Summer Tour 2019 (3 shows total)

Started by dontgetupset, Dec 03, 2018, 10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevie

The transfer thing will get sorted out.  There's just no way it won't. 

What I'm wondering is how long these guys on stubhub are going to keep their prices at 150+.  I would like to think I can just wait until the day of and pay around 100.  Tickets sold out way too fast for me to believe that it's predominately MMJ fans that bought them. 

Things have really changed since 2012.  That year, face value GA tix plus the early entry and a few hours of waiting in line got me row 4 dead center.  Every single year since then it's gotten worse.  More and more of that lower section is getting roped off for VIP and even with early entry and a long wait it's very difficult to get in the first 10 rows. 

Stubhub has row 5 for 900 dollars a ticket.  lol.  For MMJ.  I love the band more than most people but that's insane. 

I'll still be there no matter what, but christ..

Crispy

Quote from: Stevie on Mar 15, 2019, 05:24 AMThe transfer thing will get sorted out.  There's just no way it won't. 

What I'm wondering is how long these guys on stubhub are going to keep their prices at 150+.  I would like to think I can just wait until the day of and pay around 100.  Tickets sold out way too fast for me to believe that it's predominately MMJ fans that bought them. 

Things have really changed since 2012.  That year, face value GA tix plus the early entry and a few hours of waiting in line got me row 4 dead center.  Every single year since then it's gotten worse.  More and more of that lower section is getting roped off for VIP and even with early entry and a long wait it's very difficult to get in the first 10 rows. 

Stubhub has row 5 for 900 dollars a ticket.  lol.  For MMJ.  I love the band more than most people but that's insane. 

I'll still be there no matter what, but christ..

I think the transfer thing is done figured out -- I transferred one of my extras to a pal the other day. I still have one more extra GA for Saturday night if you want it (PM me).

2012 was truly the last easy time to be an MMJ fan... :wink: :rolleyes:   These days, the first few rows at Red Rocks is such madness that I'll be happy taking it easy tailgating in the lot and hoping for a nice spot in the 24th row. 
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

MMJCOBRA

These ticket prices are insane. After getting shut out during all three onsales, I just said fuck it, and got gouged from AXS "premium" for 450/ticket each night 3rd row center. It was really an act of buyer aggression, and credit card malfeasance, because I was so pissed off after getting shut out. Lol.

Now it seems like a rational decision  with prices continuing to escalate.

Will be my 37th show but 1st trip out to RR.

MMJCOBRA

Just checked and a pair on row 7 runs for $2,400!!!!

Whoooooaaaaaaa

walterfredo

tickets will be available for face if you just keep a persistent eye out. Our group still needs a couple too. Do not pay scalper prices.

Cameron

I still need some too. Hope they fall.

iLikeBeer

walterfredo

APR

wavesofsomething

are you all really that confident that prices will fall and there will be enough for all the fans?

i'm an avid showgoer and have luckily been to red rocks several times (used to live in colorado) but amidst all of these rumors i'm worried that ticket prices will remain high all the way through (as i have seen for other shows i watched on stubhub, albeit smaller venues).

i'm considering buying tix and flights for me and my best friend for their birthday. mmj is basically the only band on our bucketlist we haven't seen, and red rocks is special to us...i'm concerned that ticket prices will continually increase until the show and it also seems like so many fans are waiting for prices to fall or planning to score on lot, so it feels like we're really gonna be pushing our luck. and i hate the idea of buying from scalpers. sorry for the essay, but this is something that has been turning over in my mind for the last couple of months haha.

should i buy flights anyways and hope for the best? either lower scalper prices or tix on lot?

RobRoy286

Quote from: wavesofsomething on Mar 21, 2019, 07:13 PMare you all really that confident that prices will fall and there will be enough for all the fans?

i'm an avid showgoer and have luckily been to red rocks several times (used to live in colorado) but amidst all of these rumors i'm worried that ticket prices will remain high all the way through (as i have seen for other shows i watched on stubhub, albeit smaller venues).

i'm considering buying tix and flights for me and my best friend for their birthday. mmj is basically the only band on our bucketlist we haven't seen, and red rocks is special to us...i'm concerned that ticket prices will continually increase until the show and it also seems like so many fans are waiting for prices to fall or planning to score on lot, so it feels like we're really gonna be pushing our luck. and i hate the idea of buying from scalpers. sorry for the essay, but this is something that has been turning over in my mind for the last couple of months haha.

should i buy flights anyways and hope for the best? either lower scalper prices or tix on lot?

I usually suggest buying plane tickets first. Those are almost guaranteed to go up as the date approaches, while the show tickets will generally stay the same or even go down. Knock off the travel expenses and then keep an eye out for tickets. I usually check a couple times a week.

APR

Quoteare you all really that confident that prices will fall and there will be enough for all the fans?

I usually suggest buying plane tickets first. Those are almost guaranteed to go up as the date approaches, while the show tickets will generally stay the same or even go down. Knock off the travel expenses and then keep an eye out for tickets. I usually check a couple times a week.
Sage advice.  Flights and lodging will be way more costly than tickets. 

Between my buddy and I, we'll most likely have 2 or 4 reserved seats in row 40something for Friday.  Once confirmed, I'll check here to see if anyone needs or wants.  We'll know in a few weeks, and I'm sure others will have for face and wouldn't be at all surprised if AXS did another ticket drop in July.  I'm pretty sure that happened in 2016.  Can anyone confirm?

wavesofsomething

Thanks for your advice y'all...finally made up my mind and bought plane tix. Figured it'd be worth it haha! Will keep an eye out for show tix and try my best but have accepted that I may have to buy from scalpers. Cheers

luke.c99

Hi all! I'm planning on taking the trip out from Cleveland, OH to Red Rocks for the show with a friend, but I was late to the party in terms of getting tickets. Checking Red Rocks' website for tickets shows that a GA seat is $150+ per ticket, and these are resale through their website. Is it the best bet to go through RR's website to snag two tickets? Or should I hold off like wavesofsomething did above? I'm assuming RR's website would be the best place to find tickets at a somewhat-reasonable price. Thoughts?
You're not being the person Jim James knows you can be.

Lonndown27

i'm at peace with the idea of not being able to make it now...i know it'll disturb me the more I think about it, thus I've been avoiding the forum. But fuck, I'm going to do a lot of extra shifts (as I recently have) to make this happen. Just going to take a while.

But what i'm most wondering about, really, is why the hell there hasn't been a Jacket live album like they'd planned, mixed and even had ready for the final parts from Jim and it was done...basically the cover and it was done...where is that??? This Tennessee Fire reissue feels slightly incomplete too as we ALL know there HAS TO BE a mountain of footage of Jim playing and extra stuff. What they've included looks off the wall and potentially UNHEARD, but there's always a ton more. these guys have been documenting a lot, so have others around them.

the Jacket archives will set the almost defunct Billboards ablaze in the 2030s
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

RobRoy286

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Apr 06, 2019, 06:13 PMi'm at peace with the idea of not being able to make it now...i know it'll disturb me the more I think about it, thus I've been avoiding the forum. But fuck, I'm going to do a lot of extra shifts (as I recently have) to make this happen. Just going to take a while.

But what i'm most wondering about, really, is why the hell there hasn't been a Jacket live album like they'd planned, mixed and even had ready for the final parts from Jim and it was done...basically the cover and it was done...where is that??? This Tennessee Fire reissue feels slightly incomplete too as we ALL know there HAS TO BE a mountain of footage of Jim playing and extra stuff. What they've included looks off the wall and potentially UNHEARD, but there's always a ton more. these guys have been documenting a lot, so have others around them.

1) You'll be there, dude. We put a man on the moon, we can get you to Red Rocks.

2) Who the fuck knows man. CAN WE PLEASE JUST GET SOME KIND OF WORD ON THE BAND'S PLANS??! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! Seriously - I try to stay positive but the lack of ANY announcement after we've been hearing of "completed" albums for THREE YEARS NOW. Can't help but think that things are not looking good between the boys. It's really just baffling. I know there are people on this forum connected with the band but no one is saying anything. What gives?!

Lonndown27

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Apr 07, 2019, 10:08 AM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Apr 06, 2019, 06:13 PMi'm at peace with the idea of not being able to make it now...i know it'll disturb me the more I think about it, thus I've been avoiding the forum. But fuck, I'm going to do a lot of extra shifts (as I recently have) to make this happen. Just going to take a while.

1) You'll be there, dude. We put a man on the moon, we can get you to Red Rocks.

2) Who the fuck knows man. CAN WE PLEASE JUST GET SOME KIND OF WORD ON THE BAND'S PLANS??! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! Seriously - I try to stay positive but the lack of ANY announcement after we've been hearing of "completed" albums for THREE YEARS NOW. Can't help but think that things are not looking good between the boys. It's really just baffling. I know there are people on this forum connected with the band but no one is saying anything. What gives?!

ahahah hopefully I'll make it. It's my top priority, it's just money had to go a few different ways the last month or so.

It's very bizarre...a completed studio album, possibly two, a completed live album, maybe two completed live albums considering the Beacon shows aren't the only shows Ryan mixed, he also mixed the Iroquis 2016 and RR2016 shows so.....even if they don't wanna release it officially with a case and a cover and a booklet and a DVD and all of the stuff US FANS WILL DROP A LOT OF MONEY TO MAKE IT WORTHWHILE....then fine, but release the live music on nugs....something....the fact the NYE run hasn't been heard in soundboard form except the 12/31-1/1 show is a kind of criminal act. Those first two nights set lists were unbearably good.

The Jacket will have so much in store for us I feel...it's just they've lost a lot of time for these shows to stay relevant...we all know how quickly this band moves, although let's be honest about one thing: they've kind of kept the same stage show, lights, etc since the beginning of the Waterfall cycle, with a few bells and whistles added for the NYE run...and I don't mind...it's one of the greatest things ever...the way their 2015 RR show was filmed is something we'll always treasure....

I just wanna get baked with Jim James, damnit
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

clayton

Hey yall,

Has anyone received their hard tickets for Red Rocks yet? I have yet to and am wondering when I should start worrying and reach out.

trav

Quote from: clayton on May 09, 2019, 11:46 AMHey yall,

Has anyone received their hard tickets for Red Rocks yet? I have yet to and am wondering when I should start worrying and reach out.

I bought my tickets off of stubhub, maybe in January, and I have received them. I think they were sent in March or maybe a little after.

Stevie

It just hit me today... this forum used to be in my everyday rotation..  i dont know if some of you do this but i have a series of websites that just kind of roll off my fingers every time i jump on my laptop.  a couple forums, some sports sites, weather, facebook, whatever.  i used to come here every day.  it's been a long long time since that has been the case and i dont remember when that happened.  this feels dead. 

that's all i got, no positive spin.. just despair.