20th Anniversary of Tennessee Fire

Started by rkwedge, Aug 27, 2018, 06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Come Closer

Ya I know the song came first. Also seems like the kind of music that might have influenced Jim. Weird.

Brother Beck

I'm not sure if this means anything or not, but I just noticed that it is up on iTunes for preorder now, with all the info and track lengths and stuff.   

Lucius

Do we know if it's been remastered? If it was done to the same standard as It Still Moves that wouldn't be an issue! Listening to those new mixes was like hearing the record for the first time again and I'd love that for TTF!

I really like the "new" artwork!
it wouldn't be a party without you

Brother Beck

Quote from: Lucius on May 02, 2019, 10:45 AMDo we know if it's been remastered? If it was done to the same standard as It Still Moves that wouldn't be an issue! Listening to those new mixes was like hearing the record for the first time again and I'd love that for TTF!

I do not know the answer to this, but I do not think it has been remastered - at least not to the same degree that ISM was - only because there was so much written about that process around the time of the ISM re-release and there isn't anything about this.  I would assume it would be getting the same kind of hype and write-ups.   

parkervb

Quote from: Brother Beck on May 04, 2019, 08:25 PM
Quote from: Lucius on May 02, 2019, 10:45 AMDo we know if it's been remastered? If it was done to the same standard as It Still Moves that wouldn't be an issue! Listening to those new mixes was like hearing the record for the first time again and I'd love that for TTF!

I do not know the answer to this, but I do not think it has been remastered - at least not to the same degree that ISM was - only because there was so much written about that process around the time of the ISM re-release and there isn't anything about this.  I would assume it would be getting the same kind of hype and write-ups.   

yea, that would require some effort by the bandleader who doesn't seem interested in the band.
Don't you ever turn it off

rkwedge

Quote from: parkervb on May 06, 2019, 02:12 PM

yea, that would require some effort by the bbandleader who doesn't seem interested in the band.
Ouch! The truth hurts  :cry:  I'm definitely of the same opinion right now.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

APR

Quote from: parkervb on May 06, 2019, 02:12 PM

yea, that would require some effort by the bandleader who doesn't seem interested in the band.

I think adding "at the moment" to that last sentence is appropriate.  I'm confident things will change, and MMJ will be back.  I don't know when, and it may be longer than many of us want. 

parkervb

yea, you're right "at the moment" is probably the better way to put it. They've consistently taken 2-4 yrs between albums so it's not totally w/out precedent but I expect we'll be past 5 years this time whenever another album does come out. Add in just 3 (likely contractually obligated) shows in 2 years and my pessimism is not far from the surface.

APR

Quote from: parkervb on May 07, 2019, 01:53 PMyea, you're right "at the moment" is probably the better way to put it. They've consistently taken 2-4 yrs between albums so it's not totally w/out precedent but I expect we'll be past 5 years this time whenever another album does come out. Add in just 3 (likely contractually obligated) shows in 2 years and my pessimism is not far from the surface.

Five or six years means 2020 or even 2021.  I can deal with that. Especially since we've had a good amount of new and solid JJ and Carl music and tours.   Pearl Jam, my other favorite, is going to be in the 7 or 8 year gap between albums.   It has been 13 years between Tool albums, but that day is coming!  That day is near!

parkervb

Quote from: APR on May 07, 2019, 02:00 PM
Quote from: parkervb on May 07, 2019, 01:53 PMyea, you're right "at the moment" is probably the better way to put it. They've consistently taken 2-4 yrs between albums so it's not totally w/out precedent but I expect we'll be past 5 years this time whenever another album does come out. Add in just 3 (likely contractually obligated) shows in 2 years and my pessimism is not far from the surface.

Five or six years means 2020 or even 2021.  I can deal with that. Especially since we've had a good amount of new and solid JJ and Carl music and tours.   Pearl Jam, my other favorite, is going to be in the 7 or 8 year gap between albums.   It has been 13 years between Tool albums, but that day is coming!  That day is near!

ok, ok, ok....i get it ;)

Cameron

Quote from: APR on May 07, 2019, 02:00 PM

same boat.  mmj, pj, ween are all in my top 5 bands and i can't get new tunes from any of them!

Lucius

I'm a hopeless optimist but...

2011 - Circuital
2012 -
2013 -
2014 -
2015 - The Waterfall
2016 -
2017 -
2018 -
2019 - WE ARE HERE
2020 / 2021 - This is where I will start to get impatient. Most bands seem to take longer to recharge in-between albums as they go on, I'm not worried yet. I do think we could potentially only be in the middle area of a longer than usual break right now but I have faith in MMJ!
it wouldn't be a party without you

parkervb

I would augment that to show they were at least working on The Waterfall in 2013/2014.

I would may be a bit more optimistic if ANYTHING was happening with the band aside from these obligated shows. No live release on the horizon ("in the can", my ass), no promo for TTF Anniversary, the guys booking more shows, trending towards no OBH, etc

(about to update my avi to Eeyore with all this complaining & pessimism)

sillyboob

I'd update the timeline just a bit, but I still get the point (haha) that there's not much going on on the My Morning Jacket front.  And completely agreeing with parkervb - can they let us know about anything coming up - the live album, the next OBH (I just jumped on Closer To The Sun to get my Caribbean rock show fix), the Waterfall follow-up, the TTF re-release, come on guys!!

2011 - Circuital
2012 - New Multitudes (JJ)
2013 - Regions Of Light & Sound Of God (JJ)
2014 - Lost On The River (New Basement Tapes JJ); Spanish Gold (Patrick)
2015 - The Waterfall (MMJ), Production of Ray LaMontagne & Basia Bulat (JJ)
2016 - Eternally Even (JJ); 4th Of July (Carl)
2017 - Tribute To 2 (JJ); Roger Waters tour (Bo)
2018 - Uniform Distortion; Uniform Clarity (JJ); Wished Out (Carl); Roger Waters tour (Bo)
2019 - WE ARE HERE; Brokenhearted Jubilee (Carl)
2020 / 2021 - This is where I will start to get impatient. Most bands seem to take longer to recharge in-between albums as they go on, I'm not worried yet. I do think we could potentially only be in the middle area of a longer than usual break right now but I have faith in MMJ!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Brother Beck

I'd be happy with a release of the Waterfall 2.0 songs... 

millerjustin

I've been hoping they'd at least take the easy path and have TTF out by now, but I guess we have to wait until 8/2.  Likewise, it would be easy to just throw us a bone and release the beacon shows to keep the masses happy (even just a lazy layup of a nugs.net release without much fanfare or media push). 

I know there's talk of "contract commitments" with AEG/AXS driving the RR/Forest Hills triad of shows, but I'm not sure they'd push around band member schedules, mobilize the back office and crew, and commit to practicing for a couple weeks without a bigger purpose behind it.  If they were really just shitting out 3 shows to avoid getting sued, they also wouldn't be wrapping in CID BBQs, meet and greets and dropping a reissued album the same week. It seems that these 3 shows will be a reunion of sorts (for both us and them) and lead into a renewed MMJ push.

All this being said, my assumptions remain that OBH5 won't happen until 2021, but there's a good chance that the band will mobilize for a tour and the fest circuit in 2020 that would perhaps support an early 2020 release of Waterfall 2.0 - if we're lucky, some multi-night runs and a NYE run prior to OBH5.  Again, these are all my personal assumptions based mostly on logic - no inside dope at all (other than 100% certainty on OBH5 not happening in 2020).
What's in here won't disappear

millerjustin

What's in here won't disappear

dookie shoot bandit

Cameron

It's $20 cheaper on Amazon. What am I missing?