2020 Tour Rumors

Started by CopperTom, Oct 26, 2019, 02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

Quote from: Jbpats on Feb 12, 2020, 09:10 AM
Quote from: louisvilledanahys on Feb 11, 2020, 09:57 PMSaw this from @TheFestiveOwl:

LEAK — #Forecastle 2020 to be headlined by: @jackjohnson, @CageTheElephant, @the1975 + ft. @umphreysmcgee, @TASHSULTANAA, @brckhmptn and more.

Was hoping for MMJ.

So what festivals are left for MMJ?
Fall/Winter tour.. maybe ACL?

i've run out of steam on rumors at this point, I just hope to see some cryptic tweet from one of the guys that shows they are in the studio. As much as I'd like to see some live shows, I am much more excited about the potential of a new album (bc with that comes...a TOUR!). The boys have made a lot of great music outside of the band and it is bound to have a massive impact on their sound. Seeing Carl get co-writing credits with Nicole Atkins makes me wish he would have a larger role in that capacity for MMJ.
Don't you ever turn it off

parkervb

Quote from: Murph on Feb 12, 2020, 10:09 AM
Quote from: louisvilledanahys on Feb 11, 2020, 09:57 PMSaw this from @TheFestiveOwl:

LEAK — #Forecastle 2020 to be headlined by: @jackjohnson, @CageTheElephant, @the1975 + ft. @umphreysmcgee, @TASHSULTANAA, @brckhmptn and more.

Was hoping for MMJ.

Yikes.. besides the fact that there wouldnt be any MMJ if true, that is one uninspiring list of headliners

Goose tho ;)

oistheone

The undercard at Forecastle is unreal! Cass McCombs, Parquet Courts, Goose, Illiterate Light AND Caroline Rose? Sign me up!

But anyway, it's Railbird to keep an eye on. Out one week today.

millerjustin

Quote from: parkervb on Feb 12, 2020, 10:14 AM

Was hoping for MMJ.

i've run out of steam on rumors at this point, I just hope to see some cryptic tweet from one of the guys that shows they are in the studio. As much as I'd like to see some live shows, I am much more excited about the potential of a new album (bc with that comes...a TOUR!). The boys have made a lot of great music outside of the band and it is bound to have a massive impact on their sound. Seeing Carl get co-writing credits with Nicole Atkins makes me wish he would have a larger role in that capacity for MMJ.

I'm not surprised to see no MMJ at Forecastle - July is way too early for mobilization based on what I'm hearing.  In terms of fests, I'd say Bourbon & Beyond and ACL are still viable.  Railbird?  at a horse track?

They finished up in the studio late last year (they were all radio silent on socials Sept/Oct while in LA with Kevin R. and I think they worked with Tucker again to wrap up tracking and polish things up).  go take a look at Tucker's IG account floramartine and you'll see a buried post with a track listing from Waterfall that includes unreleased songs (Magic Bullet, Spinning, Wasted, Feel You, Talk to Me) that I suspect will be centerpieces along with some new ones written and composed since 2015.  I'm still hoping for a live album too, but who knows.

As for Fall tour (which may include 2-3 autumn festival stops), they have holds all over through 12/31 - stay tuned!
What's in here won't disappear

APR

Quote from: millerjustin on Feb 12, 2020, 11:23 AM

Was hoping for MMJ.

I'm not surprised to see no MMJ at Forecastle - July is way too early for mobilization based on what I'm hearing.  In terms of fests, I'd say Bourbon & Beyond and ACL are still viable.  Railbird?  at a horse track?

They finished up in the studio late last year (they were all radio silent on socials Sept/Oct while in LA with Kevin R. and I think they worked with Tucker again to wrap up tracking and polish things up).  go take a look at Tucker's IG account floramartine and you'll see a buried post with a track listing from Waterfall that includes unreleased songs (Magic Bullet, Spinning, Wasted, Feel You, Talk to Me) that I suspect will be centerpieces along with some new ones written and composed since 2015.  I'm still hoping for a live album too, but who knows.

As for Fall tour (which may include 2-3 autumn festival stops), they have holds all over through 12/31 - stay tuned!

Thanks.  Very promising stuff.  We'll all just have to be patient and stay tuned.

RobotRace

Quote from: millerjustin on Feb 12, 2020, 11:23 AM

Was hoping for MMJ.

Voodoo Fest in October would be #fun.

Derek713

Well....Red Rocks August 27/28 is no go. I just got an email from Red Rocks, and Louis The Child is playing those dates.

Come on! Give us something. I need some MMJ!!

jttouch2

Imagine fall fest would be something like Hula nowadays

Jbpats

Quote from: Derek713 on Feb 12, 2020, 04:07 PMWell....Red Rocks August 27/28 is no go. I just got an email from Red Rocks, and Louis The Child is playing those dates.

The MMJ rumor was 28/29th which are still open according to Red Rocks website. Louis the child is only playing on the 27th.

Derek713

Quote from: Jbpats on Feb 12, 2020, 04:15 PM
Quote from: Derek713 on Feb 12, 2020, 04:07 PMWell....Red Rocks August 27/28 is no go. I just got an email from Red Rocks, and Louis The Child is playing those dates.

The MMJ rumor was 28/29th which are still open according to Red Rocks website. Louis the child is only playing on the 27th.

They must have added the second night then. I just went back and looked at the email and they are  playing the 28th too.

https://www.axs.com/events/392245/louis-the-child-8-28-tickets?skin=redrocks&et_cid=adv_12_New_Shows_021220_co_31708_19281&jobid=41145269&et_rid=32323689&bid=10963464

Jbpats

Quote from: Derek713 on Feb 12, 2020, 04:23 PM

They must have added the second night then. I just went back and looked at the email and they are  playing the 28th too.

https://www.axs.com/events/392245/louis-the-child-8-28-tickets?skin=redrocks&et_cid=adv_12_New_Shows_021220_co_31708_19281&jobid=41145269&et_rid=32323689&bid=10963464

God that sucks.
I already had MMJ>MMJ>Black Crowes red rocks trip on my calendar for the summer.

millerjustin

Quote from: Jbpats on Feb 12, 2020, 04:53 PM
Quote from: Derek713 on Feb 12, 2020, 04:23 PM

God that sucks.
I already had MMJ>MMJ>Black Crowes red rocks trip on my calendar for the summer.

yeah, man - me too!  but with the solid leaks on NYE run at Mission Ballroom (another AEG venue), I kind of gave up hope on RR about a month ago....can't imaging 4-5 nights in the same market within 4 months' time
What's in here won't disappear

ranyart

I would love to see some NYE shows and Mission Ballroom is right across the road from 3D!

Zutroy

Any more on Railbird?

Lineup drops tomorrow so I put a reservation down that is cancellable.

Jackets N Pones

It's gotta be Railbird
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

Jbpats

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Feb 18, 2020, 05:51 PMIt's gotta be Railbird
Fall/Winter tour.. I am still saying ACL or Hulaween

Jbpats

Quote from: Jbpats on Feb 19, 2020, 08:46 AM
Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Feb 18, 2020, 05:51 PMIt's gotta be Railbird
Fall/Winter tour.. I am still saying ACL or Hulaween
Railbirds lineup is atrocious

subinai

Come Closer

Atrocious seems a little harsh. It does look like an indie folk lineup from a decade ago, but if you're into Americana stuff it doesn't seem awful.

parkervb

fall/winter tour it is! (hopefully)