Main Menu

Strand Of Oaks

Started by BH, Apr 06, 2011, 01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sillyboob

Just a heads up for those looking to buy it as a download - Amazon has it for $9.49 with the bonus track Cruel Fisherman (17 minutes long!), Bandcamp has it for $10 and it doesn't have the bonus track.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

jttouch2

His tour buddy (and recent Carl tour buddy) Tyler Ramsey just put out a stellar new record, For the Morning. Really wish he was hitting Nashville on this tour, the Atlanta show is 21+ and unavailable to me and BHam is too far for a Sunday night to be back for class so I've gotta skip out on this tour for now :(

ChiefOKONO

I thought the album was pretty good, but it got me thinking of new MMJ and how nice it would be if it were jammier like some of these songs were.

Hoptimus Prime

Whats up with Tim's tweet?

"Trust me when the time comes I will let you know when a certain group of four other musicians will be joining me"

Sounds like it's when, not if.
5/24/2003, and every damn time possible since!

rkwedge

Quote from: Hoptimus Prime on Apr 09, 2019, 02:06 PMWhats up with Tim's tweet?

"Trust me when the time comes I will let you know when a certain group of four other musicians will be joining me"

Very interesting. Would be the show(s) to catch for sure!
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

robb

i remember seeing tim say they had big plans behind touring for this album. i wouldn't be shocked if there was a fall leg added with the jacket guys.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

Zutroy

If anyone goes to tonight's show in PA, I'd love a report. I'm going to the show in DC tomorrow.

Mr. White

Quote from: robb on Apr 10, 2019, 08:09 AM

i remember seeing tim say they had big plans behind touring for this album. i wouldn't be shocked if there was a fall leg added with the jacket guys.

He's already scheduled a show for Louisville at Zanzabar on 9/11/2019. A friend of mine (Forum member toretm) got us tickets already. Might be a good one to go to...
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

sillyboob

Last night's setlist, per setlist.fm:

1 Weird Ways
2 Radio Kids
3 Sterling
4 Final Fires
5 Hyperspace Blues
6 JM
7 Keys
8 Ruby
9 Moon Landing
10 Goshen '97

11 Forever Chords

MMJTX

Quote from: sillyboob on Apr 11, 2019, 10:20 AMLast night's setlist, per setlist.fm:

1 Weird Ways
2 Radio Kids
3 Sterling
4 Final Fires
5 Hyperspace Blues
6 JM
7 Keys
8 Ruby
9 Moon Landing
10 Goshen '97

11 Forever Chords

how was it?
Anytime

Murph

Quote from: sillyboob on Apr 11, 2019, 10:20 AMLast night's setlist, per setlist.fm:

1 Weird Ways
2 Radio Kids
3 Sterling
4 Final Fires
5 Hyperspace Blues
6 JM
7 Keys
8 Ruby
9 Moon Landing
10 Goshen '97

11 Forever Chords

That's it??? Seems a little light for a headlining tour

MMJCOBRA

Who's in the touring band?

APR

I saw Strand of Oaks last night in DC.  As Murph said, it is "a little light."  They had to cut Goshen because the venue had to get everyone out for a DJ set afterwards.  I thought Moonlanding and Hyperspace Blues were the highlights.  Tim seemed happy and talked to the crowd a bit.  It was more crowded than I expected, which was great.  It was easy to walk around the venue, and the sound noticably improved or worsened depending on where you stood, which was strange. I'm definitely glad I went.  I've seen Strand a handful of times, and this was probably my favorite thanks to the new tunes.

parkervb

based on the shorter set, I don't think I can justify a 3+ hour drive to see him tonight in Durham.
Don't you ever turn it off

APR

Quote from: parkervb on Apr 12, 2019, 01:35 PMbased on the shorter set, I don't think I can justify a 3+ hour drive to see him tonight in Durham.

I'd have to agree.  The ratio of driving to music doesn't work.  And he has some dates listed for the fall so you could possibly catch Strand later in the year.

Zutroy

LOVED the DC show! Only wish it had been longer! Here is the one video I took of the last song.
Definitely encourage you to attend if they are near you...

sillyboob

Setlists are getting longer:

Strand of Oaks Setlist
at The Earl, Atlanta, GA, USA 

1. Weird Ways
2. Radio Kids
3. Passing Out
4. Visions
5. Keys
6. Hyperspace Blues
7. Moon Landing
8. Ruby
9. JM
10. Final Fires
11. On the Hill
12. Eraserland
13. Forever Chords

Encore:
14. Rest of It
15. Goshen '97

MMJTX

Anyone go to the Austin show? i'm going to the Dallas show tonight
Anytime

MMJTX

killer show last night in Dallas!
Anytime

tdb810

Anyone here going to MHOW show tonight?
.....Back at the Model Home