Summer Tour 2019 (3 shows total)

Started by dontgetupset, Dec 03, 2018, 10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog

Good read before I head to Red Rocks, so stoked !!!

Thanks for the share !!

Bulldog

I take that back, didnt realize till the end you wrote that Lon, fucking AWESOME job !!!

CountSA

New Brian Steely merch design:

atk1

Is there a stream somewhere?  Their latest Instagram post referenced "streams". I am not on Facebook, but I found this:

Looks Russian! lol

CC

there's no live stream so I really recommend not clicking on any of these fb/youtube links :drum:

iLikeBeer

Damn, I just got excited.  Thanks for the clarification CC!  :beer:

atk1

Lonndown27

Quote from: Bulldog on Aug 02, 2019, 12:36 AMI take that back, didnt realize till the end you wrote that Lon, fucking AWESOME job !!!

Thank you so much my brotha!! Bulldog i hope you're ready for two nights of insanity
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Bulldog

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 02, 2019, 05:05 PM
Quote from: Bulldog on Aug 02, 2019, 12:36 AMI take that back, didnt realize till the end you wrote that Lon, fucking AWESOME job !!!

Thank you so much my brotha!! Bulldog i hope you're ready for two nights of insanity

count on it...5th row center cut vip, decided to splurge tonight

rkwedge

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 01, 2019, 11:21 PMJUST ANOTHER THING TO GETCHA ALL EXCITED
https://uninterruptedrockandrollodyssey.blogspot.com/2019/08/the-return-of-my-morning-jacket.html
Nice read Lonn, love your passion  :beer:
Wish you could have made it over to the Rocks, you'd be loving this shit.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

MPP

Quote from: rkwedge on Aug 03, 2019, 01:44 PM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 01, 2019, 11:21 PMJUST ANOTHER THING TO GETCHA ALL EXCITED
https://uninterruptedrockandrollodyssey.blogspot.com/2019/08/the-return-of-my-morning-jacket.html

Couldn't agree more, well written, love the passion and how well you explain why these guys evoke it from us.  Been forwarding this to a number of friends and family that are getting tired of me raving about them.  All positive comments back - thanks Lonn!

Seeker

I desperately need a pair of tickets for tonight. I used to go to MMJ shows at Red Rocks all the time, but missed last three summers while in the Peace Corps. Everyone kept saying the price would go down and they haven't. Can anyone help me? Please DM

Dondantesinferno

Wanted to share an issue that seems to be as much an issue with Red Rocks and VIP seat goers. We were first in line at the Upper South Gate. I'm no Division 1 Athlete but I can get with it pretty well in the cardio game. After getting our tickets scanned my daughter and I were the first in only to find almost the rows numbered from 8-15, all of them in front of the stage were being saved by VIP seat holders. We were in contact via text with folks at the North entry and they weren't let in early. Just kinda sad to see out of VIP seat holders when these are the same folks we've seen years before at other shows waiting patiently to get in and would have been some of most vocal if others did this to them. Well karma tends to go where it is needed. Sorry for my unmerited rant. I'm inside, edge of stage left in front of Jim in row 13. I'll stop now. Now to just.... Breathe out and enjoy...

JDUB

They sold a boatload of VIP packages. Tons of people at the Golden VIP who got early GA access. But I agree it sucks that they save seats for people who aren't there.

Seeker

Quote from: Seeker on Aug 03, 2019, 04:28 PMI desperately need a pair of tickets for tonight. I used to go to MMJ shows at Red Rocks all the time, but missed last three summers while in the Peace Corps. Everyone kept saying the price would go down and they haven't. Can anyone help me? Please DM

Finally got one face value and one for $250. I'm grateful that Chrispy remembered me after a few years absence and helped us get great seats. Steam Engine was incredible!

It seemed that most of the fans were from out of state, and I am so happy you got to experience Red Rocks. All is good in my little world today after that show. The Rolling Stones next week!

Lonndown27

Quote from: MPP on Aug 03, 2019, 02:49 PM

Couldn't agree more, well written, love the passion and how well you explain why these guys evoke it from us.  Been forwarding this to a number of friends and family that are getting tired of me raving about them.  All positive comments back - thanks Lonn!

you two just made me feel like i was wrapped in a blanket by Jim James!!!! THANK YOU GUYS!!! Ron how was it my man??!?!!? send me a message!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

This Summer tour comes to a close.
We had some ultra few rarities at the Cap aka smoke weed and die R US, we had two semi greatest hitsy shows at Red Rocks both just under or over 2 hours 40 minutes and had loads of fantastic energy, immaculate performances and some extremely bizarre but welcomed lyrical improv by Jim, the longest Steam Engine ever and then it seems a 20 song show at Forest Hills. I need to know what went down cause it looks a little light but Steam into Phone hasn't happened since Red Rocks 2015 i think. Maybe im wrong.

ericm

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 11, 2019, 02:22 AMThis Summer tour comes to a close.
We had some ultra few rarities at the Cap aka smoke weed and die R US, we had two semi greatest hitsy shows at Red Rocks both just under or over 2 hours 40 minutes and had loads of fantastic energy, immaculate performances and some extremely bizarre but welcomed lyrical improv by Jim, the longest Steam Engine ever and then it seems a 20 song show at Forest Hills. I need to know what went down cause it looks a little light but Steam into Phone hasn't happened since Red Rocks 2015 i think. Maybe im wrong.

Lonn my brother it was a little lite but we knew that going in. Forrest Hills is a quaint little village like town with a hard curfew of 10:00pm for shows. In fact I'm sure lots of the towns people would rather not even have shows at the hallowed venue, which sits right dab in the middle of their village.

Beautiful little charming town though and I like going there's and hanging out on those grounds is pretty cool too. Lots of performers have headlined there in addition to all the tennis greats and US Opens played there.
"Where's Jim going?"

jttouch2

I met lots of folks from this forum this weekend I'm pretty sure, if you met the tall 20 year old named James then hey!

Forest Hills is definitely in a weird place but it was a real cool venue once things got going. Obviously a greatest hits type of set but we knew that coming in and they absolutely shredded it. It's been a great summer.

LOWDOWNESY

Hey everyone. I just wanted to take a minute to (re)introduce myself. My name is Kelly Downes, the former MamaKel. I wanted to get back on the Forum because I want a place to talk about all this epic music without the architecture of social media. I look forward to many conversations with everyone.

By the way, I have named the end of the Cap version of Butch Cassidy "the Krishna Dub remix" because what an adventure THAT was...whew. I feel like I have known a lot of the basic jam structures since 2011, and EVERYTHING from these past 4 shows has been turned on its head. The Steam from Red Rocks must feel like what it was like to be on those first Apollo missions into space...or those Gravitron machines that the astronauts have to sit in before they can go into space? The musical equivalent of THAT.

Anyways, old friends and new, it has been a while, and I look forward to many musical ruminations.