New Jim Solo Album

Started by jttouch2, Apr 15, 2018, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Beck

I would definitely love to hear those two songs as well please. 

dru

I'll piggyback on those requests. I'd buy the Mp3s in a second if they were/are available.

How are the acoustic takes? Would love to hear Jim doing Dark End of the Street!

Mr. White

Quote from: RobRoy286 on May 21, 2019, 11:14 AMI don't know if this is okay to ask, but I'd love to hear the full band versions of It'll Work Out and Flash in the Pan if anyone could make that happen!
Quote from: MOWJO8185 on May 21, 2019, 11:56 AMMe too!
Quote from: Brother Beck on May 22, 2019, 07:51 AMI would definitely love to hear those two songs as well please. 
Quote from: dru on May 22, 2019, 05:32 PMI'll piggyback on those requests. I'd buy the Mp3s in a second if they were/are available.

How are the acoustic takes? Would love to hear Jim doing Dark End of the Street!

Here's a link to the acoustic versions for anyone who hasn't heard them yet.

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

RobRoy286

Still hoping to hear the full band versions of the bonus tracks! Please!

APR

Quote from: subinai on Jul 01, 2019, 09:49 AMwhoaaaa i need to hear this

Hopefully you have by now.  It's really great.  I like it better than the covers on Tribute To 2.

Brother Beck

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Jul 03, 2019, 10:03 AMStill hoping to hear the full band versions of the bonus tracks! Please!

I really am as well!  I think they may be the missing pieces that help me connect with Uniform Distortion... 

Friends, please put us out of our misery. 

MMJCOBRA

Like MMJ live vs album, seeing the uniform distortion tracks live completed my connection! 

notdarkyet

has anyone done vinyl rips of the deluxe edition bonus tracks?  especially in lossless? hit me up if you have or would we be willing to do so.  i'd love to work something out as i do vinyl but i have now way of ripping the tracks do my collection.  i have every other MMJ rarity (except one Rollcall single) in lossless if you'd like to trade rarities.

Brother Beck

I am going to take the plunge and just pay a digitizing service to rip my vinyl of the two bonus tracks to mp3 so that I will be able to listen to them.  I paid $40 for the deluxe vinyl edition of both albums to obtain the two full-band bonus tracks but I have no way of listening to them.  I had been hoping to track them down online for about two years now with no luck.  I think the process is going to take a few weeks but I will let you guys know when it is completed.   

Brother Beck

Friends, I need some help here.  My deluxe vinyl edition double album finally came in the mail, but I think there is a problem with my order.  My vinyl copy of Uniform Distortion appears to have two Side A's...  Both sides of the LP say 'Side A' and have 'Just A Fool' through 'Yes To Everything' listed and there appears to be no Side B, and then the bonus 7" only has the 4 covers and not the two full band versions of the Uniform Clarity only songs.....  I do not have any way to listen to vinyl, but can someone on here please tell me if the two bonus songs are like hidden on the 7" and not listed or written on the vinyl itself...???  I paid a lot of money for this and it seems like I didn't get the two songs that I actually wanted. 

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: Brother Beck on May 11, 2020, 04:43 PMFriends, I need some help here.  My deluxe vinyl edition double album finally came in the mail, but I think there is a problem with my order.  My vinyl copy of Uniform Distortion appears to have two Side A's...  Both sides of the LP say 'Side A' and have 'Just A Fool' through 'Yes To Everything' listed and there appears to be no Side B, and then the bonus 7" only has the 4 covers and not the two full band versions of the Uniform Clarity only songs.....  I do not have any way to listen to vinyl, but can someone on here please tell me if the two bonus songs are like hidden on the 7" and not listed or written on the vinyl itself...???  I paid a lot of money for this and it seems like I didn't get the two songs that I actually wanted. 

It will work out and flash in the pan are the final two songs on both UF and UD.

It's probably a mix up w the labels and not the pressing. I'd check the number of tracks on each side (by looking at the spaces between the tracks).  Side B should have 7 tracks (side A 6).

The 7 only has the covers.

"Hot Burrito #1" (The Flying Burrito Brothers)
"How?" (John Lennon)
"Fallin' Rain" (Link Wray)
"Dark End of the Street" (Dan Penn/Chips Moman)

MMJCOBRA

Following up, I did check mine and the tracks are listed correctly on the labels and on the vinyl itself.

CountSA

Brother Beck

Quote from: unravelled on May 12, 2020, 02:06 PM
Quote from: Brother Beck on May 11, 2020, 04:43 PMFriends, I need some help here.  My deluxe vinyl edition double album finally came in the mail, but I think there is a problem with my order.  My vinyl copy of Uniform Distortion appears to have two Side A's...  Both sides of the LP say 'Side A' and have 'Just A Fool' through 'Yes To Everything' listed and there appears to be no Side B, and then the bonus 7" only has the 4 covers and not the two full band versions of the Uniform Clarity only songs.....  I do not have any way to listen to vinyl, but can someone on here please tell me if the two bonus songs are like hidden on the 7" and not listed or written on the vinyl itself...???  I paid a lot of money for this and it seems like I didn't get the two songs that I actually wanted. 

It will work out and flash in the pan are the final two songs on both UF and UD.

It's probably a mix up w the labels and not the pressing. I'd check the number of tracks on each side (by looking at the spaces between the tracks).  Side B should have 7 tracks (side A 6).

"How?" (John Lennon)
Quote from: unravelled on May 12, 2020, 02:10 PMFollowing up, I did check mine and the tracks are listed correctly on the labels and on the vinyl itself.

Thank you very much!  I am about 80% sure that the vinyl Uniform Distortion album is correct and is only mislabeled, so I am going to roll the dice and pay the money for a service to digitize it for me.  I am pretty sure the two sides of the vinyl have different grooves and different number of tracks by counting the grooves although I am not completely sure.  Wish me luck! 

Cameron

"How?" (John Lennon)

is there a digital card for the covers?

Hoptimus Prime

Hell yeah, thanks for the heads up!  Also had T Hardy's Dude, The Obscure for $6.  Added a third for free shipping.  That's a hell of a haul for $27.
5/24/2003, and every damn time possible since!

Brother Beck

Quote from: Cameron on May 13, 2020, 11:58 AM

"How?" (John Lennon)

You are a damn genius my friend!!!  Tucked way inside one of the pockets for the Uniform Clarity vinyl was a download card for the entire thing.  You just saved me an additional $70, and I'm already in for about $60 so far.  This project was escalating quickly.  That was a lot of money for two songs, even for me. Thank you very much!!!   

APR

I listened to Eternally Even front to back the other night.  It's still great!  I didn't seek out all these acoustic covers, B- sides, etc from the Uniform Clarity days.  Do you all recommend? 

HardNightConformist

Quote from: APR on May 15, 2020, 09:32 AMI listened to Eternally Even front to back the other night.  It's still great!  I didn't seek out all these acoustic covers, B- sides, etc from the Uniform Clarity days.  Do you all recommend? 

Check out "All In Your Head" from Uniform Clarity. That's the standout track for me that improved on the Uniform Distortion version but at the same time made me appreciate that version as well.

dru

Quote from: Brother Beck on May 14, 2020, 12:31 PM
Quote from: Cameron on May 13, 2020, 11:58 AM

"How?" (John Lennon)

You are a damn genius my friend!!!  Tucked way inside one of the pockets for the Uniform Clarity vinyl was a download card for the entire thing.  You just saved me an additional $70, and I'm already in for about $60 so far.  This project was escalating quickly.  That was a lot of money for two songs, even for me. Thank you very much!!!   

I've been looking for these bonus tracks since this came out, but didn't want to buy the vinyl after buying both the UD and UC CDs. Would anyone be willing to share these in Mp3?