Carl with Ray LaMonagne

Started by rkwedge, May 07, 2019, 04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkwedge

It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

RobRoy286

jttouch2

Really thought there was a chance the boys would be together in studio during the fall. still leaves most of august + all of september, but not ideal. Excited to see the Ryman show though.

parkervb

Quote from: jttouch2 on May 08, 2019, 10:44 AMReally thought there was a chance the boys would be together in studio during the fall. still leaves most of august + all of september, but not ideal. Excited to see the Ryman show though.

i guess the the optimist might say they could roll into the studio right after the 3 shows and lay down some tracks. I think we'll get a better idea of the plans this summer when (if) they announce OBH5.
Don't you ever turn it off

millerjustin

Quote from: parkervb on May 08, 2019, 03:12 PM
Quote from: jttouch2 on May 08, 2019, 10:44 AMReally thought there was a chance the boys would be together in studio during the fall. still leaves most of august + all of september, but not ideal. Excited to see the Ryman show though.

i guess the the optimist might say they could roll into the studio right after the 3 shows and lay down some tracks. I think we'll get a better idea of the plans this summer when (if) they announce OBH5.

most realistic to assume C9 will send out a "no OBH5 in 2020" announcement soon and we continue to wait until ~July to hear anything new - I'm hopeful that the TTF anniversary will lead to a tour next Spring/Summer 2020, with OBH5 happening in 2021
What's in here won't disappear

sillyboob

Quote from: millerjustin on May 09, 2019, 12:23 PM

most realistic to assume C9 will send out a "no OBH5 in 2020" announcement soon and we continue to wait until ~July to hear anything new - I'm hopeful that the TTF anniversary will lead to a tour next Spring/Summer 2020, with OBH5 happening in 2021

I'm about to jump on Closer To The Sun since it's seeming more and more likely there's no OBH2020.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

millerjustin

Quote from: sillyboob on May 09, 2019, 02:20 PM

I'm about to jump on Closer To The Sun since it's seeming more and more likely there's no OBH2020.

that's a very safe bet.
What's in here won't disappear

sillyboob

Quote from: millerjustin on May 13, 2019, 10:47 AM
Quote from: sillyboob on May 09, 2019, 02:20 PM

that's a very safe bet.

I did it, jumped on the Closer To The Sun bandwagon.  Helps having a friend in Dirty Heads, and the wife & I actually had a friend who wanted to go to this one (can't get anyone to go to OBH).
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

jttouch2

I guess this is still a possibility with the new interview news, they have basically 2 months between Forest Hills and the opening of Ray tour so a good bit could get done during that time

rkwedge

I went and saw Carl and Ray Saturday night. It was a super intimate show and well worth seeing although the tour is about done.(Go see them California) Ray singing and playing rhythm acoustic and Carl adding lead and harmonies fantastically. Carl made the show for me but of coarse I'd say that, the best surprise was Ryan was on the soundboard so it sounded fantastic.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

APR

Quote from: rkwedge on Nov 18, 2019, 02:48 PMI went and saw Carl and Ray Saturday night. It was a super intimate show and well worth seeing although the tour is about done.(Go see them California) Ray singing and playing rhythm acoustic and Carl adding lead and harmonies fantastically. Carl made the show for me but of coarse I'd say that, the best surprise was Ryan was on the soundboard so it sounded fantastic.

Good to know.  I was considering going for Carl, but the show around here was not at an intimate venue and tickets were quite expensive.