off

jttouch2

Quote from: parkervb on Dec 03, 2018, 04:21 PM
Quote from: CopperTom on Dec 03, 2018, 04:17 PM

appears it may be alternative option called Tickets Today:

ABOUT US:
We're Ticketstoday, industry leaders in direct-to-fan ecommerce with more than 15 years under our belts in creating sales and marketing solutions for brands, artists, labels, festivals and merchandisers.

I checked out their Twitter and their last customer service post is May 2017, which doesn't inspire a lot of confidence tbh
Pretty sure ticketstoday did the ticketing for Carl's whole solo tour as well