Roll Call - Carl @ The Burl - Lexington - 2/19/2019

Started by Mr. White, Dec 20, 2018, 02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

Roll Call for Carl at The Burl in Lexington, Kentucky on Tuesday, February 19, 2019

1. Mr. White
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Mr. White

The show is 24 hours away ...
Is anyone else going, other than me?
... sure hope so.

jttouch2

Quote from: Mr. White on Feb 18, 2019, 07:47 PMThe show is 24 hours away ...
... sure hope so.

How was the show??? Would've loved to make it up there but Lexington is a bit of out range for me to make it back for my 8am's :(

Mr. White

Quote from: jttouch2 on Feb 20, 2019, 10:28 AM
Quote from: Mr. White on Feb 18, 2019, 07:47 PMThe show is 24 hours away ...
... sure hope so.

How was the show??? Would've loved to make it up there but Lexington is a bit of out range for me to make it back for my 8am's :(

It was pretty damn good! Carl and Tyler Ramsey (formerly of Band of Horses) were on stage together pretty much the whole time. In the middle, they each took a one song break to let the other perform by themself. Carl did "Sleepy Lagoon" all alone on the stage, and I just now edited my video of this song and will post as soon as It's done uploading to my YouTube Channel. The way the show was set up, they both accompanied each other on every song. They took turns (sometimes doing two of their own in a row before switching but usually one song and then switching). The show was pretty mellow all in all. No real loud jams but a very solid show. It lasted about 1 hour and 43 minutes from time on stage to time off (one song encore). They didn't even leave the little stage there at The Burl before starting the encore because Carl said it was too cold outside (there isn't a backstage area, just a sliding door onto the walkway/ramp to the venue.

APR

Thanks for the info Mr. White.  I hope there were more people than the turnout with Steelism.  I loved that show....especially the louder jams like Wished Out and 4th of July.  I'm sure with Tyler it was a lot more mellow.   

Mr. White

Carl Broemel with Tyler Ramsey
"Snowflake"
The Burl
Lexington, Kentucky
Tuesday, February 19, 2019

rkwedge

Great videos Mr White , Thanks for posting.
Not Roll Call related but this seems to be the Carl and Tyler thread.
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/r2hPBm4okkg.html
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

sillyboob

Quote from: APR on Feb 20, 2019, 12:43 PMThanks for the info Mr. White.  I hope there were more people than the turnout with Steelism.  I loved that show....especially the louder jams like Wished Out and 4th of July.  I'm sure with Tyler it was a lot more mellow.   

Carl's show with Steelism in LA was great, my only beef being we got 'I Only Have Eyes For You' instead of 'Sleep Walk'.  Steelism was a great warmup act, and were even better backing up Carl.  I liked that Carl let's the other guitarist play the main solo on what's likely his most known song, 'Carried Away' (he did at OBH and with Steelism).

This show was so poorly attended though.  So sad.  Jim was there to support Carl, got to meet both of them briefly and both were very cool, very polite, just as you would expect.

So, no setlist for the Carl & Tyler show?  Anyone track one down yet?
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Mr. White

I got Carl's setlist. Here's a photo I just uploaded.

Mr. White

Carl Broemel with Tyler Ramsey
Wished Out
The Burl
Lexington, Kentucky
Tuesday, February 19, 2019

(My last video from this show)