Summer Tour 2019 (3 shows total)

Started by dontgetupset, Dec 03, 2018, 10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC

Quote from: LOWDOWNESY on Aug 11, 2019, 10:25 AMHey everyone. I just wanted to take a minute to (re)introduce myself. My name is Kelly Downes, the former MamaKel..

welcome back MamaKel! let me know if you want me to send you your old login details. or maybe you just wanted a brand new one, that's cool too.

searchinbig

Quote from: LOWDOWNESY on Aug 11, 2019, 10:25 AMHey everyone. I just wanted to take a minute to (re)introduce myself. My name is Kelly Downes, the former MamaKel. I wanted to get back on the Forum because I want a place to talk about all this epic music without the architecture of social media. I look forward to many conversations with everyone.

By the way, I have named the end of the Cap version of Butch Cassidy "the Krishna Dub remix" because what an adventure THAT was...whew. I feel like I have known a lot of the basic jam structures since 2011, and EVERYTHING from these past 4 shows has been turned on its head. The Steam from Red Rocks must feel like what it was like to be on those first Apollo missions into space...or those Gravitron machines that the astronauts have to sit in before they can go into space? The musical equivalent of THAT.

Anyways, old friends and new, it has been a while, and I look forward to many musical ruminations.

Welcome back MamaKel. Miss your passion around here!

I too have no relation with social media. Don't need it in my life.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

LOWDOWNESY

Hey, thanks CC and searchinbig!!!! I think I would like to go back to being MamaKel. Maybe take some of the old self with me into the new self. I am happy to be back and look forward to a lot of conversations with you, gang ♡

APR

Quote from: LOWDOWNESY on Aug 11, 2019, 10:25 AMHey everyone. I just wanted to take a minute to (re)introduce myself. My name is Kelly Downes, the former MamaKel. I wanted to get back on the Forum because I want a place to talk about all this epic music without the architecture of social media. I look forward to many conversations with everyone.

By the way, I have named the end of the Cap version of Butch Cassidy "the Krishna Dub remix" because what an adventure THAT was...whew. I feel like I have known a lot of the basic jam structures since 2011, and EVERYTHING from these past 4 shows has been turned on its head. The Steam from Red Rocks must feel like what it was like to be on those first Apollo missions into space...or those Gravitron machines that the astronauts have to sit in before they can go into space? The musical equivalent of THAT.

Anyways, old friends and new, it has been a while, and I look forward to many musical ruminations.

Welcome back.  Your writings like the one above when you compare MMJ moments to what astronauts feel when they're in outer space are a welcome breath of fresh air. 

The Steam and PWW from Red Rocks were unforgettable.  Add Dondante too to that list. Everyone was floating in space during those tunes. 

jttouch2

Lonndown27

and who says they can't put out a live DVD? put one out fellas! Xmas is right around the corner...foolish not to
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

MMJCOBRA

That's a killer clip!!!  Love that they used compound fracture.  It looks like they had a lot more video of Forrest hills and the capitol theatre than RR?*

APR

That was awesome.  A live DVD compilation of the 2019 summer would be amazing!