Main Menu

Ryan Adams

Started by sweatboard, Apr 02, 2011, 11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBSUNFLWR

As far as albums I'd say Cold Roses, Jacksonville City Nights and Love Is Hell are my top 3.
And Whiskeytown Strangers Almanac is incredible. The two disc deluxe especially with the acoustic Avenues. His voice is so perfect on that.

Unreleased albums I love 48 Hours. Walls and Like The Twilight are two of his BEST songs... and they're unreleased!!

If you don't have any of this and need let me know.

sillyboob

Awesome.  Thanks LBSUNFLWR!!  If I need anything I'll get in touch.  Not sure if I have 48 Hours.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

jttouch2

Pretty big story about Ryan Adams in the NYT today...

rkwedge

Quote from: jttouch2 on Feb 13, 2019, 07:43 PMPretty big story about Ryan Adams in the NYT today...
Not a good one either.  :angry:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

jttouch2

Quote from: rkwedge on Feb 13, 2019, 07:49 PM
Quote from: jttouch2 on Feb 13, 2019, 07:43 PMPretty big story about Ryan Adams in the NYT today...
Not a good one either.  :angry:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/13/arts/music/ryan-adams-women-sex.html

Very disappointing. Obviously we've known for a while that he's a pretty big asshole but this is up another level entirely. Glad our band is full of good guys.

parkervb

the items with "Ava" are clearly the most damaging. The R Kelly joke makes me believe he knew this girl was underage but the NYT was clear that she was not forward about her age but still...
Don't you ever turn it off

jttouch2

Quote from: parkervb on Feb 14, 2019, 11:52 AMthe items with "Ava" are clearly the most damaging. The R Kelly joke makes me believe he knew this girl was underage but the NYT was clear that she was not forward about her age but still...
The way I understood it, she only lied about her age when he was like "you need to tell me that you're 18" but it wasn't exactly clear. No matter how it's interpreted, its pretty terrible.

Hoptimus Prime

The Old 97s song, Crash on the Barrelhead is about RA.  He's been known to be a complete asshole.  I've spent hundreds of hours listening to his solo and Whiskeytown, but that number will not be climbing anytime soon. He's put himself in a category with The Orwells.
5/24/2003, and every damn time possible since!

ericm

Quotethe items with "Ava" are clearly the most damaging. The R Kelly joke makes me believe he knew this girl was underage but the NYT was clear that she was not forward about her age but still...
I totally agree with you.

The articles I've read said he asked her several times how old she was. To me that says he had an idea she wasn't at least 18. If he thought all along she was of age and asked her once and she confirmed, that would for most people be enough IMO. To ask her a few more times says he either had doubts or knew she was lying. No way was he convinced she was 18 but he continued his texting/sexting anyway. 

Now the FBI is investigating and sounds like he could be in some serious shit.
"Where's Jim going?"

iLikeBeer

Looks like they are putting a hold on the release dates of his 3 albums that were scheduled to be released this year starting with the first one on April 19th:

Album Release Cancelled