Red Rocks Setlist Updates August 2, 2019

Started by dcfire, Aug 02, 2019, 10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcfire

dcfire

Lonndown27

(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

Me and my lady were gazing at some incredible stars while listening to the band. Oh my god they sounded so powerful. All the safe songs are outta the way!!!!!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

LBSUNFLWR

Thanks so much for updates! And thanks for Mixlr link. I've been listening since Dondante. Fun even at home.

dcfire

Varitek

My Morning Jacket
Red Rocks Amphitheater-Morrison, CO

Victory Dance
Circuital
Xmas Curtain
First Light
Easy Morning Rebel
Heartbreakin' Man
Lowdown
Slow Slow Tune
Smokin' From Shootin'
In It's Infancy
I'm Amazed
War Begun
I Will Sing You Songs
Golden
Dondante
The Way That He Sings
What A Wonderful Man
Run Thru
(encore break)
Wonderful (The Way I Feel)
Believe
Masterplan
Anytime
Mahgeeta

Thanks for putting up the songs dcfire!!!!
"Did he just put on a cape?"

dcfire

dcfire

Jim promised no repeats an entirely new set list on sat!

jttouch2

Just got home and DAMN man. That was killer.

Dondante was STELLAR. so much evil.

Run Thru too. A real slow rendition and just absolutely epic.

Jim was on some weird shit about comparing red rocks to "the birth canal" and also regularly inserted the "where is the justice" into several other songs. thought that part was cool, the birth canal stuff was a tad odd but welcome to Jim.

Loved the couple of new setlist placements-Easy Mornin' in the first 5 and Masterplan in the encore were both great suprises.

It's so good to be back y'all. so. stinkin. good.

walterfredo

Anyone find all the chuckling by Jim tonight during numerous songs, to be a bit odd? Not sure what to make of that?

chris081072

Quote from: walterfredo on Aug 03, 2019, 02:45 AMAnyone find all the chuckling by Jim tonight during numerous songs, to be a bit odd? Not sure what to make of that?

Mushrooms bruh! My crew thought it was great. He's looking up from the birth canal at Ship Rock to his left, and Creation Rock to his right (mother's legs ;) Stage Rock is the vagine, hence the birth canal. He's a freak!

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: jttouch2 on Aug 03, 2019, 02:14 AMJust got home and DAMN man. That was killer.

Dondante was STELLAR. so much evil.

Run Thru too. A real slow rendition and just absolutely epic.

Jim was on some weird shit about comparing red rocks to "the birth canal" and also regularly inserted the "where is the justice" into several other songs. thought that part was cool, the birth canal stuff was a tad odd but welcome to Jim.

Loved the couple of new setlist placements-Easy Mornin' in the first 5 and Masterplan in the encore were both great suprises.

It's so good to be back y'all. so. stinkin. good.

Great observation. Lots of ways the band can keep it fresh!!

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

RobRoy286

Quote from: walterfredo on Aug 03, 2019, 02:45 AMAnyone find all the chuckling by Jim tonight during numerous songs, to be a bit odd? Not sure what to make of that?
It looked like he was just super happy to be back with the boys again. I loved it.

Jbpats

Any other new twists on tunes other then run thru?

Was hoping to see something new on the setlist, whether that be a new jim/Carl solo tune, fresh cover or most desired new jacket song.

jttouch2

Quote from: Jbpats on Aug 03, 2019, 11:14 AMAny other new twists on tunes other then run thru?

Was hoping to see something new on the setlist, whether that be a new jim/Carl solo tune, fresh cover or most desired new jacket song.

The outro to IWSYS was a lot longer but it was just extended repeats of that riff with everyone, several songs got those end extension jams

Jbpats

Quote from: jttouch2 on Aug 03, 2019, 11:17 AM
Quote from: Jbpats on Aug 03, 2019, 11:14 AMAny other new twists on tunes other then run thru?

The outro to IWSYS was a lot longer but it was just extended repeats of that riff with everyone, several songs got those end extension jams

Love that

Just watched a few YouTube clips, they definitely carried on where they left off, sound great.

Jim no shades or jacket
Tom no professional attire and growing the hair out again.

The new rough and rugged MMJ

mgobugsy

I'm Amazed.  Best version ever.  Very metal in the second half.  Also Dontante went on forever.  Had to be over 30.