20th Anniversary of Tennessee Fire

Started by rkwedge, Aug 27, 2018, 06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkwedge

Quote from: Cameron on Jun 11, 2019, 12:03 PMIt's $20 cheaper on Amazon. What am I missing?
I'm seeing for the album: $36.00 at Darla, $30.89 at Amazon
$18.00 for the CD at Darla, $15.64 at Amazon
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Cameron

I was comparing to $50 through MMJ shop.

rkwedge

Quote from: Cameron on Jun 11, 2019, 01:32 PMI was comparing to $50 through MMJ shop.
OK I see what your saying, the only thing I see different is the 10" x 10" Special Lithograph. I do not see that on Amazon or Darla.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

CC

sneak peek at the artwork

vinyl

cd

MMJTX

Anytime

Come Closer

Anybody listen to John Dyes Her Hair Red yet? Looks like it's available on Spotify for the time zones ahead of the US.

MMJTX

Quote from: Osistheones on Jul 25, 2019, 05:11 PMAnybody listen to John Dyes Her Hair Red yet? Looks like it's available on Spotify for the time zones ahead of the US.

listening now... it's interesting
Anytime

StillWishing

Quote from: MMJTX on Jul 26, 2019, 08:40 AM
Quote from: Osistheones on Jul 25, 2019, 05:11 PMAnybody listen to John Dyes Her Hair Red yet? Looks like it's available on Spotify for the time zones ahead of the US.

listening now... it's interesting

I also just listened to it. Have to go back and give it a thorough listen, but it has the elements of MMJ that I love. Specifically, Jim was trying out his "soul voice" for a couple of lines towards the end.

parkervb

from the MMJ twitter feed accompanying the video:

friends, i'm pleased to share "john dyes her hair red" with all of you ahead of tennessee fire's 20th anniversary. this is one of the first song poems i ever wrote- i always liked the idea of a song being this little picture or puzzle, and not necessarily having to "mean" something or be about some big story or have tons of linear lyrics, but more just painting a weird little scene. i have always tried to make my music gender neutral when it comes to love or romance for the most part, so that a person of any gender could experience a song and not feel excluded if i was using "he's" or "she's" or whatever and this is an early experiment with that, of a person named john, which is traditionally a "male" name, who is dying her hair red and sitting in the shower til it all turns back brown- and maybe one would think- "well why did she ever even dye her hair red in the first place?" available in all the digital places! listen
Don't you ever turn it off

searchinbig

I wonder if any of these songs will be played live for the anniversary show. Hmmmm.....
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Come Closer

Disc 2 goes pretty hard. Inject that early Jim stank into my veins.

jttouch2

Just starting my stream of the disc 2 stuff, Flew in on a Dead Horse sounds like it came straight off a floating action record. love it.

Cameron

The two meter ITIGTH might be my new favorite version.

dookie shoot bandit

Getting a Flaming Lips vibe from the unreleased stuff (in a good way).

And agreed... I'm in love with this version of ITIGTH 👍

Mr. White

How many people here got their pre-ordered vinyl in the mail? I haven't yet and am a bit upset. How hard is it to time out the mail. They've had months, and months, and months, and months, and months ...

Might have to purchase the FLAC version from Bandcamp tonight.

https://mmorningjacket.bandcamp.com/album/the-tennessee-fire-20th-anniversary-edition
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Mr. White

Quote from: Mr. White on Aug 02, 2019, 07:45 PMHow many people here got their pre-ordered vinyl in the mail? I haven't yet and am a bit upset. How hard is it to time out the mail. They've had months, and months, and months, and months, and months ...

Might have to purchase the FLAC version from Bandcamp tonight.

https://mmorningjacket.bandcamp.com/album/the-tennessee-fire-20th-anniversary-edition

Came in the mail today. I went ahead and bought it in FLAC format through Bandcamp last night. Always good to purchase quality music in multiple formats. Bandcamp offers unlimited streaming of all your stuff, and you can download your purchases as many times as you wish.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

jttouch2

The handout included has an interesting tidbit of information-the originally proposed tracklisting of TTF included Just One Thing, which obviously didn't make an appearance til ISM. The first side was also ordered much differently going:
1. Heartbreakin
2. They Ran
3. Old Sept Blues
4. The Bear
5. If All Else Fails
6. Just One Thing
7. Nashville to KY
8. Twlilight

From Twilight on, the proposed order is the same. Just interesting that Just One Thing was initially planned to be on the album, then later scrapped-wonder what happened!

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

RobRoy286

Lovin Plasma Ball. It's like a bluesy/jazzy The Dark.