What Show Did You Just See?

Started by CC, Dec 23, 2010, 08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBSUNFLWR

I saw Wussy last night at The Woodward Theater in Cincinnati. They played their upcoming new album start to finish, then came back and played a set of older songs. Fun show!!

Crispy

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on May 06, 2018, 10:34 AM
I saw Wussy last night at The Woodward Theater in Cincinnati. They played their upcoming new album start to finish, then came back and played a set of older songs. Fun show!!

Awesome! Wish I could have made that trip again, but no dice this time. Sounds like I missed a good one, can't wait for that new record.
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

LBSUNFLWR

It was great. I really liked some of the new songs. Got to talk to Chuck at the merch table before the show too.  :thumbsup:

Hope to see you there next time!

Murph

Dr. Dog is as good as ever.  The talent and energy those guys bring is comparable to very few bands touring right now

iLikeBeer

Saw Dead and Co. last night.  For all of the John Mayer cynics, dude can really play guitar.  He really looks to be digging his role in this band as well!!!

parkervb

saw J Roddy last week and they killed it as usual despite the smallest crowd i've seen them perform for in my 6ish shows. I was there with Capt Scotty for those who remember him.

Don't you ever turn it off

LBSUNFLWR

I saw Jackson Browne last week for the first time. Still got it!

Hawkeye

Seen a lot of great shows this year.  Most recent was Phosphorescent.  It was amazing.  go see them live.
We could.

LBSUNFLWR

We saw New Madrid and Liz Cooper this weekend. I had never heard either beforehand and really liked both!!  :thumbsup:

MMJTX

Jonny Fritz, J Roddy Walston and the Business (OBH Vets), and Murder By Death
last night in Dallas at Gas Monkey Bar n Grill.
-Jonny Fritz one of my fave country singers kicked it off with a hilarious short 30 mins set, out in the cold and rain, little acoustic set. Was such a treat to finally get to see him live wish it could've been longer
-J Roddy blew the non existent roof off the place, that band is absolutely fire rock and roll.
-Murder By Death, only stayed for 5 or 6 songs as it was sunday and i wasn't as familiar with them but really enjoyed what i saw. Will definitely continue to listen to them and check them out next time they come through town.
Anytime

jttouch2

I did Dawes' two night run at the Ryman last weekend and it was incredible. Probably the only band close to the jacket in my eyes.

Mr. White

I saw J Roddy Walston & The Business a couple of nights ago (Sunday - 2/24/2012) at Headliners Music Hall in Louisville (Night 2 only of a 2 Night run). They put on a really good show! I had seen them once before (also at Headliners). I'll probably post a couple of songs as soon as I get them ready. I was up in the balcony on the front row again (real cool spot for unobstructed viewing).

Patrick Hallahan was there with Mark Charles Heidinger who I've seen a few times and met before, so after the show, I said hello to them on my way out. Mark said he's working on a new solo album and is trying to figure out how to release it. I told him to put it on Bandcamp, since that's where I had gotten a couple of his albums when he was in Vandaveer. Also, Patrick was there at Headliners back when I saw J Roddy in March of 2014.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

MMJTX

Saw SUSTO last night in Dallas, great show as always, the new songs sounded goo too. Got a good mix from all 3 albums and even a "Chillin on the Beach"
Anytime

jttouch2

Quote from: MMJTX on Mar 16, 2019, 09:59 AMSaw SUSTO last night in Dallas, great show as always, the new songs sounded goo too. Got a good mix from all 3 albums and even a "Chillin on the Beach"

"Chillin on the Beach" has become a classic in my campus ministry's praise band jams. We sing about ice cream instead of drinking bud light

MMJTX

Quote from: jttouch2 on Mar 17, 2019, 12:11 AM
Quote from: MMJTX on Mar 16, 2019, 09:59 AMSaw SUSTO last night in Dallas, great show as always, the new songs sounded goo too. Got a good mix from all 3 albums and even a "Chillin on the Beach"

"Chillin on the Beach" has become a classic in my campus ministry's praise band jams. We sing about ice cream instead of drinking bud light

Hahah that's great!
Anytime

bschulze1726

The Barr Brothers

Just saw them in Philly and was great. If you are in DC, go check them out tonight.  You won't be disappointed. 

LBSUNFLWR

Good week last week. Tuesday was Jeff Tweedy solo at a sold out venue that was really too small for someone like Jeff Tweedy. I feel very lucky to have been there and he played way more Wilco songs than I was expecting. He was pretty funny too.

Then Saturday was Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit with Son Volt opening!! Pretty incredible night start to finish.

slappymoe

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Apr 25, 2019, 10:55 PMHe was pretty funny too
i don't think I've ever heard anyone start their set by announcing "I just puked."

And I loved Tweedy's zero tolerance for talkers. People really do need to stfu.

Mr. White

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Apr 25, 2019, 10:55 PMGood week last week. Tuesday was Jeff Tweedy solo at a sold out venue that was really too small for someone like Jeff Tweedy. I feel very lucky to have been there and he played way more Wilco songs than I was expecting. He was pretty funny too.

Then Saturday was Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit with Son Volt opening!! Pretty incredible night start to finish.

I went to both of those shows! I was in the balcony on the front row of chairs for the Tweedy show and on the 2nd row on the left facing the stage for the Isbell show. Both were pretty special.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: slappymoe on Apr 27, 2019, 10:58 PM
Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Apr 25, 2019, 10:55 PMHe was pretty funny too
i don't think I've ever heard anyone start their set by announcing "I just puked."

And I loved Tweedy's zero tolerance for talkers. People really do need to stfu.

Yes, he was awesome and really funny. He seemed to have a good time.

I was right in front of soundboard for Tweedy and was magically able to see in between all the tall dudes in front of me.

Glad you were both there as well. It was a special event.