2020 Tour Rumors

Started by CopperTom, Oct 26, 2019, 02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbpats

Quote from: robb on Feb 05, 2020, 09:39 AM
Quote from: Jbpats on Feb 05, 2020, 09:30 AM
Quote from: Clarkwork on Feb 05, 2020, 09:08 AMHearing good buzz on NYE shows too...  Hoping all this smoke is leading to a big ass fire!
Any indication where it will be?

3 nighter at mission ballroom in denver, based on what i'm hearing.

fawwwwk why always Denver!?!

Clarkwork

Quote from: robb on Feb 05, 2020, 09:39 AM
Quote from: Jbpats on Feb 05, 2020, 09:30 AM
Quote from: Clarkwork on Feb 05, 2020, 09:08 AMHearing good buzz on NYE shows too...  Hoping all this smoke is leading to a big ass fire!
Any indication where it will be?

3 nighter at mission ballroom in denver, based on what i'm hearing.

Holds about 3900, would be smallllll
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

parkervb

i see loads of CID packages being sold if that rumor is true.
Don't you ever turn it off

7thsun

What are the chances we get a Red Rocks weekend and a 3-night stretch at Mission? It'd have to be one or the other but I'd fly out for both!

Woody

Quote from: 7thsun on Feb 05, 2020, 11:11 AMWhat are the chances we get a Red Rocks weekend and a 3-night stretch at Mission? It'd have to be one or the other but I'd fly out for both!

I would think the chances are slim, no?

slappymoe

Quote from: Jbpats on Feb 05, 2020, 09:47 AMfawwwwk why always Denver!?!
boooo denver!  tickets + flight + hotel = more $$$ than i'm willing to spend.

yaaaay louisville!  tickets + drive to venue + sleep in my own bed = :thumbsup:

mwalthers

Living in Denver I really hope this happens.  With that said, I really don't see it going down at the Mission Ballroom, too small in my opinion, especially seeing how over sold the Red Rocks shows were last summer, it would be a packed zoo.

APR

CO is amazing, but I hope they give another state a chance.  Late Dec '17 and summer '19 and now maybe summer '20 and late Dec '20.  Lucky folks living near all the MMJ shows!

Jackets N Pones

Can't wait for the e-mail to hit any day now
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

oistheone

Between Forecastle and Railbird, the next two weeks have potential to be big!!!

mwalthers

I hear you APR, I have no clue why they are neglecting so many places, I do hope for a full on tour for all to enjoy!

jttouch2

Dreamt last night that MMJ came back to the Cap, they opened with I Know What It's Like by Jeff Tweedy (? i dunno), it had a riproaring sax solo, and i dream-cried before waking. Hopefully some of those things happen in real life

APR

Quote from: oistheone on Feb 06, 2020, 07:30 PMBetween Forecastle and Railbird, the next two weeks have potential to be big!!!

True.  Do you know when Forecastle announces their lineup?  Summer might be too soon so I'm holding out hopes for ACL if we don't get good news from those fests.

Jbpats

Quote from: APR on Feb 07, 2020, 12:45 PM
Quote from: oistheone on Feb 06, 2020, 07:30 PMBetween Forecastle and Railbird, the next two weeks have potential to be big!!!

True.  Do you know when Forecastle announces their lineup?  Summer might be too soon so I'm holding out hopes for ACL if we don't get good news from those fests.

Forecastle's lineup is Tuesday at 10 according to their website

oistheone

My gut tells me yes Railbird and no Forecastle but I would love em at both!

APR

Quote from: Jbpats on Feb 07, 2020, 12:45 PM
Quote from: APR on Feb 07, 2020, 12:45 PM

Forecastle's lineup is Tuesday at 10 according to their website

Thanks!  I just came back to edit my post since I just checked the Forecastle website and saw the info was there (it says Wednesday the 12th).

Jbpats

There is a lot of forecastle buzz in other festival forums, probably no rhyme or reason behind it.. but there is thoughts that the Forecastle announcement will trigger their tour announcement.

louisvilledanahys

Saw this from @TheFestiveOwl:

LEAK — #Forecastle 2020 to be headlined by: @jackjohnson, @CageTheElephant, @the1975 + ft. @umphreysmcgee, @TASHSULTANAA, @brckhmptn and more.

Was hoping for MMJ.

Jbpats

Quote from: louisvilledanahys on Feb 11, 2020, 09:57 PMSaw this from @TheFestiveOwl:

LEAK — #Forecastle 2020 to be headlined by: @jackjohnson, @CageTheElephant, @the1975 + ft. @umphreysmcgee, @TASHSULTANAA, @brckhmptn and more.

Was hoping for MMJ.

So what festivals are left for MMJ?
Fall/Winter tour.. maybe ACL?

Murph

Quote from: louisvilledanahys on Feb 11, 2020, 09:57 PMSaw this from @TheFestiveOwl:

Was hoping for MMJ.

Yikes.. besides the fact that there wouldnt be any MMJ if true, that is one uninspiring list of headliners