Tennessee Fire 20th Anniversary Celebration at the Cap

Started by parkervb, Jun 13, 2019, 08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobRoy286

Lonn are you making it to any shows this year? You better get to red rocks!

Lonndown27

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Jul 03, 2019, 09:15 AMLonn are you making it to any shows this year? You better get to red rocks!

i hope so but i think i've lost my time for tickets, i'll see what I can do. I'm not losing hope but i'm running outta time
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

robb

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Jul 11, 2019, 09:26 PM
Quote from: RobRoy286 on Jul 03, 2019, 09:15 AMLonn are you making it to any shows this year? You better get to red rocks!

i hope so but i think i've lost my time for tickets, i'll see what I can do. I'm not losing hope but i'm running outta time

they're starting to pop up more and more often--you'll get 'em.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

parkervb

tickets are going to come available, just keep a close eye on the board
Don't you ever turn it off

Lonndown27

Quote from: parkervb on Jul 12, 2019, 10:22 AM

i'm going to save every penny this way comes just in case. If I can't make it, I can't, but I'm going to stay open to every opportunity.
There were some incredibly amazing and nice people on here who offered me tickets earlier: Rkwedge, sillybooby, a few others who were just so goddamn nice that I didn't wanna string them along and waste their time (and i'm sure i did already).
I'm Just so glad this band is back, the Tennessee Fire is getting the reissue it always deserved and this band will be cranking out rarities on all four of these shows (or is it just 3???).

I love all of you guys.
from me to you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVsYnGcBy8o

(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

dexter

Anyone want to split a cab/Uber back to Manhattan after, pm me

Cameron

ericm

Quote from: dexter on Jul 17, 2019, 06:39 AMAnyone want to split a cab/Uber back to Manhattan after, pm me

Have you looked into the train? It's right there across the street and I believe they'll be four trains between 11:00-1:00 back to Grand Central Station.
"Where's Jim going?"

dexter

Quote from: ericm on Jul 19, 2019, 04:46 PM
Quote from: dexter on Jul 17, 2019, 06:39 AMAnyone want to split a cab/Uber back to Manhattan after, pm me

Have you looked into the train? It's right there across the street and I believe they'll be four trains between 11:00-1:00 back to Grand Central Station.

Yes I'm just lazy :)

clockworkpug

So I've been reading about how militant and tight the security is at the Cap Theatre and I've never been to an MMJ show where I wasn't able to partake.  It seems like toking up in the GA crowd will be very risky, so do you folks have any suggestions other than just don't do it?  What about the smoking area outside that I've heard about?  Is it possible to pull it off without being harassed in the smoking area?

parkervb

Quote from: clockworkpug on Jul 25, 2019, 12:27 AMSo I've been reading about how militant and tight the security is at the Cap Theatre and I've never been to an MMJ show where I wasn't able to partake.  It seems like toking up in the GA crowd will be very risky, so do you folks have any suggestions other than just don't do it?  What about the smoking area outside that I've heard about?  Is it possible to pull it off without being harassed in the smoking area?

idk, can you get a vape pen where you're at? that's my plan but then it will likely just be outside bc its not big enough GA area to get lost in the crowd

Mhurley8

Quote from: clockworkpug on Jul 25, 2019, 12:27 AMSo I've been reading about how militant and tight the security is at the Cap Theatre and I've never been to an MMJ show where I wasn't able to partake.  It seems like toking up in the GA crowd will be very risky, so do you folks have any suggestions other than just don't do it?  What about the smoking area outside that I've heard about?  Is it possible to pull it off without being harassed in the smoking area?

Usually for these inside theater shows my group will have a big sesh somewhere outside before hand and get nice an ripped. One of us will jock a Vape pen and kinda just sneak hits when you can(bathrooms, waiting in beer line ect). Def not worth lighting one up inside and getting tossed.

At Forrest hills last time we were in GA and had no issues sparking many a J.

clockworkpug

Yeah I'm not too worried about Forest Hills since it's outdoors, but the Cap Theatre will be tough too pull off I think.  This would be a good show for edible and a vape, but I don't have access.

ericm

Quote from: clockworkpug on Jul 26, 2019, 02:58 PMYeah I'm not too worried about Forest Hills since it's outdoors, but the Cap Theatre will be tough too pull off I think.  This would be a good show for edible and a vape, but I don't have access.

The Cap is tough as far as that goes and on the 3-night end of year run they did there, we had a forum member almost get tossed for lighting up. We all thought he was definitely on his way out but fortunately he managed to stay. 

Probably one of those had to be there things but for those of us who were, the whole thing was funny as hell and made even better by him not getting tossed out.  :grin:

The legend of that one lives on still and definitely part of past forum lore. :thumbsup: 
"Where's Jim going?"

eleaf14

is anyone else waiting on hard tix for the cap vip experience? seen a couple folks say tickets in hand. email says up to 7 days ahead of time - so figured id holler here 1st. thanks.

MPP

I received my VIP pair about a week and a half ago. The postmark was July 15, fyi.

For anyone who needs a pair for the Cap, I have two in the balcony, bought before I grabbed the VIP pair.  Wanted to get friends to go as part of my recent evangelical MMJ mission, but they can't make it due to work or other silly excuses.  Face without the fees, PM if interested.

First post, but have been reading the forum for a couple years. Appreciate the info, insights and most of all the passion.  Relatively late to the game (July 2015 first show, didn't know a single song and walked out stunned). Five more shows since.  In for all four of these. Spent many dollars at Amoeba Records (CA folks know that place!) digging out the secondary releases.

Easily in my top five ever. Gonna be top 1 when they hit the stage Friday at RR. 

adam_pliskow

There is no smoking of any sort inside of the building.  If you get caught they will remove you from the show, take what you have and let you back in a song or two later.  There is a very nice court yard open t/o the show and you can do almost anything there.  If you have an oil pen then you can do that inside to a certain degree.  You need to be super stealth.  Otherwise I wouldn't risk missing a moment.  Just mosey outside for 3 minutes.  A pull isn't worth missing two songs!

parkervb

Quote from: MPP on Jul 29, 2019, 10:24 PMI received my VIP pair about a week and a half ago. The postmark was July 15, fyi.

For anyone who needs a pair for the Cap, I have two in the balcony, bought before I grabbed the VIP pair.  Wanted to get friends to go as part of my recent evangelical MMJ mission, but they can't make it due to work or other silly excuses.  Face without the fees, PM if interested.

First post, but have been reading the forum for a couple years. Appreciate the info, insights and most of all the passion.  Relatively late to the game (July 2015 first show, didn't know a single song and walked out stunned). Five more shows since.  In for all four of these. Spent many dollars at Amoeba Records (CA folks know that place!) digging out the secondary releases.

Easily in my top five ever. Gonna be top 1 when they hit the stage Friday at RR. 

welcome!

eleaf14

Quote from: MPP on Jul 29, 2019, 10:24 PMI received my VIP pair about a week and a half ago. The postmark was July 15, fyi.

thanks for the holler back. I talked to ticketfly today and they said they'd issue a replacement pdf if the ticket doesn't land by this Friday (just in case anyone else out there is in same boat). have a good run leading up! red rocks will be a blast.

MPP

Quote from: eleaf14 on Jul 30, 2019, 10:57 AM

thanks for the holler back. I talked to ticketfly today and they said they'd issue a replacement pdf if the ticket doesn't land by this Friday (just in case anyone else out there is in same boat). have a good run leading up! red rocks will be a blast.

You're welcome, and thanks for the good wishes. Looking forward to Red Rocks, though not the entry process! GA both nights, like to make it into the first 15-18 rows.