It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Cameron

Well, that makes my day.

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

ChiefOKONO

Great news!!! Thanks for sharing!

slappymoe

while i never bought into the doomsday end-of-the-band theories, i have to admit it's good news, especially to hear it from the man himself.  i hope they've all made good use of their time away from MMJ.  and i hope they come back refreshed, refocused, and on top of their game.

RobRoy286

APR

Very exciting news!  I have a good feeling about next year at this time as far as having shows and new music on the calendar.

superfrodies

AMAZING NEWS!!!

Getting hyped for new MMJ stuff...there's a feeling i haven't felt in a long time. Let's gooooo!

sillyboob

Quote from: superfrodies on May 17, 2019, 09:26 AMAMAZING NEWS!!!

Getting hyped for new MMJ stuff...there's a feeling i haven't felt in a long time. Let's gooooo!

A feeling in your bones you've never felt before?
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

WinstonLegthigh

Wow, this is tremendous news. So nice to do away with that feeling of uncertainty!

Zutroy

How awesome would it be for them to release the new record in August and record in the fall with another release in early 2020.

Then they open up OBH 5 with both new records on day1.

RobRoy286

Quote from: Zutroy on May 17, 2019, 07:18 PMHow awesome would it be for them to release the new record in August and record in the fall with another release in early 2020.

Then they open up OBH 5 with both new records on day1.
I thought the same thing a while ago! Would be fitting to continue the discography. Prolly would be best to start with a regular set though.

Murph

When would they possibly have had time to get together and finish an entire album?? 

RobRoy286

Quote from: Murph on May 20, 2019, 10:28 AMWhen would they possibly have had time to get together and finish an entire album?? 
The Waterfall 2 has been "done" for a while, so the story goes.

But yeah no way a completely new album is done before next summer. I'd love to be wrong though! Can't wait for some new Jacket.

Jackets N Pones

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

Lonndown27

that live record has been "in the can" for 3 years now Jesus Jim please! This is true I'm feeling excited about MMJ hardcore now for the first time in a while
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

SplatSplatSplat

I wonder whether waterfall 2 will get a full release or re-evaluated and combined with some of the new stuff.  I could go for either. More music one way, maybe a stronger album the other way.
You need it.  That's for sure.

kotchishm

Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

RobRoy286

Has anyone heard anything else regarding studio time/future plans besides this interview?

Lonndown27

nothing. I would be shocked if they went back to the studio before Red Rocks, i'm assuming they'll be stuck playing Red Rocks & those August shows and rehearsing for those. But after? Yes it's been 4 years since the last MMJ record, but it's also been 13 since OKONOKOS. Did anyone ever think it would take 13+ years for THIS band to release their next live album? I didn't.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018