Less than a month left to go folks

Started by superfrodies, Jul 08, 2019, 02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superfrodies

Hard to believe that in less than a month we will be able to bask in the greatness that is a My Morning Jacket live show! First show since OBH March 5th, 2018. It will have been 515 days since their last show!

Red Rocks, let's do this!!!

RobRoy286

RobRoy286

MMJTX

Opener Night 1: Heartbreakin Man
Closer Night 1: Picture of You

Opener Night 2: Wordless Chorus
Closer Night 2: OBH (not hoping for this, just assuming, would love for them to change this up)

Covers: Tom Petty? A Jim Uniform Distortion song? Carried Away or 4th of July? Allman Brothers? TYRONE?
Anytime

parkervb

so are they playing all of TTF or are they playing TTF front to back? I was thinking the latter but its not entirely clear from the announcement.

I expect a Victory Dance opener at Forest Hills, OBH closer with no new covers (they'll be brushing up on the less played TTF items is my reasoning).
Don't you ever turn it off

evelynisreal

any pre-show plans in the works?  might be solo. 

not sure if it's better to take one of the shuttles or not.  i have GA both nights, planning on one night towards to upper middle for the view and one night down low.  worked out last time except shuttle made it difficult to find a good spot down low. 

Easy Wind

I was trying to decide about shuttle vs uber/Lyft. Where is everyone staying.  Lakewood seems like the closest.

RobRoy286

Easy Wind

I'm staying at the La Quinta in Lakewood.  If anyone wants to split an uber or any other kind of transport message me. My brother will be with me Friday,  Saturday I'll be solo. Never been to red rocks.  I can't wait!

ericm

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Jul 16, 2019, 12:57 PMI'll be staying in Lakewood!

Lakewood is a good spot to stay. I've stayed there every time I've gone to RR. Plenty of places to get anything you need for your stay and isn't more than 10-15 minutes from the venue depending on where you're at in Lakewood or which route you take to get there.

"Where's Jim going?"

RobRoy286

Quote from: ericm on Jul 16, 2019, 10:10 PM
Quote from: RobRoy286 on Jul 16, 2019, 12:57 PMI'll be staying in Lakewood!

Lakewood is a good spot to stay. I've stayed there every time I've gone to RR. Plenty of places to get anything you need for your stay and isn't more than 10-15 minutes from the venue depending on where you're at in Lakewood or which route you take to get there.

I have no idea how I managed this, but I got a cheap Airbnb in Lakewood that sleeps 6 and is "perfect for parties after Red Rocks." Seems like it'll be awesome. They must have listed it late, because seemingly everything within a 30 mile radius of RR was booked that weekend.

evilurges86

Quote from: parkervb on Jul 09, 2019, 01:38 PMso are they playing all of TTF or are they playing TTF front to back? I was thinking the latter but its not entirely clear from the announcement.

I expect a Victory Dance opener at Forest Hills, OBH closer with no new covers (they'll be brushing up on the less played TTF items is my reasoning).

I was thinking along the same lines. But, I'm thinking/hoping circuital as an opener maybe.

I really liked when the covered "Careless Whisper" at Forescastle. I'm hoping for at least one random cover that will make me smile.
"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness"

parkervb

so Carl is on tour for one more week and the RR shows are the following week so it will be tight for rehearsal time.
Don't you ever turn it off

dcfire

If anyone is looking to Uber/Lyft from downtown Denver on Friday and/or Saturday, please reach out! I normally take the shuttle but not feeling like it this time.

oistheone

Quote from: dcfire on Jul 21, 2019, 10:44 PMIf anyone is looking to Uber/Lyft from downtown Denver on Friday and/or Saturday, please reach out! I normally take the shuttle but not feeling like it this time.

Damn, I just bought shuttle passes! Now I'm not only regretting passing up an easier ride... but also worried about the shuttle!! Are these things no good?!

walterfredo

Quote from: parkervb on Jul 18, 2019, 03:24 PMso Carl is on tour for one more week and the RR shows are the following week so it will be tight for rehearsal time.

I'm a little concerned with this to be honest. His tour ends on 7/27, that gives only 4 days before RR. I realize they're pros, but still.

oistheone

Ever since these guys played at Lockn — when they hadn't played together in three months — and ABSOLUTELY SLAYED IT, I will never doubt their ability to crush, even with very little rehearsal time. I'm sure they'll hunker down in Colorado for the week and be in the fuckin' zone by Friday.

And hey, maybe this'll even leave some room for a little spontaneity? Over-practicing can sometimes kill the soul of a performance!

dcfire

Quote from: oistheone on Jul 22, 2019, 12:35 PMDamn, I just bought shuttle passes! Now I'm not only regretting passing up an easier ride... but also worried about the shuttle!! Are these things no good?!

The shuttle is 100% good. I've done it multiple times to Red Rocks. It's just the departure times aren't always convenient.

RobRoy286

Quote from: oistheone on Jul 22, 2019, 05:41 PMEver since these guys played at Lockn — when they hadn't played together in three months — and ABSOLUTELY SLAYED IT, I will never doubt their ability to crush, even with very little rehearsal time. I'm sure they'll hunker down in Colorado for the week and be in the fuckin' zone by Friday.

And hey, maybe this'll even leave some room for a little spontaneity? Over-practicing can sometimes kill the soul of a performance!
Yessir! I'm excited for some looseness/spontaneity. I bet all the guys have been excited to get back together, and I like that Carl isn't wasting a second!

Jbpats

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Jul 23, 2019, 06:01 AM
Quote from: oistheone on Jul 22, 2019, 05:41 PMEver since these guys played at Lockn — when they hadn't played together in three months — and ABSOLUTELY SLAYED IT, I will never doubt their ability to crush, even with very little rehearsal time. I'm sure they'll hunker down in Colorado for the week and be in the fuckin' zone by Friday.

Yessir! I'm excited for some looseness/spontaneity. I bet all the guys have been excited to get back together, and I like that Carl isn't wasting a second!

I'm certainly not concerned that the band will be tight, i know they will be. The lack in rehearsal does however make me concerned that there will be limitations with anything new(ish). I can see these shows just being an extension of their last tour. RR shows being similar to the last time they played, which isn't bad by any means.
Regardless i'm stoked.