Strand of Oaks/MMJ album

Started by Nikkogino, Jan 26, 2019, 07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOWJO8185

The guys weren't featured on Ray's album, were they? Just the backing band for tour? I think it was the exact opposite of the Strand of Oaks setup.

Your point about availability stands, of course.

parkervb

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Mar 27, 2019, 10:49 AMThe guys weren't featured on Ray's album, were they? Just the backing band for tour? I think it was the exact opposite of the Strand of Oaks setup.

you're correct. I was mistaken regarding Ouroboros.
Don't you ever turn it off

jttouch2

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Mar 27, 2019, 10:49 AMThe guys weren't featured on Ray's album, were they? Just the backing band for tour? I think it was the exact opposite of the Strand of Oaks setup.

Jim was the producer for Ouroboros I believe, so the whole band was involved with the project in some capacity.

Willard1979

I still say It Still Moves is MMJs Masterpiece.

robb

Quote from: jttouch2 on Mar 27, 2019, 01:35 PM

Jim was the producer for Ouroboros I believe, so the whole band was involved with the project in some capacity.

On the record, though, it's mostly Jim's solo band--Givan, Kaufman, Ratterman, etc.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.