2020 Tour Rumors

Started by CopperTom, Oct 26, 2019, 02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CopperTom

Any rumors floating out there for a MMJ 2020 Tour?  Anything?

ranyart

Roger Waters is doing 30 - 40 shows in North America next summer which I would think will have an impact on any MMJ plans for 2020...

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/roger-waters-us-them-film-interview-889933/

Come Closer

Are we assuming Bo is like his go-to keys guy now?

walterfredo

Quote from: Osistheones on Oct 27, 2019, 03:35 PMAre we assuming Bo is like his go-to keys guy now?

I think he has been for a couple years now.

Come Closer

I thought that was just one long tour though? I dunno, Roger seems to cycle through musicians and I would think Bo's priority would be MMJ, i.e. if the band plans to tour he's not going to tell the other 4 to put it on hold to do yet more shows with Roger.

jttouch2

I thought Bo was a replacement piece for an injured keys guy to begin with. Obviously its cool to play with Roger but I imagine/hope MMJ coming back would take precedence

MMJTX

Quote from: jttouch2 on Oct 27, 2019, 11:58 PMI thought Bo was a replacement piece for an injured keys guy to begin with. Obviously its cool to play with Roger but I imagine/hope MMJ coming back would take precedence

I remember seeing this as well
Anytime

slappymoe

about halfway thru the article......

There's a long section in "Dogs" after I sing the verse "Dragged down by the stone," which is about dogs and pigs destroying whatever they can in a mad scramble to be Gordon Gekko. So it's only Joey [Waronker, drums] and [keyboardist] Jon Carin actually playing anything.

doesn't say "keyboardist bo koster".  maybe bo has had his run.

and i can't wait to see waters again.  first time around was fantastic.

ranyart

It was hard to tell all of what was going on for sure on stage at the show we were at in Rome, but I thought I remembered seeing two folks on keys and sure enough there was.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Us_%2B_Them_Tour

Roger does say in the interview that he is reworking his show so only time will tell if Bo is part of those plans.  It was really fun seeing Bo and his hat up on stage with Roger but I doubt I will be going to another RW show anytime soon, and like others here I would love to see him in 2020 as many times as possible jamming with our favorite band.

Emb1528

It seemed as if one point a few weeks ago they were all heading out to LA. I recall seeing Carl joining someone out that way and Bo posting something on the west coast.

Anyone have insight?
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

APR

Apparently Bo will be touring with Roger for the majority of 2020.  I hope I got misinformation, but I doubt it.

millerjustin

mostly optimistic speculation, but Bo's continued role in Roger's ensemble and a 2020 "tour" for MMJ aren't necessary mutually exclusive concepts.

I'm too lazy to map this out, but I'd suggest looking at Roger's tour schedule and also major US festival dates to see where the open windows lie.  Along same lines, look at gaps on Roger's tour and check open multi-night windows in our favorite residency venues. 

Also, who's to say MMJ wouldn't get slotted to open for Roger?

What's in here won't disappear

millerjustin

Quote from: Emb1528 on Nov 14, 2019, 11:39 PMIt seemed as if one point a few weeks ago they were all heading out to LA. I recall seeing Carl joining someone out that way and Bo posting something on the west coast.

Anyone have insight?

they finished tracking W 2.0 in September
What's in here won't disappear

APR

Quote from: millerjustin on Nov 15, 2019, 02:49 PMmostly optimistic speculation, but Bo's continued role in Roger's ensemble and a 2020 "tour" for MMJ aren't necessary mutually exclusive concepts.

I'm too lazy to map this out, but I'd suggest looking at Roger's tour schedule and also major US festival dates to see where the open windows lie.  Along same lines, look at gaps on Roger's tour and check open multi-night windows in our favorite residency venues. 

Also, who's to say MMJ wouldn't get slotted to open for Roger?

I hear you.  If it has been announced, I can't find Roger's 2020 tour dates. But if there are breaks hopefully Bo will be happy to be extra busy for MMJ shows.  That sounds optimistic and reasonable too.  I heard 8 month between Roger rehearsals and shows, which makes 2021 a possible giant Jacket year (although I don't think I can wait that long if there aren't shows during those Roger windows).

RobRoy286

Quote from: millerjustin on Nov 15, 2019, 02:54 PM
Quote from: Emb1528 on Nov 14, 2019, 11:39 PMIt seemed as if one point a few weeks ago they were all heading out to LA. I recall seeing Carl joining someone out that way and Bo posting something on the west coast.

Anyone have insight?

I'm pretty clueless with the process of making an album. What exactly does it mean for them to finish "tracking" the album?

Woody

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Nov 19, 2019, 11:59 AM
Quote from: millerjustin on Nov 15, 2019, 02:54 PM

Anyone have insight?

I'm pretty clueless with the process of making an album. What exactly does it mean for them to finish "tracking" the album?

It's the actual recording of the songs prior to the mixing stage.

walterfredo

I have heard some chatter (aka, rumor) of MMJ playing the Frost Amphitheater (Stanford campus) this summer. Yes please.

Murph

Shaky Knees lineup comes out tomorrow I believe.. fingers crossed

sillyboob

Quote from: walterfredo on Nov 19, 2019, 06:05 PMI have heard some chatter (aka, rumor) of MMJ playing the Frost Amphitheater (Stanford campus) this summer. Yes please.

That would be great.  My wife & I did three nights in Berkeley when The National played two shows up there last year.  We would head up for MMJ for sure, easy enough to do coming up from Long Beach.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Murph