Jim James & Neil Young - Bernie Sanders Digital Rally - 3/17/2020

Started by Mr. White, Mar 16, 2020, 01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

https://www.stereogum.com/2076884/neil-young-jim-james-announced-for-bernie-sanders-digital-rally/news/

Neil Young, Jim James Announced For Bernie Sanders Digital Rally

"Bernie Sanders has gotten quite the spread of musicians to support him and play at his rallies. Ahead of this Tuesday's primary election, his campaign will livestream a digital rally with guest appearances from Neil Young and Daryl Hannah — Young officially endorsed Sanders for President earlier this month — and musical performances by My Morning Jacket's Jim James and the Free Nationals.

"There are so many of us that just want to find common ground with all living beings so that we can move forward together as a world to live in peace, good health, and equality," James said in a statement. "Bernie speaks and lives the truth and has worked his entire life fighting for truth and justice- bringing people together for the common good and that is why I believe he can help unite us now"

The Bernie 2020 Digital Rally will begin on Tuesday (3/17) at 7PM EST."
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Mr. White

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Mar 16, 2020, 06:48 PMIt's tonight!

Here's the re-broadcast!!!
I'll try to edit it later and share Jim's part at some point.
I'm so, so, so proud of Jim's courage  and commitment to do the right thing!
No matter what happens in this election, Bernie is the only candidate who cares for the working class and poor people. He's the only one.

RobRoy286

7thsun

Quote from: Mr. White on Mar 16, 2020, 10:04 PM
Quote from: RobRoy286 on Mar 16, 2020, 06:48 PMIt's tonight!

Here's the re-broadcast!!!
I'll try to edit it later and share Jim's part at some point.
I'm so, so, so proud of Jim's courage  and commitment to do the right thing!
No matter what happens in this election, Bernie is the only candidate who cares for the working class and poor people. He's the only one.

The ONLY one.

Really hope folks were able to see this and feel as encouraged and motivated as I did. Despite what happens in the election, the messages they both send, Bernie and Jim, are ones I hope are given consideration more and more.

Too many people are hurting out there and it's god damn time we reach out a hand to help.

7thsun

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Mar 17, 2020, 06:31 AMSetlist? Didn't recognize that song.

1. Seems like a new song. Hopefully a new MMJ track. Eerily familiar sound... (could be wishful thinking)

2. Amazed
3. Here In Spirit

Mr. White

Jim performed for the first ever Bernie Sanders Digital Rally on Monday, March 16, 2020. He also gave some comments and positive thoughts regarding what Bernie can bring to America and our World. He spoke about loving each other, coming together, and acceptance of all people.

Edited down "Unlisted" video I made with only Jim's portion (12 minutes).

sillyboob

Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Murph

Quote from: sillyboob on Mar 17, 2020, 10:06 AMSo no duet with Jim and Neil doing Harvest Moon?

No, it was a completely digital thing.  Nobody was in the same place. Neil looked like he was at his house.

ranyart

Loved the new song and can't wait to hear more.  Any idea where Jim was playing and what the rest of the gear on the stage was for?

sillyboob

Not sure where the gig was, but the musical equipment was for The Free Nationals.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

APR

Thanks Mr. White for putting the Jim stuff together.  The new song sounds good.

Does anyone else think the Bernie logo (showing his hair in white and eyeglasses in white) up on the screen above Jim's head upper left and right look just very similar to the Larry David's Curb logo HBO uses for this season (also no colors and just showing hair and the eyeglasses)

MMJCOBRA

Sounds like the new song was written specifically for that performance.

Anyone have the origin story for this track?

Mr. White

Made this last night and am putting it here for safe-keeping.
Thank You Bernie.

Bernie Sanders
Biden/Harris Inauguration (and on the train)
Wednesday, January 20, 2021
"Trouble Sleep Yanga Wake Am"
Red+Hot+Fela tribute album
My Morning Jacket & Brittany Howard