Forest Hills Setlist Updates 8/10/2019

Started by dcfire, Aug 10, 2019, 07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicknyr15

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Aug 12, 2019, 09:08 AM
Quote from: Nicknyr15 on Aug 12, 2019, 08:52 AMMy first show and I got to be honest, it was absolutely mind blowing. I will never miss a show from them again. The set list was perfect for me, they hit everything ,except Dodante. Steam into Phone might be the best 26 minutes of any show I've ever seen. The jam just kept building and building till it was almost too much to take. Better late than never to the party I guess!
Hell yeah! Always happy and excited for new fans. After my first show I was asking myself what I'd been doing all my life! After following them for years it's easy for me to look at a Forest Hills-type setlist and say "okay nothin special," but then you see the reaction of first-timers and you realize how special all of the songs are. You just never know how long anything or anyone will be around, so you can't take anything for granted. The Red Rocks shows really put me in that mindset - and I think the band might have a similar feeling of refreshment and gratitude.

Yea dude!! I've been like that with Pearl Jam for many years. Traveled many miles, and many states. I think I can now add MMJ to that list of bands I'll see multiple nights in multiple states. Like PJ, their music is so amazing live that I now barely listen to the album versions. 

Murph

I just can't believe that they haven't played together in 2 years.  Forest Hills was as good as I've ever seen them.  Incredible show.  Lay Low - Steam - PWW... doesnt get much better for me

parkervb

Quote from: Nicknyr15 on Aug 12, 2019, 08:52 AMMy first show and I got to be honest, it was absolutely mind blowing. I will never miss a show from them again. The set list was perfect for me, they hit everything ,except Dodante. Steam into Phone might be the best 26 minutes of any show I've ever seen. The jam just kept building and building till it was almost too much to take. Better late than never to the party I guess!
Hell yeah! Always happy and excited for new fans. After my first show I was asking myself what I'd been doing all my life! After following them for years it's easy for me to look at a Forest Hills-type setlist and say "okay nothin special," but then you see the reaction of first-timers and you realize how special all of the songs are. You just never know how long anything or anyone will be around, so you can't take anything for granted. The Red Rocks shows really put me in that mindset - and I think the band might have a similar feeling of refreshment and gratitude.

I know you're not sayin it was a bad show, but that Forest Hills show was definitely special. Of course, I would have DIED if they played Masterplan or Honest Man or COBRA! But, anytime you get Lay Low, TWTHS, Off the Record, a Steam->Phone and the Touch Mes back to back?? That's a FLAMES show IMO. And I didn't even mention an early Mahgeetah, a gorgeous Golden on a golden summer evening.

Real happy you jumped on the train Nick! I have a feeling you'll get some chances to see them plenty in 2020 and years to come!
Don't you ever turn it off

Nicknyr15

Quote from: parkervb on Aug 12, 2019, 09:39 AM

I know you're not sayin it was a bad show, but that Forest Hills show was definitely special. Of course, I would have DIED if they played Masterplan or Honest Man or COBRA! But, anytime you get Lay Low, TWTHS, Off the Record, a Steam->Phone and the Touch Mes back to back?? That's a FLAMES show IMO. And I didn't even mention an early Mahgeetah, a gorgeous Golden on a golden summer evening.

Real happy you jumped on the train Nick! I have a feeling you'll get some chances to see them plenty in 2020 and years to come!

This happens a lot with PJ. People will complain about lack of rarities , and I get it. But the FLOW of that set, the song placements and the energy that was flying off that stage was off the charts. I will be at as many shows as possible next time they come around.

Nicknyr15

Ohh and, MMJ fans, you guys rock. The vibes throughout the crowd were awesome. Very cool people , which is important. I've seen a ton of bands, and some fan bases are filled with complete douchebags. Not the case here, which always adds to the experience.

Cameron

I'm another regular traveler for PJ and MMJ. A little bummed right now because neither have any shows to get excited for. These were great shows though and should hold me over for a little bit.

parkervb

video of Victory Dance from Lazy Lightning (one of the best video guys on da YT, subscribe)

Nicknyr15

Quote from: Cameron on Aug 12, 2019, 10:52 AMI'm another regular traveler for PJ and MMJ. A little bummed right now because neither have any shows to get excited for. These were great shows though and should hold me over for a little bit.

Tell me about it

sillyboob

Quote from: Nicknyr15 on Aug 12, 2019, 11:47 AM
Quote from: Cameron on Aug 12, 2019, 10:52 AMI'm another regular traveler for PJ and MMJ. A little bummed right now because neither have any shows to get excited for. These were great shows though and should hold me over for a little bit.

Tell me about it

Not sure if you've seen the One Big Holiday festival that My Morning Jacket put on (in Mexico or the Dominican Republic).  If you enjoy traveling for shows, and tropical all-inclusive resorts, OBH is a whole new level of cool.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Nicknyr15

Quote from: sillyboob on Aug 12, 2019, 11:51 AM

Tell me about it

Not sure if you've seen the One Big Holiday festival that My Morning Jacket put on (in Mexico or the Dominican Republic).  If you enjoy traveling for shows, and tropical all-inclusive resorts, OBH is a whole new level of cool.
That sounds awesome. Ive seen footage and followed those set lists. I'll definitely be giving some thought to the next one

Cameron

Quote from: sillyboob on Aug 12, 2019, 11:51 AM

Tell me about it

We did DR. Made me regret not doing the other ones.

parkervb

also did anyone see the woman on someone's shoulders in the GA crowd? She appeared to maybe have recently completed chemo and was taking some videos of the crowd. Everyone seemed to be into it cheering when she panned her phone to them. She had a HUGE smile on her face the entire time. 

Bagels

That show was bananas, pure fire. I'm comfortable putting that up there with one of the best MMJ shows I've ever seen.

During the second half of PWW my girlfriend randomly started scratching my head. That's bliss right there.

sillyboob

Quote from: parkervb on Aug 12, 2019, 04:32 PMalso did anyone see the woman on someone's shoulders in the GA crowd? She appeared to maybe have recently completed chemo and was taking some videos of the crowd. Everyone seemed to be into it cheering when she panned her phone to them. She had a HUGE smile on her face the entire time. 

Saw her from Section 701. Could see the shaved head, but couldn't tell anything more than that.  But definitely saw her.  Glad she was having a good time!!

MMJTX

Anytime

Jbpats

Quote from: MMJTX on Aug 14, 2019, 09:38 AM
Quote from: Nicknyr15 on Aug 14, 2019, 09:24 AMhttps://youtu.be/htcNjxJrM3M

wow! awesome, didn't think i'd get to see/hear this show

Kudos to the taper, looks like he just held his phone up for the entire show.

Nicknyr15

Quote from: Jbpats on Aug 14, 2019, 10:16 AM
Quote from: MMJTX on Aug 14, 2019, 09:38 AM
Quote from: Nicknyr15 on Aug 14, 2019, 09:24 AMhttps://youtu.be/htcNjxJrM3M

wow! awesome, didn't think i'd get to see/hear this show

Kudos to the taper, looks like he just held his phone up for the entire show.

Yea thankful. I could never do that haha

dookie shoot bandit

[url=https://postimg.cc/5XQDH096]closest gas station nearby[/url]

My 2 lil sons made it on the Brooklyn Vegan site!

😂😂😂😂😂😂

sillyboob

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Aug 14, 2019, 01:25 PM[url=https://postimg.cc/5XQDH096]closest gas station nearby[/url]

My 2 lil sons made it on the Brooklyn Vegan site!

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Very cool!  We saw them from up in the seats in Section 701.  Loved seeing the youngun' in the cape!