Summer Tour 2019 (3 shows total)

Started by dontgetupset, Dec 03, 2018, 10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwesterner

Quote from: ericm on Jun 03, 2019, 06:01 PM
Quote from: Woody on Jun 03, 2019, 04:29 PM
Quote from: sillyboob on Jun 03, 2019, 03:19 PMSo I'm wondering if the band is looking at these three shows as a three night run, no repeats type of deal.  I think that'd be a cool thing.

I would say no repeats at Red Rocks but Forest Hills will be open game.

This is the correct answer. 😉

I agree with this as well. I would expect Forest Hills to be a summary of the Red Rocks shows.

Megillah

Anyone at the Forest Hills show last time around? Just wondering how crowded the floor gets; easy enough to move around down there?

ericm

Quote from: Megillah on Jun 07, 2019, 01:27 AMAnyone at the Forest Hills show last time around? Just wondering how crowded the floor gets; easy enough to move around down there?

It was pretty crowded where we were about 1/3-1/2 of the way back but still were able to move around. Definitely pretty packed in front of us though, but I'm not sure how packed it was behind us as far as all the way back goes.
"Where's Jim going?"

Megillah

Quote from: ericm on Jun 07, 2019, 07:01 AM
Quote from: Megillah on Jun 07, 2019, 01:27 AMAnyone at the Forest Hills show last time around? Just wondering how crowded the floor gets; easy enough to move around down there?

It was pretty crowded where we were about 1/3-1/2 of the way back but still were able to move around. Definitely pretty packed in front of us though, but I'm not sure how packed it was behind us as far as all the way back goes.

Yea from the videos it looks like front 1/3 or so was packed, but couldn't tell further back. I usually hang in the back half where there is more room, but some venues seem to oversell the floor, or people stub down, and it just makes it unbearable

RobRoy286

So I've never been in the reserved section at red rocks - are the spots pretty spacious? Does it become kinda fluid as the show goes on? I'm just curious because I've never been in a reserved section with assigned spots but no chairs.

walterfredo

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Jul 09, 2019, 05:49 PMSo I've never been in the reserved section at red rocks - are the spots pretty spacious? Does it become kinda fluid as the show goes on? I'm just curious because I've never been in a reserved section with assigned spots but no chairs.

it's all the exact same, GA, reserved...all the same as far as the seating/space goes. It's all kind of a joke too, anyone in reserved can just go into the GA, and the opposite is the case too.

ericm

Quote from: walterfredo on Jul 09, 2019, 06:22 PM
Quote from: RobRoy286 on Jul 09, 2019, 05:49 PMSo I've never been in the reserved section at red rocks - are the spots pretty spacious? Does it become kinda fluid as the show goes on? I'm just curious because I've never been in a reserved section with assigned spots but no chairs.

it's all the exact same, GA, reserved...all the same as far as the seating/space goes. It's all kind of a joke too, anyone in reserved can just go into the GA, and the opposite is the case too.

That's how I've found it too, Walter. Pretty laid back as far as that goes unless you're in one of the first couple of rows.

As for room, it's one of the most spacious venues I've been in with actual rows and assigned seats. Room enough in a row to have someone stand in front of you if you wanted, and also have the wide bench to stash your belongings under.
"Where's Jim going?"

RobRoy286

Yeah thats kinda what I was wondering, how much the reserved spots are really enforced. I had GA in 2016 and the line before the gates opened was CRAZY. Will my reserved tickets actually do me any good with a closer spot, or does it just turn into a free for all? Any advice on how to get into rows 20-30ish?

MMJTX

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Jul 09, 2019, 09:40 PM

Yeah thats kinda what I was wondering, how much the reserved spots are really enforced. I had GA in 2016 and the line before the gates opened was CRAZY. Will my reserved tickets actually do me any good with a closer spot, or does it just turn into a free for all? Any advice on how to get into rows 20-30ish?

I went in 2015 and both 2016 shows, imo if you bought a reserved ticket you should sit in your seats, as the night goes on, yes people start to move around some, we would stay in our seats and by the end of the night have much more room than we started with. That being said i would think if you show up a song after Jacket has started and someone is in your reserved seat, you may have some trouble getting them to leave but hopefully they're not jerks
Anytime

Lonndown27

Quote from: MMJTX on Jul 10, 2019, 08:55 AM
Quote from: RobRoy286 on Jul 09, 2019, 09:40 PM

I went in 2015 and both 2016 shows, imo if you bought a reserved ticket you should sit in your seats, as the night goes on, yes people start to move around some, we would stay in our seats and by the end of the night have much more room than we started with. That being said i would think if you show up a song after Jacket has started and someone is in your reserved seat, you may have some trouble getting them to leave but hopefully they're not jerks

i know this sounds like a dick-move, but seriously, if I paid for those seats and someone is sitting in them and the band is already playing (which would only be occurring if something serious had happened, i'm always early to shows) I WOULD PHYSICALLY MOVE THEM IF THEY'D REFUSE. it would be like OK, GET UP! NOBODY IS FUCKING WITH OUR JACKET EXPERIENCE. literally grab a piece of pizza and shove it in their face, forcing them to move to de-sauce their eyes
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

jttouch2

What do we think about horns? with only 4 shows on the table, it seems like a good possibility they'd have them but you never really know.

JDUB

This digital ticket thing is so confusing. My brother transferred his tickets to me using Flash Seats. But I got the email from AXS and can see the tickets in the AXS app. I have a Flash Seats app & account too, but nothing shows there. Are people going to be able to enter with either the AXS or Flash Seat apps?

parkervb

Quote from: JDUB on Jul 19, 2019, 01:35 PMThis digital ticket thing is so confusing. My brother transferred his tickets to me using Flash Seats. But I got the email from AXS and can see the tickets in the AXS app. I have a Flash Seats app & account too, but nothing shows there. Are people going to be able to enter with either the AXS or Flash Seat apps?

i would call the box office to ask since the venue ultimately decides what's acceptable and not.
Don't you ever turn it off

JDUB

I sent an email to AXS Guest Services. But I think this was user error. I can now see my tickets in BOTH apps, which is still stupid that there are two apps for this. Still confusing in that Flash Seats wants you to register a credit card or drivers license that will be swiped as you enter the venue, but AXS does not mention that.

APR

Quote from: JDUB on Jul 19, 2019, 03:13 PMI sent an email to AXS Guest Services. But I think this was user error. I can now see my tickets in BOTH apps, which is still stupid that there are two apps for this. Still confusing in that Flash Seats wants you to register a credit card or drivers license that will be swiped as you enter the venue, but AXS does not mention that.

Totally agreed. This two app thing is crazy and unnecessarily confusing.  I'll be bringing both apps, credit card (though I don't know what card I used back in December to make the purchase), and license (thanks for the reminder to "register" that stuff)........ hopefully that will be good enough to  get in without causing a major back up with the ticket scanner.  Unlike most apps, the AXS one makes me login and remember my password almost every time. 

Stevie

Anyone know anything about early entry for Red Rocks? 

ericm

Quote from: Stevie on Jul 26, 2019, 09:01 PMAnyone know anything about early entry for Red Rocks? 

The only thing I saw about it was it being offered as part of the VIP packages. Without a Roll Call membership available, I'm thinking there probably isn't going to be the usual type one for these or the NY shows.

Fingers crossed it and Roll Call returns for the next tour.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

Dondantesinferno

So would it be safe to say there will be a line of canopies and such stretching down the side of the unpaved parking area like last time? We are fortunate to be staying in Morrison. I just don't want to spend all day Friday sitting in a line where it appears I going to be getting in a spot right behind VIP Early Entry only to have something change it up last minute.I'm happy to wait in line like others. I just don't want to do it if it doesn't make any difference. Yeah I miss Roll Call too...

Nicknyr15

First show for me. Forest Hills! I'm pretty excited. Been a fan for a few years but never had a chance to catch a show. For those who are familiar with Forest Hills:
How's the parking around the venue?
Are there any places to eat near the stadium, or even in the stadium?

Thanks guys 🤙🏼

Lonndown27

(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018