2019 Albums - What's good coming out next year?

Started by APR, Dec 15, 2018, 12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APR

Foals
Tool (yes this will be the year)
Local Natives
Greta Van Fleet

Very likely:
Pearl Jam

Likely:
Tame Impala

What else??

jttouch2

New Avett Brothers and Gary Clark Jr. are on their way

davymac

This is a complete guess and maybe wishful thinking but it seems like Alabama Shakes should be due for a new album next year.

Come Closer

Announced releases I'm anticipating:

Jessica Pratt
Steve Gunn
Golden Daze
Chain Wallet
The Maureens
Lucille Furs
Nanami Ozone

Hoping for:

Angel Olsen
Whitney
The Soundcarriers
Twerps
Chris Cohen
Swedish Polarbears

Cameron

Susto and Mandolin Orange coming in February. Hoping for PJ as well at some point.

jttouch2

Quote from: davymac on Dec 15, 2018, 03:53 PM
This is a complete guess and maybe wishful thinking but it seems like Alabama Shakes should be due for a new album next year.
I thought I read somewhere that there's kinda a rift in the band right now, probably could get another side project though. I hope I'm wrong about reading that, Sound and Color was amazing and I need them active again.

e-stone

Quote from: Osistheones on Dec 16, 2018, 06:48 PM
Twerps

Unfortunately Twerps are no more.  But lead singer Martin Frawley has announced a solo album due in February!

parkervb

Sturgill been talking an album for a while now, imagine it's 2019

Some some scuttlebutt about a Raconteurs album, would LOVE that. My favorite non White Stripes Jack White band
Don't you ever turn it off

Cameron

that would be great.  they're my favorite JW band.

parkervb

Quote from: parkervb on Dec 17, 2018, 11:16 AM
Sturgill been talking an album for a while now, imagine it's 2019

Some some scuttlebutt about a Raconteurs album, would LOVE that. My favorite non White Stripes Jack White band

https://www.jambase.com/article/the-raconteurs-new-songs-sunday-driver-now-that-youre-gone

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS HOPING FOR. I missed seeing them in 2006 (had to move) and will not miss them on a tour next year.

dmooney99

few others:

Vampire Weekend
Silversun Pickups

oistheone

The new Deerhunter is already "out there" and it is fucking fantastic. Not even 2019 yet and I already have a contender for album of the year.

parkervb

Ryan Adams recently announced a new album and said on Twitter "Remember when I put out 3 albums out in a year? Let's do that again". looks like Benmont Tench makes another appearance on a DRA record as well as Bob Mould

parkervb

oh yea, Jason Isbell produced Josh Ritter's latest album so that might be worth checking out

APR

Add Sleater Kinney to the list coming this year.

sillyboob

Quote from: APR on Jan 09, 2019, 01:02 PM
Add Sleater Kinney to the list coming this year.

Produced by St. Vincent
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Cameron

Quote from: parkervb on Jan 09, 2019, 12:11 PM
oh yea, Jason Isbell produced Josh Ritter's latest album so that might be worth checking out

rollingstone.com/music/music-country/josh-ritter-jason-isbell-new-album-776665/amp/

parkervb

Quote from: Cameron on Jan 09, 2019, 02:32 PM

rollingstone.com/music/music-country/josh-ritter-jason-isbell-new-album-776665/amp/

thanks for sharing, has me excited for the album, especially hearing about the close connections b/t Isbell, Shires and Ritter.

Hoptimus Prime

Quote from: parkervb on Jan 09, 2019, 02:39 PM
Quote from: Cameron on Jan 09, 2019, 02:32 PM

thanks for sharing, has me excited for the album, especially hearing about the close connections b/t Isbell, Shires and Ritter.

Anyone see a release date?
5/24/2003, and every damn time possible since!

APR

Quote from: oistheone on Dec 22, 2018, 03:53 PM
The new Deerhunter is already "out there" and it is fucking fantastic. Not even 2019 yet and I already have a contender for album of the year.

Your enthusiasm for music and consistency in articulating that excitement so well is really terrific.  Thank you.  And I'll be listening to them soon.