One Of A Kind My Morning Jacket Demo Tape

Started by searchinbig, Sep 06, 2018, 12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

searchinbig

"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Mmjcouple

Do you recognize any of the songs? Living in the Rain, Last Night I Told a Stranger All About You, In My Water, Josiah, Planter, My Goodbyes, You Said It Tears Your Heart Out.

searchinbig

Quote from: Mmjcouple on Sep 07, 2018, 12:30 AM
Do you recognize any of the songs? Living in the Rain, Last Night I Told a Stranger All About You, In My Water, Josiah, Planter, My Goodbyes, You Said It Tears Your Heart Out.

No, just wishing it would see the light of day and we all could hear it.  :smiley:
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Mmjcouple

Well if we get the chance it would be great. I tried putting them into google with no findings

Cameron

if i had ever owned something like that i'd think it would be worth more to try to get it back to jim (if he'd want it) than the $193 he made on ebay.

johnnYYac

I was the opposing bidder, but spaced it in the last few hours and let it get away. The final price was just a few dollars above my max bid. Same thing happened with a Terminal 5 Z poster the following day. Unfortunate, but that's about $500+ dollars I still have...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Lonndown27

This is INSANE.   I've heard just about everything but this is from space
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

johnnYYac

I understand an attempt was made to acquire the demos digitally from the seller before he shipped the tape to the buyer. I also heard that it was then discovered the tape is damaged and the sale was cancelled. It may be lost to history...

searchinbig

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 14, 2018, 12:43 PM
I understand an attempt was made to acquire the demos digitally from the seller before he shipped the tape to the buyer. I also heard that it was then discovered the tape is damaged and the sale was cancelled. It may be lost to history...

Hmmm. So John you are saying he must have recorded the cassette and still has the files??

Also, it is possible to repair cassette tapes, depending on how bad it really is. Most likely be splices here and there but what a treasure to hear some day.

I have fixed plenty in my day!!  :headphones:

johnnYYac

Quote from: searchinbig on Sep 14, 2018, 01:23 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 14, 2018, 12:43 PM

Hmmm. So John you are saying he must have recorded the cassette and still has the files??

Also, it is possible to repair cassette tapes, depending on how bad it really is. Most likely be splices here and there but what a treasure to hear some day.

I have fixed plenty in my day!!  :headphones:
I'm under the impression that the seller did NOT have a recording of the cassette and, when he attempted to, discovered the tape was damaged. Don't have details, just second-hand info. Seems to be a lost cause.

walterfredo

Lonndown27

Jim probably has more tapes of original unheard unreleased music than every musician in the last 20 years. I guarantee you that is  a mountain we may never get to the top of
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Mmjcouple

So I'm actually the one who purchased the tape the guy never mailed it and ghosted me without any type of reasoning. Thought I'd just let you guys know what had happened.

Cameron

Lonndown27

Quote from: Mmjcouple on Jul 04, 2019, 12:34 PMSo I'm actually the one who purchased the tape the guy never mailed it and ghosted me without any type of reasoning. Thought I'd just let you guys know what had happened.

i hope you reported that chodefucker to Ebay. That's beyond outrageous. The product was destroyed anyway. Jim probably has people who could've taken the tape and wound it back together and repaired it. But we never know those things when we don't give them back to the owners themselves.

As big of a Jacket completist and fan as I am, if you gave me a one of a kind Jim demo tape that NOBODY else had anywhere in any shape or form, and I knew Jim didn't have another copy and was depending on it you best be assured I would take one careful listen and then give that motherfucker back to the man himself.