New Jim Solo Album

Started by jttouch2, Apr 15, 2018, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cshum372

ChiefOKONO

Great Clips!!! Thank you!!!!

PJAMVedder

Ok, been listening to this thing for a while now. Great album for me as there is a constant shuffle as to which songs I like best. Just a Fool has gotten better with time in the context of the album, for me.

Out of Time
Throwback
No Secrets
Yes to Everything
No Use Waiting
All in Your Head
Better Late than Never
Just a Fool

...are all great for me

You Get to Rome
Over and Over
Too Good to be True

...these get stuck in my head but not quite as penetrating as the list above

MMJguitar

Has anybody been able to figure out any of the guitar parts from "No Secrets"? I love that song but I'm terrible at figuring chords out.

MOWJO8185

I'm not used to Jim coming out with new material and not very shortly thereafter having a live recording to of the new material to listen to and love. The album is great, but I'm dying for a solid tape of this material live.

Cameron

From Rolling Stone:

The songwriter also announced Uniform Distortion/Clarity: Deluxe Edition, an expanded vinyl reissue of his 2018 solo LP, Uniform Distortion, and its acoustic companion record, Uniform Clarity. The set, which is limited to 1,000 individually numbered units, is out March 22nd, 2019 via ATO.

The deluxe edition features Uniform Distortion on a black-and-gold vinyl mix, with Uniform Clarity on a black-and-white vinyl mix. It also includes an autographed fold-out poster; two B-sides, the "Rock and Roll Versions" of "It Will Work Out" and "Flash in the Pan"; and an exclusive seven-inch single featuring four previously unreleased covers: John Lennon's "How?", the Flying Burrito Brothers' "Hot Burrito #1," Link Wray's "Fallin' Rain" and Dan Penn/Chips Moman's "Dark End of the Street."

MMJTX

Damn he is really milking this new album
Anytime

Cameron

I was wondering if he's trying to fulfill the ATO contract ASAP

gardenparty

MMJCOBRA

I love both albums. Only makes sense to pair the two plus you get 6 unreleased songs on swirly vinyl. Count me in!

RobRoy286

The album is really aging well for me. Wish Clarity was a little higher quality. These live acoustic performances are so clean, wish Jim would make a true full acoustic album.

WickedMessenger

Jim's live solo performances sounded so much better than Clarity, he should release a collection of those recordings. I was surprised how good his voice sounded after hearing other recent stuff.

dookie shoot bandit

Coming out with yet another version of this, a deluxe album featuring both albums (3/22)

Includes a 7" with 4 covers
I'm interested in hearing the cover of John Lennon's "How?" (Love that song)

jimsflyingv

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Dec 14, 2018, 08:37 AMThe album is really aging well for me. Wish Clarity was a little higher quality. These live acoustic performances are so clean, wish Jim would make a true full acoustic album.
Agreed, I am really disappointed about the quality of "Clarity", while I love the idea and love Jim solo accoustic songs, this album has only been played twice......It is there to complete my MMJ Vinyl collection

searchinbig

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Jan 29, 2019, 10:59 PMComing out with yet another version of this, a deluxe album featuring both albums (3/22)

Includes a 7" with 4 covers
I'm interested in hearing the cover of John Lennon's "How?" (Love that song)

Just received this email:

Hello,

If you are receiving this message you have pre-ordered the Jim James - Uniform Distortion/Clarity: Deluxe Edition. The original release date was to be on 3/22/19, but due to an unfortunate manufacturing delay, the release date has been set back to 5/17/19.
We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you! Please reach out to us at info@colortestmerch.com if you have any questions.

Thank you for supporting Jim James!

Sincerely,
Colortest Merch

SUCH FUCKING BULLSHIT. First Tennessee Fire, 1 year wait now this .

Fuck it, I'm done ordering these. Suck my money and then don't come through.

Sorry MMJ and Jim but you guys are going down the tubes.

Rant over.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Cameron

Delays in vinyl production is pretty common these days. It's not the artists fault.

searchinbig

Well, this seems to have been worth the wait I suppose!! Nice package, beautiful really. The vinyl looks super cool and the record cover is very trippy in the right light.

I haven't listened to the vinyl yet, but it all looks super professional. Remember the Circuital warpies?

Good job guys, sorry for the earlier rant.

Now to get TTF!!!!! :headphones:
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

RobRoy286

I don't know if this is okay to ask, but I'd love to hear the full band versions of It'll Work Out and Flash in the Pan if anyone could make that happen!

MOWJO8185